test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Artifacts] One Stone to refine them all!

2»

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

The main issue is the bonus RPs each type gives when using it in the right equipment. You would lose that and would end up losing a lot of RPs.

Cheap r5/r4 stacks mean that you should be using all of your stones on artifact equipment anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    No, I'm fine with current system, I like to deal with multiple currencies!
    Zerg's recommendations were intended to be in addition to the existing system though, mostly due to considerations of monetization and game momentum
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Didn't vote your poll since you only offered 2 options when I desire another option. I don't want "1 stone to rule them" but I want them to bring back the good ol' days of simple refining. I agree there is WAY to much HAMSTER to gather to refine and WAY ro much stuff taking up bag space......

MOST especially, because when they emplimented the whole RP point system it was to "simplify refining and cut down on back space". Can anyone say it simpler or take less space?

In case you weren't in game during old system or don't remember.
    Old way: Get 4 like "type" stones (savage,blue,gold etc.) of same lvl, click the refine interface, cross your fingers, w/success voila! a next lvl up stone of that type. So combine 4 L4 stones get a L5. No RP points, no res stones, power stones no MoP, no unity stones, no lesser, greater, epic, ad infinatum...Just 4/1 for upgrade and if you didn't like low odds of high stones then pres. ward or coal. That's it. Ea level stacked because there was no RP value. The only bag slots you needed was type to type/ lvl to lvl and possible pres/coal. So all your L5 azure stones stacked, all your L4 luminecent stacked.

Far, far less space for the old way of refining, far, far less confusing and materials needed to upgrade. totally stacking items, not a 100x L5 with varied amounts of RP points in them.

Now they have even made it worse (and I actually see ignorant players suggesting it, not aware of the problem magnification of it) "bound" and "not bound" refining resources to "fight" exploits...good GOD! That just doubled the bag space needed by 2x alone!

Count me as one longing for the "good ol' days" of the "old" refining system, scrap all that HAMSTER and actually go simple again! If you did go back to the old system, but with the res/power/etc "RP" still in, you could actually cut down on the drop rates, give back the "resource" nodes back to actual resources, that alone would take out 95% of the incentive of botters to loot nodes. If they did this one thing, Ghost stories etc. be exploited would sort it's self out in short order.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Yes, I would like to let Resonance Stones be the only RP currency for Artifacts because current system is slowing/stressing me down/out!

Yes, but why the Resonance Stones? Why not the Peridots, Aquamrines, ecc? The latter seem to be more generalist and fit better with the setting. They are already non-specific as well. Then the amount of RP they give could be rebalanced around the change of course.

Because Resonance Stones are divided by strenght. Peridots, Acquamarines, Pearls make confusion for a lot of people. Resonance are just Common/Uncommon/Rare, etc. like equipment. Too much confusion in this game, things should be kept simple and clear. There are already so many variables to care of.
    Peridots Acquarmines ecc are divided by strength too, they have a color Common/Uncommon/Rare just like equipment as well and the number of RP they give is clearly stated in the tooltip.
    Where is the confusion?
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    My "confusion" isn't that I can't read, nor that I don't understand what stone goes were and which is more effective than the next. My "confusion" is in the plethora of just what you need to lvl x>y.

To lvl an enchant/rune you need L1-3 lesser mark and the RP from lower stones/items, then you need a whole other mark for L3-4 and the RP from various sources, then from 4-6 you need another type(s) of marks and multiples, then 7+ even more and varied marks etc. all RP from various sources, then to get the RP you got stones, type stones (union etc.), semi precious gems (peridot etc.) and even different RP values if you use enchants/runes to get the RP, you use the same color it's more RP other colors less.

That's not confusing and bag intensive enough, let's add artifacts! So then you need different marks/stones/ type stones/gems/ RP items and single use type of materials. Oh wait you can use your old enchants/runes too, hmm should I do that? Better get another storage bag....

Ohhh cool, weapon enchants and armor enchants!.....oh wait, we need more bag space because those ALSO need stuff to lvl them, why do I need 4 little ones to make the bigger one?..and why does it say only 1% chance to refine it? Oh..that's the old system 4 of 1 to make 1 of the new!...but why only 1%? That was to what?...make you use coal ward? Oh HAMSTER to the zen store we march....

It's all got tool tips...it's all "logical" (well not really), it's all straight forward (well not really) and it all takes tons of bag space (well, YES REALLY, REALLY!) The whole mess all started out as "simple" and "logical" and "saves bag space". It has morphed into a convoluted mess that is not simple,logical nor does it lower material needs or bag space.
  • Options
    fullmetalwitchfullmetalwitch Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    No, I'm fine with current system, I like to deal with multiple currencies!
    What if you could stack / refine all of your stones into themselves as a bound item ever increasing their potency. Condense each one into itself to one slot per. Over riding the un/bound and account aspect of the item. Just a thought. And look at all that inventory space.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Yes, I would like to let Resonance Stones be the only RP currency for Artifacts because current system is slowing/stressing me down/out!
    I think bags are important but 3/4 of my inventory is literally unbound and bound stuff of the same stuff that I don't use because my artifact isn't stability, in every color there is. If at least there wasn't bound to character, bound to account, and unbound stacks, we're already 3 steps ahead
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread