test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Op paladin tanks

deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
Never in any mmorpg have I seen such a broken class mechanic that is the dual bubble protector paladins.

Running my guilds 2 best dps classes we paired up with a haste cleric and 2 bubble tank paladins. I knew it would make the spiders dungeon easier, (as you'd expect rolling 2 tanks and a healer) but never did I expect what I encountered.

Coming into the last boss fight we were breezing through the dungeon, being encouraged to stand in the red and allow the 2 paladins to soak up the damage and reflect it back at the enemies. Fair enough. No deaths means I can focus on my dps. After the boss fight. The paladins overtook our damage by over 79million damage on the boss simply by having everyone stand in the red (500 item level lower than ours!)

Seriously this class is broken beyond belief. Our 2 dps classes made to feel like passengers by a tank that can make the whole party immune to damage and out dps us by miles. We could have literally removed our gear and still beaten the final boss as we took no damage.

What cheeses me off the most is this. The dev's nerfed life steal to allow the healers and tanks to be more useful in dungeons. Fair enough. Rolling dps classes with life steal you didn't have much need for healers.

But with the bubble paladins you now have a situation where: 1) you don't need healers or tanks since you are immune to damage. 2) the roll of the other 2 dps classes is simply to make up the numbers by standing in the red to boost the paladin's dmg. Broken beyond belief! Soon parties will consist of 1 haste cleric and 2 paladins. Everyone else kicked to get these 3 classes. Please nerf this awful **** before the game gets broken

Comments

• bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I think life steal was buffed. It's now a percent chance to heal the full amount of damage in hit. If you get your crit up and your life steal to say 20%, then very often you will crit heal which would make healers once again not necessary. Boone really help with that, tyranny of dragons has a boon that gives you a flat 3% chance. That adds up!

The damage that Paladins do on the pain giver charts is vastly inflated because the skills that they do to defend the party causes them to take your damage. It damages themselves, and it gets counted on the pain giver chart. You'll notice their pain giver is close to their damage taken chart. :/

I think Paladins do little dps on their own. :$
  • deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    The life steal very much was not buffed. Before you dealt x% damage you healed for your life steal % of that damage. Now if you deal x% damage you have a life steal % chance to heal for that full amount.

Not a buff. Ask temptation warlocks if it's a buff. 20% chance to be able to heal? No thanks. And I should say my build has over 6k life steal using dark defensives and that's less than 15%. So not easy.

Yes paladins are situational in that they have to have amother pally and a haste cleric to be max effective. But that's what worrys me. The more people learn of this broken build the less of other class running dungeons.

No other class can deal as much damage as they can take. That's the broken mechanic. 2 pally stack so one absorbs damage off the other making both immortal. The damage is broken as no tank should be able to be an effective tank and out dps any other class in any mmorpg!
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Are you crying because there is a legitimate strategy to beat ANY and EVERY dungeon? Is it a glitch, NO. Is it cheating, NO. Does it make T2 dungeon runs easier YES. I don't see the big deal.

I have been one of the 2 Pallies, and I have been one of the extra DPS(TR). Both times we ran through Wolf Den with EASE. I don't think using a sound strategy to beat a dungeon is a bad thing at all.
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Are you upset because there is a way to beat any dungeon that is NOT a glitch and is NOT a cheat? Sounds like its playing the game the way its supposed to be played to me. I think you are just upset that you cant beat a dungeon, and are upset that teams with 2 Pallies and a DC can beat a dungeon. But that's no reason to come on here and say the game is broke. Stop crying about it and go find yourself 2 Pallies and a DC.

I GUARUNTEE if you were on such a team you would not be crying on here. If you were on a team you would be happy that you could beat any dungeon.
  • deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Actually iv beaten spiders on my warlock with my guildy best dps class and we couldn't come close to the damage the 2 paladins dished out. I'm in favour of not glitching dungeons but to me it felt far too easy and I'm sure if the dev's actually ran a dungeon with the 3 classes they would agree it's broken
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    patsfire said:

Are you crying because there is a legitimate strategy to beat ANY and EVERY dungeon? Is it a glitch, NO. Is it cheating, NO. Does it make T2 dungeon runs easier YES. I don't see the big deal.

I have been one of the 2 Pallies, and I have been one of the extra DPS(TR). Both times we ran through Wolf Den with EASE. I don't think using a sound strategy to beat a dungeon is a bad thing at all.

But it is boring.... I pugged eLoL when this first came out and was told to turn off Fox Cunning (dodge) and go stand in the red

I felt like a target dummy from the House of Blades...lol

Now when I plug anything and see 2 Pallys and a Cleric I leave the group because I out here to play not watch and no I will not turn off Fox Cunning (dodge) for anything let alone a Epic dungeon chest I can get by playing my HR

lol, but there is a lot of things is this game that are boring to be honest. But I don't see how it is OP with 2 pallies and a DC. Is it boring, sure, but if that's how people want to play then why cry about it.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Well it looks like the Pallies have been messed with, looking at the last Cragmire we ran last night with two of them, not sure how yet but the consensus from the Cleric and the two pallies was that damage levels were massively reduced from previous runs, anyone else picked up on this?
  • boatmanfall3nboatmanfall3n Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    The damage dealt by bubble pallies shown on the pain giver chart before the stronghold update was not even remotely accurate. This should be immediately evident when you run without the bubble pallies and compare the total damage from all members.

Do a dungeon run without bubble pallies and record the total damage dealt by all 5 players. Run that same dungeon with bubble pallies and then record the total damage again. The 2 totals are drastically different. That is because the pain giver chart also displays the damage a player does to themselves (SW and warlocks bargain is a good example). The same applies for bubble pallies and binding oath. The actual damage dealt by bubble pallies is far far far less than what the pain giver chart shows.

Plus, the armpen bug on mobs is now fixed. Therfore since the bubble palad in takes less damage, they deal less damage.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Funny that, the DC sigil (artifact) has AP gain as its 'power'. You gain 80% over 15 secs when it's purple :smiley:
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I think the main issue, as others have said is that when this mechanic is eventually nerfed, which it will be, people will struggle who haven't run without it.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    ECC was definitely messed up with :smile:
    E.g. the boss no longer teleports behind you. And he loves fighting my piñata.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yes paladins are situational in that they have to have amother pally and a haste cleric to be max effective. But that's what worrys me. The more people learn of this broken build the less of other class running dungeons.

GF + OP + DC is overkill as well. Reflect is heavily amplified in our group composition.
    Post edited by zman81420 on
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    @randomdigits He will teleport in front of you now. You really just need to run through and then face him.
  • lorde#3763 lorde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    as i am a haste cleric on xbox, i see no us for DC's, we are only used for basicly is keeping the groups AP up (i do a good job at this) the only time im used for ACCUTAL healing is when theres no pally (mostly durring Elol), then im useing my astral shield and astral shield, which in turn can only keep the group alive for a few seconds... the pally is messsed up class soo much, i just deleted mine (after i got the sigul)
    astral seal and astral shield
    Well I have been able to tweak my load out and rotations and pretty much keep my bubble up almost all the time without a Haste DC. So when most other Pallies learn to do this as well, then there will be no use for any Haste DC's. Only normal healing DC's from MOD5.

Well I have been able to tweak my load out and rotations and pretty much keep my bubble up almost all the time without a Haste DC. So when most other Pallies learn to do this as well, then there will be no use for any Haste DC's. Only normal healing DC's from MOD5.

xbox is in mod6...

I know, I meant Healing DC's were needed in MOD5, and will be needed again once Pallies no longer need Haste DC

I know, I meant Healing DC's were needed in MOD5, and will be needed again once Pallies no longer need Haste DC

i highly dought pallys will stop whining about there AP
    I don't, and neither do the people I run with. Not to say some won't cry about it. A good pally does not need a Haste DC, and going even further a good solid group should not need the Pally Bubble.
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Oh, and btw my Pally class set-up in the Pally class forum is still viable. I will make some updates to it since I actually do run without a haste DC. I can keep my Bubble up all the time now while in any dungeon.
    In PvE my pally only uses bubble to protect other people, it's not required for personal protection. I'll pop it if I see team mates health dropping but if we have a good DC and the rest aren't doing stupid things then that shouldn't be necessary.

The real benefit of the OP is the wide area buff/debuffs and aggro pulling.

• johndoe#0677 johndoe Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Never in any mmorpg have I seen such a broken class mechanic that is the dual bubble protector paladins.

The answer is: never do anything with bubbles. Play the game, don't sleepwalk through it.

• volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    "In PvE my pally only uses bubble to protect other people, it's not required for personal protection."

Well said.
  • enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

In PvE my pally only uses bubble to protect other people, it's not required for personal protection. I'll pop it if I see team mates health dropping but if we have a good DC and the rest aren't doing stupid things then that shouldn't be necessary.

The downside to this sometimes is I rarely will use a High Prophet set if the bubble isn't around, meaning I ditch buffing powers and switch over to being healer. I just assume the Paladin doesn't have it, then they pop it on the boss and all I have to help out is Divine Glow.
    enicegeo said:

armadeonx said:

The downside to this sometimes is I rarely will use a High Prophet set if the bubble isn't around, meaning I ditch buffing powers and switch over to being healer. I just assume the Paladin doesn't have it, then they pop it on the boss and all I have to help out is Divine Glow.
    That's random pugs for you I guess. To me the most important communication in a dungeon run is between the DC & Pally or GF. If they aren't on the same page then things can go wrong.

• volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    As a bubble pally I prefer playing without haste for several reasons. First, haste + bubble pally = too easy. Secondly, I like to see if my teammates can last more than a second without bubble since dependin where we are there is usually 2-4 seconds inbetween my bubble pops'. That brings my 3rd reason. I laugh and giggle when the whining comes about how I am horrible because the bubble isn't up 100% of the time and they are dying. I'm like, hey, I'm not on the ground bleeding to death.. Let me finish with Mr. Lostmauth then I'll let ya continue. :P That has actually happened. I would be fine with bubble being banned. I don't need it. The party does. You'll be dead well before me with no bubble. Haha Much better when teammates actually appreciate it.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I agree, the bubble is for the party not the pally, but it helps to have some DPS along for the ride :) For a while I had my TR set up for everything offensive and nothing much for defense and let the OP carry my through some runs. This was quicker but mindless and I found myself not running my TR much so I fixed him to be able to stay alive much better on his own and I enjoy playing him again with or without the bubble.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    volourn said:

As a bubble pally I prefer playing without haste for several reasons. First, haste + bubble pally = too easy. Secondly, I like to see if my teammates can last more than a second without bubble since dependin where we are there is usually 2-4 seconds inbetween my bubble pops'. That brings my 3rd reason. I laugh and giggle when the whining comes about how I am horrible because the bubble isn't up 100% of the time and they are dying. I'm like, hey, I'm not on the ground bleeding to death.. Let me finish with Mr. Lostmauth then I'll let ya continue. :P That has actually happened. I would be fine with bubble being banned. I don't need it. The party does. You'll be dead well before me with no bubble. Haha Much better when teammates actually appreciate it.

If I were you, I would never use Divine Protector - this skill is broken and makes all players bad each run they're under it's effect.
    Sooner than later (happens on PC now) you guys will be nerfed and than river of tears will flow when all of a sudden folks would have to avoid red (yeah that's weird right?).
    Seriously, this is the most stupid skill ever invented by the devs - not the skill sorry, it's duration and how it was used to make the game a complete and utter HAMSTER.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"