What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Companions

Comments

• Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I feel like this is a poor change that makes some classes absolutely unkillable and creates even a bigger cap between haves and have-nots, which is something takes pvp even further away from being skill-based. I was sure this was no accident, because it runs too reminiscent of other ninja changes and nerfs (for example, Dragon's Hoard Enchantments) and because now people are rushing to buy more companions.

I wish companions were at least account-bound, but with business practises such as this, I know that will never happen.

Edit: Or have at least some mode where companion active bonuses don't apply. Domi or GG.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User

Now all the maxed players with R12 now with Legendary pets VS casual players with pets from event or free stuff Lol
    ALL BIS players getting a BOOst to STOMP all the new/casual players to the Ground.

How long will a casual player keep playing, what do u think?
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Don't worry MOST of BiS PvP players stopped playing already. They either sold their accounts or just stopped coming online.

90% of the best PvP guilds in this game are dead. PvP is DEAD.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    So i've heard from a guy in-game that devs stated it's WAI...
    I'm a bit speechless.
    So, to sum it up:

Mod 1-2, to be BiS you needed rank 10s, perfects, epic mount and armor, 1-2 sets of boons.

Mod 3, to be BiS you needed rank 10s, perfects, overloads, epic mount and armor empowered with BI, 3 sets of boons.

Mod 4-5 to be BiS you need BiS enchants, perfects, overloads, legendary mount, armor empowered with BI, personalized rings, legendary artifacts, and later artifact equipment = weapon set+ belt-neck set, 4 sets of boons, last one quite expensive.

MoD 6 to be BiS you need rank 12s, Trascends, overloads, armor both reinforced and empowered to elemental, new shining legendary mount with stat bonus, personalized rings, Legendary weapon set, Mythic artifacts (4 or 1+3 legendaries), Artifact-belt-neck set, 4 sets of boons+2 upgrades both quite expensive.

SH you need rank 12s, Trascends, new SH overloads, new armor both reinforced and empowered to elemental, legendary mount with special effect bonus, personalized rings or SH rings, Legendary new weapon set, Mythic artifacts (see above), artifact belt-neck set and da-da-da-daaan... set of powerful companions with PvP active bonuses, legendary level upgrade might be useful, 4 sets of boons+ 2 expensive upgrades+ SH guild-boons.

Wonder what comes next.

Sounds like a tombstone for PvP. It was already hard to try and keep up with current level of power creep. Now with what will come with BiS companions and extra active slots...

• Options

A resume of the conversation up to now:
    Companions active bonuses aplly from now on to pvp.With out an announcement.
    Dom contesting changed.With out an announcement.

Same people that say "Woaou dom contesting was great!!" now condemn.Which classes these people play?
    TR,Hr,Cw .
    Contesting change suits them since are fast moving dps.

Active companions in pvp:Which classes hurts the most?TRs Cws HRs.
    Cause their slow adversaries can now root them.So now certain magical class can no longer bunny jumping like Bugs Bunny ad infitum.Cockatrice will take care for that.

And now these people complain.But ok,Negation is WAI cause a certain class is saying all the time "we are too squishy".

two standards .Whatever suit our class is WAi.What not, "This is the end of the pvp !!catastrophe!!!!"

And a last word about the cost.
    Coickatrice was dropping like crazy in Winter festival.Pig was almost free in summer festival.The only thing you had to do was to give 1 minute of your time every day to speak to the elf there.After 16 days you had enough event coins to buy the pig.

Companions are now useless.This change gives them purpose.Some balancing ias in order (Sylph etc) but otherwise i don't see the catastrophe many announce.

It's more stuff needed. More stuff that if you don't have it, makes a huge difference in PvP. So players must wait 1 year till next summer festival for a pig? And in the meanwhile? hundred of thousands of AD in AH.
    What about other, more expensive companions? And companion upgrades? Zen shop extra active slot for companions= more active bonuses in PvP?
    In PvE nobody cares, we all play in the same team. In PvP, it makes a huge difference.
    There will be overperforming sets of bonuses just like there are overperforming enchants and artifact sets now. And those companions will cost milions of AD only few players will be able to afford.
    Just like current T.Fey and T.Neg and eLoL set mark the difference in PvP between the ones using them and the ones who don't use them, in the future you can see the same between players with certain companions/ higher rank companions, and players without them.

It's true that companions this way get more useful, but at the same time it can potentially break PvP even more, to a point where normal players will not bear with it anymore...
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    pando83 said:

A resume of the conversation up to now:
    Companions active bonuses aplly from now on to pvp.With out an announcement.
    Dom contesting changed.With out an announcement.

Same people that say "Woaou dom contesting was great!!" now condemn.Which classes these people play?
    TR,Hr,Cw .
    Contesting change suits them since are fast moving dps.

Active companions in pvp:Which classes hurts the most?TRs Cws HRs.
    Cause their slow adversaries can now root them.So now certain magical class can no longer bunny jumping like Bugs Bunny ad infitum.Cockatrice will take care for that.

And now these people complain.But ok,Negation is WAI cause a certain class is saying all the time "we are too squishy".

two standards .Whatever suit our class is WAi.What not, "This is the end of the pvp !!catastrophe!!!!"

And a last word about the cost.
    Coickatrice was dropping like crazy in Winter festival.Pig was almost free in summer festival.The only thing you had to do was to give 1 minute of your time every day to speak to the elf there.After 16 days you had enough event coins to buy the pig.

Companions are now useless.This change gives them purpose.Some balancing ias in order (Sylph etc) but otherwise i don't see the catastrophe many announce.

It's more stuff needed. More stuff that if you don't have it, makes a huge difference in PvP. So players must wait 1 year till next summer festival for a pig? And in the meanwhile? hundred of thousands of AD in AH.
    What about other, more expensive companions? And companion upgrades? Zen shop extra active slot for companions= more active bonuses in PvP?
    In PvE nobody cares, we all play in the same team. In PvP, it makes a huge difference.
    There will be overperforming sets of bonuses just like there are overperforming enchants and artifact sets now. And those companions will cost milions of AD only few players will be able to afford.
    Just like current T.Fey and T.Neg and eLoL set mark the difference in PvP between the ones using them and the ones who don't use them, in the future you can see the same between players with certain companions/ higher rank companions, and players without them.

It's true that companions this way get more useful, but at the same time it can potentially break PvP even more, to a point where normal players will not bear with it anymore...
    this BS will not work, I resigned and di not step into PVP some weeks now, its dead nothing else
    can´t say what PVP guilds are searching for in this game, theres nothing, no goal, only PUG stomping and abuse the hardest broken mechanics
    I downloaded an old mmorpg i played few years ago, it s cheaper you get support and I had most fun all times, the best , my old characters are alive and can be reacitvated
    byby craptic
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Mistake, after mistake, after mistake. I'm not sure which is worse, these new 'developments' that Craptics err ...cryptic forces down our throats without warning, or the fact that I'm still playing despite getting angrier and angrier.

'Working as intended for now?'. Holy baby Jesus. This is phenomenally lame. I'm certain it's to milk AD and sell their 'packs' that are conveniently on discount this weekend. Then once people have bought them - boom, no more active companions.

What a joke.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The True Question is why casual players that plays 1 hour not every day and dont wanna spend money in game always want to be in equality with hardcore players that spend many hours daily and hundred/thousand dollars ? And complain for every thing cryptic do to gain money ? U dont want Lag ? Cryptic needs money to improve servers. Want more content? It cost money too. Or u work for free?
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    vordayn said:

Mistake, after mistake, after mistake. I'm not sure which is worse, these new 'developments' that Craptics err ...cryptic forces down our throats without warning, or the fact that I'm still playing despite getting angrier and angrier.

'Working as intended for now?'. Holy baby Jesus. This is phenomenally lame. I'm certain it's to milk AD and sell their 'packs' that are conveniently on discount this weekend. Then once people have bought them - boom, no more active companions.

What a joke.

I know it can be sometimes easy to have feelings like anger creep in but do what I do, just laugh at the joke of what the game has become and enjoy the fun in that. Every day, often multiple times a play, there is something new of this same sort that I discover and it is good for a laugh.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Yeah, game is only a huge money cow for them now, trying deperately every method to milk cash from it, no matter the consequences.

They know that this game is dead in one year anyway, so they can just mess with everything trying to max their profits until the end.

Their ZEN sale has to be decreasing HUGE, thats the reason why they pull these scammy stuff off. Nobody who has a sane mind and visits the forum or has informed himself will ever spend money on this or another PWE game. So they try hard to milk the helplessly dedicated players who are left and still have hope.

How wonderful sadistic of them :-D
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I actually like it because I can finally hurt rogues when they hit me :)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    cesuke said:

The True Question is why casual players that plays 1 hour not every day and dont wanna spend money in game always want to be in equality with hardcore players that spend many hours daily and hundred/thousand dollars ? And complain for every thing cryptic do to gain money ? U dont want Lag ? Cryptic needs money to improve servers. Want more content? It cost money too. Or u work for free?

Cesuke i usually ignore the nonsense stuff you write, but this time will try to see if you can understand what i'll say to you:

1) The business model was their choice. They were not forced to make it F2P with cash shop. Try to ask yourself why instead this model of business is so popular nowadays.
    2) Guild Wars 2 is F2P, no monthly fee, but they can run large scale wars with no lag. That's a lame excuse.
    3) We're not talking about the difference between a casual and a BiS, but the difference between a dedicated "normal" player and a paying customer or a no-lifer.
    Also talking about the difference between a new player and an old player.

What we have now is not "some advantage" a BiS/ paying/ dedicated player can achieve. We're talking about 2 different worlds, whith a gap between a regular dedicated/ geared player and a "BiS" player that now is so wide it makes no sense at all. There's a huge wall separating regular players and BiS players.

While we have this situation, BiS players are also matched up against regular players. Now, if BiS players were matched up vs other BiS geared players, no problem. But that's not the case.

What you are saying is that players who pay more or play "hardcore", or both, must be given such higher power (current BiS status) compared to a "regular" geared lvl 70 player, that allows them to easily destroy the regular players.
    So a player reach lvl 70, gets all boons, gets a good level of gear, say 3k iLvL, but in the end when facing another lvl 70 player "BiS" geared, he stands no chance at all. To stand a chance, must climb a gargantuan wall that keeps growing higher and higher.

So if you like unfair, P2W PvP environment where the gap between BiS and non-BiS grows larger and larger, with less and less room for skills, it's fine, but remember that once "regular players" stop going PvP, all those "BiS" PvPers will end up with nothing else but premades to play. Dead domination, dead GG, dead SH siege. Dead PvP.

So in the end you can keep making PvP more and more P2W and skill-less, make the wall between BiS and non-BiS higher and higher. The result is that the PvP population will keep decreasing to a point where Cesuke will have no more "regulars" to stomp with his BiS expensive equipment, but will end up facing Icydrake and other BiS veterans who will humiliate him.

When you 1v1ed Icy and got humiliated i was online reading your complaints about:

- awww you have T.Fey...
    - awww you have T.Neg...
    - awww Lionsmane armor...
    - awww you've a collection of broken equipment

now you come here saying "how can regulars expect to be on same levels of hardcore players". Well, being an hardcore PvPer, BiS geared, means you go for the cool toys to compete at the top.

Next time i'll hear you write "awww that set of broken active bonuses", in addition to the above complaints, i will copy/ paste your post above.

• Options

Yeah, game is only a huge money cow for them now, trying deperately every method to milk cash from it, no matter the consequences.

They know that this game is dead in one year anyway, so they can just mess with everything trying to max their profits until the end.

Their ZEN sale has to be decreasing HUGE, thats the reason why they pull these scammy stuff off. Nobody who has a sane mind and visits the forum or has informed himself will ever spend money on this or another PWE game. So they try hard to milk the helplessly dedicated players who are left and still have hope.

How wonderful sadistic of them :-D

They noticed that competitive PvP is the biggest force that can "drive" players into spending money on the game.
    So they basically make the wall to get BiS higher and higher. This way BiS players must increase their effort to stay BiS, and competitive PvPers who are trying to get there should, in their opinion, get frustrated and spend money to "fill the gap", climbing this King Kong wall they built between BiS PvPers and non-BiS.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    The hidden truth and their latent failure is that BiS pvp players have stopped to spend money on this game LONG AGO!

I shoot myself in the foot with this comment, but truth is truth: BiS people are not buying ZEN with real cash. Maybe they have spend some money in the past before it became obvious what a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> grind- and bugfest this game is.
    But now, they either try to f2p or they spend real cash on gold sellers, because becoming BiS is like 3-4 times cheaper with goldseller AD and RP than with real cash ZEN store.

Just imagine leveling your arti equip with blood rubies from the ZEN store…think about it… yeah, exactly. Nobody from the longterm players are ever spending real cash on this game. Rightfully so. Scam after scam after scam.

So Cryptic grows desperate in squeezing money from whereever they can. Trust me, I believe even many devs are super frustrated about these money grab decesions that are made. But what can they do?

Its like witnessing your boss ruining the firm your are working at. Incompetence paired with arrogance lead to thise situations.

Welcome to the perfect world (Entertainment)
  • Options
    @pando83 how old are u ? U read before write ? I never complain... Just dont understand why ppl complain... icyfish owned me with broken stuff (Neg/Fey) including ap drain overloads when i had no overloads equipped... Is ok he owned me i never negate that i accept it he have my respect for that... (U dont), anyways i didnt complain about that. Just told something like "why u cry about something u say is broken if u use broken stuff". And the F2P model is about u can get all in game content that is True there are not restricted áreas or equipment. Now the casual players want to have it at the same period of time of a no-life zen buyer? That hav no sense. And most ppl complain about anything !!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    You did't write that, it's in the quote. You wrote, exactly:
    cesuke said:

Lot me explain so you can understand. Each change they do, milions of AD / months of gameplay are added to get to BiS level in PvP. You got perfect enchants? Now you need legendary artifacts too. And not the cheap ones, the overperforming ones that cost milions of AD. You got legendary artifacts? Now you need legendary artifact weapon set. You got legendary artifact weapon set? Add legendary artifact belt and necklace. Milions of refining points- AD each. Look, now you need some new overperforming enchant or set sold in AH for 10 milions. Cause you know, we make sure some enchant outperform the others by far, so now it's 10 milions for a T. Fey or lose. Now, please overperforming companion bonus combos that will obviously stay behind a huge wall.

Think about BiS pvp level as a wall. You climb it. Paying or playing more, you climb faster. But what happens if i keep making the wall taller and taller at a speed / amount each time, so high that it prevents regular players from reaching the top?

It's not about taking more time anymore. They progressively made it so you can't max out without paying or being already a rich player. Playing the game as intended right now means it takes you so long to max out that the power creep beats you.

Hope you understand this time.

Oh yeah and about the broken stuff: you can use the same gear icy uses. And dodge his hits. He, instead, can't piercing SE you, or dodge your SE, or mitigate.
    You're talking about things on a different level and honestly, your defense of the undodgeable SE on gwfs/ sws is kinda funny, expecially when you try to say that a TR is weak in PvP and needs that broken mechanic.

Won't waste more time with you. It's disturbingly pointless.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/profile/strumslinger

5th comment from top.

REMOVE COMPANIONS.
  • Options
    Why not remove enchants too ?

This is a MMORpg not a Moba.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    cesuke said:

Why not remove enchants too ?

This is a MMORpg not a Moba.

in all honesty i think you somehow acquired too much gear in too short time and your opinions are obfuscate by the desire to acquire even more for the sake of pure acquiring.

companions have to go.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    U know how long i am in game ? Or what gear i have ? I even have u in my friends or even meet u in game ?. What make me sick is Forum full of rants and complains. U the most ppl just talk about ur point of view u think the company dont make analysis before making changes ? U are the ones who speak the without a full view. Think what you say: "I dont have that so it may be removed for PVP". And the real problem of PVP are not BIS players are the BIS gangs.
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    As I know in my guild, very few people have played SH PVP, although it is a new content. They claimed the active companion works as intended now. What a bad decision. You devs want to bring a new experience different from domination pvp with nobody play it.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    This is great news, although dubiously late for a variety of reasons. I don't mind active bonus's in SH, it's not like I would ever be able to tell the difference between a cockatrice bonus's root and the normal paralyzing lag anyways. If you can't even tell you've died until 10 seconds after the fact who cares what killed you?

• Options
    Well is sad to know dev team listen rants. I would like this to continúe since it adds diversity to the builds. Since we have only 2 kind of armors per tire and only some enchants are viable in PVP... But i dont care a lot. And anyways the crybabys will keep ranting and complaining.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    cesuke said:

U know how long i am in game ? Or what gear i have ? I even have u in my friends or even meet u in game ?. What make me sick is Forum full of rants and complains. U the most ppl just talk about ur point of view u think the company dont make analysis before making changes ? U are the ones who speak the without a full view. Think what you say: "I dont have that so it may be removed for PVP". And the real problem of PVP are not BIS players are the BIS gangs.

This game did not just start, we had over 2 years of companions doing nothing in PVP and liked it. No one ever came here and posted a thread requesting that companion be allowed in PVP. You want everyone else to accept what was a huge change from a long standing policy that apparently wasn't even intentional because it benefits you.
  • Options
    I dont want nothing just feel sick of how forum is full of ppl complaining and ranting of whatever. Companions active on PVP ? Great !! U will take it out ? Great too !!

Just is sad and not only for the game this happens everywhere.
  • Options
    Yes awesome news! But I'm guessing someone got their money from companions and now they can be removed ^.^

Still great news, thanks!
  • Options
    argroschargrosch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    kreatyve said:
    Well, this is a very poor try too explain why companions have to stay in SH-PvP.
    SH-PvP is a different experience because of the different System (it´s not Just capping some points like Dom.-, GG- and IWD-PvP) and not because of companions which make the "experience" just worse (and balancing is already bad enough without companions...)

RIP Foundry

• Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Active bonus just for SH-Pvp it's fine,
    it support that large map with many enemies.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●