test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Temple of Spider --LvL 70 owned-- Strategy Spoiler

philol1philol1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvE Discussion
Today my guild and I decided to put some time in on some progression runs.
Group make up:
GF Tank 2800 iLvL
SW ( 3100 iLvL)
CW (2300 iLvL)
DC (2500 iLvL)
GWF(3100 iLvL)

Using a mix of healing / dps / tank / companions... NO IOUN STONES WERE USED... they proved to be not as effective as companions were!

Introduction:

Boss mechanics
1) Shogun blast - this damage is distributed to all those who were hit by this attack. Although, logic may say scatter like roaches "STAY GROUPED UP OR SOMEONE WILL DIE"

Throughout Phase 1 Blademasters will spawn from various locations around the entrance of the arena - These must be tanked and then focused down by everyone in the group. Two spiders will be up almost the entire time - we had our GWF run around and stomp on them. Both range DPS stayed near the DC and TANK and Dmg'd the boss untill Phase 2.

Phase 2 - There are Two Giant spiders 1) Red, which will target a player with lasers these lasers must be intercepted by the boss or that player WILL DIE!. 2) Blue, this spider will heal the boss unless this heal is intercepted by a party member.

The only thing that had changed in our Strat was the boss dance that we had to begin doing in phase 2.

We did not down the boss - however; we made it down to 35% before we wiped.

NOTE**** we ran this boss over 75 times to get to this point in the battle.

Things we tried that did not work:
- Using all healing companions
- using all dps companions
- using all tank companions
- using all ioun stones...

It is very sad to see a game that has such great potential do so poorly at a very pinnacle point in its timeline.

having many hours in dungeons with the quality of gear among all members of the party it is my belief that the scaling of the dungeons was poorly handled and needs to be RE-ACCESSED IMMEDIATELY!

My suggestion to fix this issue: Decrease NPC output by 1/3rd the amount of ALL dmg & Increase the NPC HP amounts by 1/3rd effectively making the fights longer requiring strategy however; making it possible for tanks and other plate wearing classes to not be BLOWN up by a Baby spider... WTF! Baby spiders hit for 150k fyi..

Comments

• majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    in other words, even fully geared full parties are incapable of doing the content. Awesome.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    majik518 said:

in other words, even fully geared full parties are incapable of doing the content. Awesome.

lol

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.

Dude you literally have to be the worst players in the game if you can't beat epic temple of the spider with those item levels and group composition.

Pretty much.

• philol1philol1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Dude you literally have to be the worst players in the game if you can't beat epic temple of the spider with those item levels and group composition. I have almost 800 seals and me and my friends have beat the spider queen with many group compositions. Just recently beat it with a hr, gf, gwf, tr, cleric. My friend beat it today with 4 SW and gf, which means they beat the whole dungeon with no healer. Mind you all of my friends have 2000-2800 item level

could be - should have had it many times..

• jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Can someone who has downed it many times post a comprehensive guide for downing the boss or link one. I have downed elol, shores, and kessell's, downed first 2 bosses in epic cragmire (brewmaster smashed my group) but never tried spider queen boss. I'm assuming this is the easiest t2 dungeon to farm protector seals. I'm at 2775 ilvl with all blue artifacts and artifact equipment.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Sounds like you need a good TR. -_-
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
    perhaps - We got it done last night - got a Pally tank to run in... SOAK all the dmg and Main tank while only taking 80% dmg for 20sec's with enough action point gain to keep that up the entire fight.

Guess I found myself a new role.
    john6522 said:

Because the paladin makes healers and guardian fighters look useless as HAMSTER right now.

yeah thats a fact - I think it may actually be the ONLY class that works well right now... --- im going to reroll so I can palladin - so I can PvE again.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    In the PC version most Epic dungeons are only winable with bugs or having an entire party with 4k+ Item Level. Seems the same is now true for Xbox as well
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    4k+ seems a bit high. My guild and I run T2s no problem and I have the highest IL at 3100
    mynaam said:

In the PC version most Epic dungeons are only winable with bugs or having an entire party with 4k+ Item Level. Seems the same is now true for Xbox as well

well then - that explains it. I remember reading that they were trying to get players on the xbox caught up to the PC - it seems they have made serious progress.

instead of making the xbox better - like it was pre-level 70. it feels as though they directly ported the game from one platform to another - as some sort of short cut...

if only they would put together a team to roll out some bug fixes each week - even if it was one minor bug fix or class balance a week - that would make the community extremely excited..

ETOS strategy: When you see red, move. Problem solved.
  • urapnus2urapnus2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    My group and I have been farming ToS and Epic Cragmire (No cheese version) both with similar results. Trash not so bad once you get the "feel" of how hard they hit for, Bosses just take a bit longer to learn mechanics. Cragmire is definitely a challenge but more entertaining by far. We were all 2400 or so when we started farming ToS and 2700 or so when we started Cragmire. We've only attempted the wolf to get the jist of the encounter but no serious attempts. This week our plans are to finish the trifecta. Group comp is GF, Warlock, DPS Cleric, Healer Cleric, And an empty slot we usually fill with a guildie at this time.
  • flanniganbkflanniganbk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Have beaten epic spider and cragmire crypts w no one above 2500ilvl... Tank was just barely 2k (I had to give him a rank 8 to run with us.) Anyone here take into consideration skill level > ilvl?
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Dont compare pc with xbox version. It looks like that the good ole DR bug found his way to xbox ( Gratz to this "awesome" job, pw....).
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

The guides on NW:UN were written when the DR bug still existed.

I didnt mean your advice. Sry if you think so. I did mean it for the players they are writing how easy it is and "we got ne healers...no need any tank..." etc.etc.
    The guides are really good, but i still think that the dr bug is at xbox.
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Skill level beats all Exspecialy Item level

Can get 250IL from utility slots

135 from horrible free cloak at 70

Plenty of IL from poor stat allocation

Skill cant have a number put on it lol
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    A trapper there instead of the warlock would have been much better. Fox cunning to give free dodge to everyone and dazes to control the adds. Btw etos was quite easy even with dr bug, ecc was and probaly is an example of ilvl requirement placed wrong
  • deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I don't like ruining the game but here's how you beat spiders. All you need is 3 classes. 1 haste cleric. And 2 op tank bubble paladins. And anyone else who needs to complete spiders

Look up the unstoppable paladin build on paladin builds. It's broken. Maybe if enough people run this **** it will make the dev's stand up and remove it from the game
  • urapnus2urapnus2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2015

I don't like ruining the game but here's how you beat spiders. All you need is 3 classes. 1 haste cleric. And 2 op tank bubble paladins. And anyone else who needs to complete spiders

Look up the unstoppable paladin build on paladin builds. It's broken. Maybe if enough people run this **** it will make the dev's stand up and remove it from the game

#1 - Anyone that must use that tactic shouldn't even be there. Almost as bad as the Cragmire glitchers.

#2 - We couldn't get that lucky.

• deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    > @deanblockley89 said:
    > I don't like ruining the game but here's how you beat spiders. All you need is 3 classes. 1 haste cleric. And 2 op tank bubble paladins. And anyone else who needs to complete spiders
    >
    > Look up the unstoppable paladin build on paladin builds. It's broken. Maybe if enough people run this **** it will make the dev's stand up and remove it from the game

AWE, looks like someone is upset that they can't beat a dungeon. So what does this someone do? They come on here and cry that a certain class configuration is broken.

Is using 2 pallies and a DC a glitch...NO. Is it and cheat...NO. Is it a game mechanic that helps run any dudgeon quickly and efficiently...YES.

Instead of crying, why not form a group with those classes and then actually go BEAT a dungeon.
  • deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I agree. My build warlock I feel is made for these boss fights yet seems only groups that even attempt the dungeons are either glitching cc boss or using the overpowered double bubble pally build to walk (literally) through the dungeon. Closest I got was killing both first 2 bosses legit no pulling on crypts before wiping at the end boss legit and inevitably glitching it
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    All of the dungeons could be beaten without an Oathbound Paladin on PC before the difficulty nerf and therefore they can also be beaten on xbox without an Oathbound Paladin. It does require the group to actually think, unlike when playing with a paladin, but is that really a downside?
  • boatmanfall3nboatmanfall3n Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Prot pallies have become a giant crutch for xbox. Everyone wants double bubble duo with a haste cleric to make the content easy as possible.

And as the madness continues, skill level steadily falls...

I run all dungeons/skirmishes with 4 dps and myself healing with no issues. It isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Pull smart, don't turn your back to mobs, stay of of red, use cc, pay attention to enemy animations, easy day.
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    I have only run 1 PUG where there was the 2 pally & DC combo, so that is def not the norm in dungeons/skirms. I run about 8 dungeons a day, and since the 2 pally/DC has been a "thing" I have only seen it once.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Prot pallies have become a giant crutch for xbox. Everyone wants double bubble duo with a haste cleric to make the content easy as possible.

I second that. All I see when I queue up for eCC is people joining and leaving in search of either an easy group composition or hoping to join just for the boss fight. So the PUG ends up having no DCs or OPs and has to run the dungeon the hard way (think of 30+ injury kits).
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    We run without a OP 90% of the time nada problemo. GF is still legit for running 4 DPS even w/o KV on. Now GF, OP (x2) and haste healer FTW.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • whuchakawhuchaka Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    This is not if you use a hunter/rogue/gwf(with prone personal power)/control wizard and have them 100% of time on adds.
    Tank tanks her facing throne everyone else stacks on door. Red laser tank runs behind her and lets her get hit by it or he blocks it for 100% action points. Green laser, anyone can tank it but usually let tank get smacked in the buttocks. It hits maybe 9k or so.
    Avoid red and burn adds whenever you can no need to rush the fight no bosses have enrage timers.
    If you look at my gamertag @whuchaka you can see multiple dvrs of me doing this 4-5 days after mod 6 release at 2500 item level. But I recommend a hunter in group for the dodges, two hunters running daze and adds are almost nonexistent.
  • whuchakawhuchaka Member Posts: 78 Arc User

And as the madness continues, skill level steadily falls...

I run all dungeons/skirmishes with 4 dps and myself healing with no issues. It isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Pull smart, don't turn your back to mobs, stay of of red, use cc, pay attention to enemy animations, easy day.

Shhhh your speaking of exploits you can get in trouble for that sir! Unintended bug abuse is exploitation.