What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Companions

Comments

• timeforsquishingtimeforsquishing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    Unfortunately, they aint noobs.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    " This get fixed"

im not sure... did they fix the capping system? did they fix shadow of demise?
    im still waiting
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    Cryptic with mod4 and onwards ,in every module introduced ad sinks in order to drain certain player groups of their precious exploited AD.Mod7 now and the same chars that had legendary arti gear in day 4 of mod4 are using rank 10s in utility slots now.
    That is saying to me that the huge AD pool certain pl;ayer groups had ,is running dry.
    I don't play often now but i think that is good for the game.
    The active companions on pvp is another indirect cryptic way to drain the exploited AD of the pvp toons.

And that is a good thing.

My prediction:the active pvp companions will stay untill mod8-mid mod8.At that point most exploiters will get completely AD dry and either will play legit(10 % chance) or leave.
    Game will start anew.
  • tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

" This get fixed"

im not sure... did they fix the capping system? did they fix shadow of demise?
    im still waiting

Capping system is not a bug...its intended. And its actually more fun.

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Remove any companion Bonus from PvP, (DOM/ SH-PvP no matter)
    Companions should Not allowed for any Queue able-Pvp.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    No dev comments yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

No dev comments yet?

Sending to the devs.

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    I would predict the devs aren't as greedy as people might think and we will see a patch note today or next week about removing pet bonus from domniation.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

zeusom said:

I would predict the devs aren't as greedy as people might think and we will see a patch note today or next week about removing pet bonus from domniation.

I kinda trust your words
  • iamnotananimaliamnotananimal Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I honestly think active companion bonuses should always apply in pvp. But then, I have a sylph, rust monster, cockatrice, will o' the wisp and stone of allure, so...
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User

FIX COMPANIPONS IN PVP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is intended for now.

• kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2015

This is intended for now.

I guess we will be seeing sales of Crabs in the zen store skyrocket .... better grab your cockatrice and your pig while you still can (if you can afford the 2million plus for a pig on the AH).

Now the beginning PvPer has even more expenses to worry about ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    zeusom said:

Nope. "Intended for now."

Wow. For how long? Why? Was enabling pet actives in domination an accident, or was it intended all along? The new dev team is doing a much better job on the whole but this is yet another bizarre sudden and major change to pvp domination without communication from them. No patch note. No explanation. No communication. This erodes trust.

First the ninja patched node capping change. Still NO communication, acknowledgement, or patch note, or anecdotal mention of this change, from anyone in the entire team, to this day, months later. Thus a change as major as making football goals suddenly reduced to half size, but no official ever mentions it. Bizarre.

What pet actives in domination/gg looks like to the (remaining) community is one of three things: (a) A coding mistake intended for strongholds only that the devs have now decided to keep for awhile realizing that it increases Zen pet sales and upgrades sinks AD among rich players (b) A devious and very intentional change designed to sink more ADs from the more wealthy players desperate to obtain the new botm bis or (c) ???????? No frickin clue because they are not communicating about such major changes to pvp!.

All that said, playing with pet actives in pvp is kind of fun other than the excessive roots. Really expands build options and the number of toolbox things to play around with.

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

.... it makes sense, once they allow paladins to pvp why not companions too?
    we cant be joke selective...
    see ya if and when
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Anyone else reading the "This is intended for now" quote as "Uhm, we don't how they became active in PVP and don't know how to stop it yet"? lol
    They probably had no idea about this bug... Strum told them and Dev's were like "Oh,companion's active bonus work on PvP? That means more money for us...ok let's tell them it's intended, just so they don't know we want more money plus we have no damn idea how to fix this bug".

Have fun.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Anyone have any numbers on the blacksmith..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    A resume of the conversation up to now:
    Companions active bonuses aplly from now on to pvp.With out an announcement.
    Dom contesting changed.With out an announcement.

Same people that say "Woaou dom contesting was great!!" now condemn.Which classes these people play?
    TR,Hr,Cw .
    Contesting change suits them since are fast moving dps.

Active companions in pvp:Which classes hurts the most?TRs Cws HRs.
    Cause their slow adversaries can now root them.So now certain magical class can no longer bunny jumping like Bugs Bunny ad infitum.Cockatrice will take care for that.

And now these people complain.But ok,Negation is WAI cause a certain class is saying all the time "we are too squishy".

two standards .Whatever suit our class is WAi.What not, "This is the end of the pvp !!catastrophe!!!!"

And a last word about the cost.
    Coickatrice was dropping like crazy in Winter festival.Pig was almost free in summer festival.The only thing you had to do was to give 1 minute of your time every day to speak to the elf there.After 16 days you had enough event coins to buy the pig.

Companions are now useless.This change gives them purpose.Some balancing ias in order (Sylph etc) but otherwise i don't see the catastrophe many announce.

Same people that say "Woaou dom contesting was great!!" now condemn.Which classes these people play?
    TR,Hr,Cw .

Cause their slow adversaries can now root them.So now certain magical class can no longer bunny jumping like Bugs Bunny ad infitum.Cockatrice will take care for that.

And now these people complain.But ok,Negation is WAI cause a certain class is saying all the time "we are too squishy".

two standards .Whatever suit our class is WAi.What not, "This is the end of the pvp !!catastrophe!!!!"

Coickatrice was dropping like crazy in Winter festival.Pig was almost free in summer festival.The only thing you had to do was to give 1 minute of your time every day to speak to the elf there.After 16 days you had enough event coins to buy the pig.

Companions are now useless.This change gives them purpose.Some balancing ias in order (Sylph etc) but otherwise i don't see the catastrophe many announce.

do you think i have any problem to spend 10M + in companions?
    no. whats wrong is just wrong.
    it may no be a catastrophe for you but from today on pvp will have one player less in its pool.
    tomorrow maybe two. have fun.
    from now on complaining about class balance is pointless, there is no more a reference to say what wrong and what not not with companions active. Btw this is just another cash grap i wont fall for
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I feel like this is a poor change that makes some classes absolutely unkillable and creates even a bigger cap between haves and have-nots, which is something takes pvp even further away from being skill-based. I was sure this was no accident, because it runs too reminiscent of other ninja changes and nerfs (for example, Dragon's Hoard Enchantments) and because now people are rushing to buy more companions.

I wish companions were at least account-bound, but with business practises such as this, I know that will never happen.

Edit: Or have at least some mode where companion active bonuses don't apply. Domi or GG.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User

Now all the maxed players with R12 now with Legendary pets VS casual players with pets from event or free stuff Lol
    ALL BIS players getting a BOOst to STOMP all the new/casual players to the Ground.

How long will a casual player keep playing, what do u think?
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    Don't worry MOST of BiS PvP players stopped playing already. They either sold their accounts or just stopped coming online.

90% of the best PvP guilds in this game are dead. PvP is DEAD.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    So i've heard from a guy in-game that devs stated it's WAI...
    I'm a bit speechless.
    So, to sum it up:

Mod 1-2, to be BiS you needed rank 10s, perfects, epic mount and armor, 1-2 sets of boons.

Mod 3, to be BiS you needed rank 10s, perfects, overloads, epic mount and armor empowered with BI, 3 sets of boons.

Mod 4-5 to be BiS you need BiS enchants, perfects, overloads, legendary mount, armor empowered with BI, personalized rings, legendary artifacts, and later artifact equipment = weapon set+ belt-neck set, 4 sets of boons, last one quite expensive.

MoD 6 to be BiS you need rank 12s, Trascends, overloads, armor both reinforced and empowered to elemental, new shining legendary mount with stat bonus, personalized rings, Legendary weapon set, Mythic artifacts (4 or 1+3 legendaries), Artifact-belt-neck set, 4 sets of boons+2 upgrades both quite expensive.

SH you need rank 12s, Trascends, new SH overloads, new armor both reinforced and empowered to elemental, legendary mount with special effect bonus, personalized rings or SH rings, Legendary new weapon set, Mythic artifacts (see above), artifact belt-neck set and da-da-da-daaan... set of powerful companions with PvP active bonuses, legendary level upgrade might be useful, 4 sets of boons+ 2 expensive upgrades+ SH guild-boons.

Wonder what comes next.

Sounds like a tombstone for PvP. It was already hard to try and keep up with current level of power creep. Now with what will come with BiS companions and extra active slots...

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User

TR,Hr,Cw .

It's more stuff needed. More stuff that if you don't have it, makes a huge difference in PvP. So players must wait 1 year till next summer festival for a pig? And in the meanwhile? hundred of thousands of AD in AH.
    What about other, more expensive companions? And companion upgrades? Zen shop extra active slot for companions= more active bonuses in PvP?
    In PvE nobody cares, we all play in the same team. In PvP, it makes a huge difference.
    There will be overperforming sets of bonuses just like there are overperforming enchants and artifact sets now. And those companions will cost milions of AD only few players will be able to afford.
    Just like current T.Fey and T.Neg and eLoL set mark the difference in PvP between the ones using them and the ones who don't use them, in the future you can see the same between players with certain companions/ higher rank companions, and players without them.

It's true that companions this way get more useful, but at the same time it can potentially break PvP even more, to a point where normal players will not bear with it anymore...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    pando83 said:

TR,Hr,Cw .

It's more stuff needed. More stuff that if you don't have it, makes a huge difference in PvP. So players must wait 1 year till next summer festival for a pig? And in the meanwhile? hundred of thousands of AD in AH.
    What about other, more expensive companions? And companion upgrades? Zen shop extra active slot for companions= more active bonuses in PvP?
    In PvE nobody cares, we all play in the same team. In PvP, it makes a huge difference.
    There will be overperforming sets of bonuses just like there are overperforming enchants and artifact sets now. And those companions will cost milions of AD only few players will be able to afford.
    Just like current T.Fey and T.Neg and eLoL set mark the difference in PvP between the ones using them and the ones who don't use them, in the future you can see the same between players with certain companions/ higher rank companions, and players without them.

It's true that companions this way get more useful, but at the same time it can potentially break PvP even more, to a point where normal players will not bear with it anymore...
    this BS will not work, I resigned and di not step into PVP some weeks now, its dead nothing else
    can´t say what PVP guilds are searching for in this game, theres nothing, no goal, only PUG stomping and abuse the hardest broken mechanics
    I downloaded an old mmorpg i played few years ago, it s cheaper you get support and I had most fun all times, the best , my old characters are alive and can be reacitvated
    byby craptic
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Mistake, after mistake, after mistake. I'm not sure which is worse, these new 'developments' that Craptics err ...cryptic forces down our throats without warning, or the fact that I'm still playing despite getting angrier and angrier.

'Working as intended for now?'. Holy baby Jesus. This is phenomenally lame. I'm certain it's to milk AD and sell their 'packs' that are conveniently on discount this weekend. Then once people have bought them - boom, no more active companions.

What a joke.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The True Question is why casual players that plays 1 hour not every day and dont wanna spend money in game always want to be in equality with hardcore players that spend many hours daily and hundred/thousand dollars ? And complain for every thing cryptic do to gain money ? U dont want Lag ? Cryptic needs money to improve servers. Want more content? It cost money too. Or u work for free?
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    vordayn said:

Mistake, after mistake, after mistake. I'm not sure which is worse, these new 'developments' that Craptics err ...cryptic forces down our throats without warning, or the fact that I'm still playing despite getting angrier and angrier.

'Working as intended for now?'. Holy baby Jesus. This is phenomenally lame. I'm certain it's to milk AD and sell their 'packs' that are conveniently on discount this weekend. Then once people have bought them - boom, no more active companions.

What a joke.

I know it can be sometimes easy to have feelings like anger creep in but do what I do, just laugh at the joke of what the game has become and enjoy the fun in that. Every day, often multiple times a play, there is something new of this same sort that I discover and it is good for a laugh.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Yeah, game is only a huge money cow for them now, trying deperately every method to milk cash from it, no matter the consequences.

They know that this game is dead in one year anyway, so they can just mess with everything trying to max their profits until the end.

Their ZEN sale has to be decreasing HUGE, thats the reason why they pull these scammy stuff off. Nobody who has a sane mind and visits the forum or has informed himself will ever spend money on this or another PWE game. So they try hard to milk the helplessly dedicated players who are left and still have hope.

How wonderful sadistic of them :-D
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I actually like it because I can finally hurt rogues when they hit me :)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".