test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rage of Demons Backstory

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
Let's take a deeper look at the backstory of Neverwinter: Underdark with our newest developer blog.

FAIR WARNING: There are some spoilers for the Rage of Demons storyline, so tread lightly.
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Love the new enemy models. I was fearing wer would get recycled enemies with a different palette.
    Can't wait to see some actual screenshots from the new zones :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yeah. Bring in a new mod, to distact us from the problems they have yet to fix on Strongholds, not to mention the rest of the game. Then there will be the problems that show up in the new mod makeing it even worse then it is now. Nothing is fixed, game play is a mess. Not really looking forword to it.
    Post edited by strous1 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    khaymanbbkhaymanbb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    I wonder if they'll revamp current areas and make them new content lol. Seriously though, I cannot wait for this to come out. I can only imagine Demon Skin armor, demon gear. I'm freaking amped.
  • Options
    sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    We get these in the foundry right?
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    *slow ironic clapping*
    Oh...joy...another layer of content (bugs) to help with the current content (bugs). We truly, truly despair of this team ever "getting it" ;/

2 words: expeditious and timeliness.

One should try to be EXPEDITIOUS in fixing on going problems, and until such is addressed, be TIMELY in not announcing other things for distractions from doing so.

3rd word:
    Priority
    Make fixing problems a PRIORITY, EXPEDITIOUSLY solving them in TIMELY fashion.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Ooh negativity is in full flight today.

Personally I'm pretty excited about this, I'm actually more excited by this than the pen and paper version of the campaign.

Given the "like Tyranny of Dragons" comment I'm hoping this means its added small areas "underneath" existing content; so an Underdark link to the Chasm or Cloak Tower for example, and not just discrete new areas like with Elemental Evil.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    So super excited. I love the Underdark so much and I am especially stoked that R.A. Salvatore has a direct hand in the story/lore and more. Can't wait for more info!
  • Options
    amnesialemonamnesialemon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can't wait! :D
    <3
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

Ooh negativity is in full flight today. . . .

Can you blame people for remembering how poorly Mod 6 was received and wonder if any lessons were learned from that? This games history is not exactly a shining beacon on how to successfully release new content.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    A backstory will only be noticed, if it's reflected directly into the gameplay through quests, dungeons or skirmishes.
    I highly doubt, that many players will stop to smell the flowers... erm, i mean take the time to read the sparkling lore items in game.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    With all of those demonic big-wigs coming up, one name is conspicuously absent: what's Lolth doing while the boys are playing in the Underdark?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015

regenerde said:

A backstory will only be noticed, if it's reflected directly into the gameplay through quests, dungeons or skirmishes.
    I highly doubt, that many players will stop to smell the flowers... erm, i mean take the time to read the sparkling lore items in game.

I do!
    Indeed, I read every bit of dialog, lore, descriptions, and story in the game. It is one of my most favorite aspects, especially because it is extremely precise, well written, fun to read, and even considered cannon by Ed Greenwood.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    It would be interesting to see a counter on a lore item, something like:
    "This has been examined by [number] heros"
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!