test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Companions

Comments

• Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I think is Great otherwise companions are useless.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    Who ever think keeping companions is great is a complete nooblet, the sick combinations of some companions makes pvp even more broke and removes the little skillbased action there is.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Do you realize that TR will probably die a lot faster if companions are effective in PvP?
    Cocktrick locks you down, then you eat a big phat combo from nuke classes......and if you survived... the next 3 second stun probably wont be too far away... so is Pig and others that gives healings and so... your smoke bomb would be healing people instead of dealing damage.... you dont really want that to happen trust me... and there are companions that gives you a lot of CC resist... a lot of the CC classes would have a hard time connecting their combo cus their CC might not last long enough..... oh well the list goes on....
    cesuke said:

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    neoxyphusneoxyphus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Pretty sure this works in GG too...
    Casamir
    3K IL WK Sabo TR
    Trying to suck less @ pvp near you
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    icyphish said:

this bug nerfs TR's

cesuke said:

Great change pls keep.

Lol

People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    timeforsquishingtimeforsquishing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    Sorry I only flipped a pig for 600k. Shoulda waited. Cant believe that people gear for an exploit sure to be fixed.
  • Options
    tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Yeah noobs buy companions they waste 20-30million AD and then what? This get fixed :D
  • Options
    timeforsquishingtimeforsquishing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    Unfortunately, they aint noobs.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    " This get fixed"

im not sure... did they fix the capping system? did they fix shadow of demise?
    im still waiting
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    Cryptic with mod4 and onwards ,in every module introduced ad sinks in order to drain certain player groups of their precious exploited AD.Mod7 now and the same chars that had legendary arti gear in day 4 of mod4 are using rank 10s in utility slots now.
    That is saying to me that the huge AD pool certain pl;ayer groups had ,is running dry.
    I don't play often now but i think that is good for the game.
    The active companions on pvp is another indirect cryptic way to drain the exploited AD of the pvp toons.

And that is a good thing.

My prediction:the active pvp companions will stay untill mod8-mid mod8.At that point most exploiters will get completely AD dry and either will play legit(10 % chance) or leave.
    Game will start anew.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

" This get fixed"

im not sure... did they fix the capping system? did they fix shadow of demise?
    im still waiting

Capping system is not a bug...its intended. And its actually more fun.

• Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Remove any companion Bonus from PvP, (DOM/ SH-PvP no matter)
    Companions should Not allowed for any Queue able-Pvp.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    No dev comments yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options

No dev comments yet?

Sending to the devs.

• Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    I would predict the devs aren't as greedy as people might think and we will see a patch note today or next week about removing pet bonus from domniation.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    zeusom said:

I would predict the devs aren't as greedy as people might think and we will see a patch note today or next week about removing pet bonus from domniation.

I kinda trust your words
  • Options
    iamnotananimaliamnotananimal Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I honestly think active companion bonuses should always apply in pvp. But then, I have a sylph, rust monster, cockatrice, will o' the wisp and stone of allure, so...
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User

FIX COMPANIPONS IN PVP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is intended for now.

• Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2015

This is intended for now.

I guess we will be seeing sales of Crabs in the zen store skyrocket .... better grab your cockatrice and your pig while you still can (if you can afford the 2million plus for a pig on the AH).

Now the beginning PvPer has even more expenses to worry about ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    zeusom said:

Nope. "Intended for now."

Wow. For how long? Why? Was enabling pet actives in domination an accident, or was it intended all along? The new dev team is doing a much better job on the whole but this is yet another bizarre sudden and major change to pvp domination without communication from them. No patch note. No explanation. No communication. This erodes trust.

First the ninja patched node capping change. Still NO communication, acknowledgement, or patch note, or anecdotal mention of this change, from anyone in the entire team, to this day, months later. Thus a change as major as making football goals suddenly reduced to half size, but no official ever mentions it. Bizarre.

What pet actives in domination/gg looks like to the (remaining) community is one of three things: (a) A coding mistake intended for strongholds only that the devs have now decided to keep for awhile realizing that it increases Zen pet sales and upgrades sinks AD among rich players (b) A devious and very intentional change designed to sink more ADs from the more wealthy players desperate to obtain the new botm bis or (c) ???????? No frickin clue because they are not communicating about such major changes to pvp!.

All that said, playing with pet actives in pvp is kind of fun other than the excessive roots. Really expands build options and the number of toolbox things to play around with.

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    .... it makes sense, once they allow paladins to pvp why not companions too?
    we cant be joke selective...
    see ya if and when
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Anyone else reading the "This is intended for now" quote as "Uhm, we don't how they became active in PVP and don't know how to stop it yet"? lol
  • Options
    They probably had no idea about this bug... Strum told them and Dev's were like "Oh,companion's active bonus work on PvP? That means more money for us...ok let's tell them it's intended, just so they don't know we want more money plus we have no damn idea how to fix this bug".

Have fun.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Anyone have any numbers on the blacksmith..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    A resume of the conversation up to now:
    Companions active bonuses aplly from now on to pvp.With out an announcement.
    Dom contesting changed.With out an announcement.

Same people that say "Woaou dom contesting was great!!" now condemn.Which classes these people play?
    TR,Hr,Cw .
    Contesting change suits them since are fast moving dps.

Active companions in pvp:Which classes hurts the most?TRs Cws HRs.
    Cause their slow adversaries can now root them.So now certain magical class can no longer bunny jumping like Bugs Bunny ad infitum.Cockatrice will take care for that.

And now these people complain.But ok,Negation is WAI cause a certain class is saying all the time "we are too squishy".

two standards .Whatever suit our class is WAi.What not, "This is the end of the pvp !!catastrophe!!!!"

And a last word about the cost.
    Coickatrice was dropping like crazy in Winter festival.Pig was almost free in summer festival.The only thing you had to do was to give 1 minute of your time every day to speak to the elf there.After 16 days you had enough event coins to buy the pig.

Companions are now useless.This change gives them purpose.Some balancing ias in order (Sylph etc) but otherwise i don't see the catastrophe many announce.
  • Options

A resume of the conversation up to now:
    Companions active bonuses aplly from now on to pvp.With out an announcement.
    Dom contesting changed.With out an announcement.

Same people that say "Woaou dom contesting was great!!" now condemn.Which classes these people play?
    TR,Hr,Cw .
    Contesting change suits them since are fast moving dps.

Active companions in pvp:Which classes hurts the most?TRs Cws HRs.
    Cause their slow adversaries can now root them.So now certain magical class can no longer bunny jumping like Bugs Bunny ad infitum.Cockatrice will take care for that.

And now these people complain.But ok,Negation is WAI cause a certain class is saying all the time "we are too squishy".

two standards .Whatever suit our class is WAi.What not, "This is the end of the pvp !!catastrophe!!!!"

And a last word about the cost.
    Coickatrice was dropping like crazy in Winter festival.Pig was almost free in summer festival.The only thing you had to do was to give 1 minute of your time every day to speak to the elf there.After 16 days you had enough event coins to buy the pig.

Companions are now useless.This change gives them purpose.Some balancing ias in order (Sylph etc) but otherwise i don't see the catastrophe many announce.

do you think i have any problem to spend 10M + in companions?
    no. whats wrong is just wrong.
    it may no be a catastrophe for you but from today on pvp will have one player less in its pool.
    tomorrow maybe two. have fun.
    from now on complaining about class balance is pointless, there is no more a reference to say what wrong and what not not with companions active. Btw this is just another cash grap i wont fall for