Install Arc
Options

hmm legit?

charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
you tell me

Comments

• Options
    chambermancerchambermancer Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Probably caught in stealth which gives guaranteed crit. Legit? Probably yes. Balanced? Hell no.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    Yes, he has 40% standard critchance + 100% in stealth : )
  • Options
    Further more, this is a large chunk of why TR is so broken. Not just stuff like SE though it is OP in itself, but TRs don't have to stack any crit to get reliable hit rates like every other class, just all power which is why they hit 100k with SE out of stealth, always 100% crit. Even more, their crit rate is still super high because multiple attributes go into their crit. I bet that TR has 5k actual crit stat at most. Other classes would have to get like 8k+ for that kind of crit rate and sacrifice that 3k power to get it.

Really TR gets everything with no trade-offs you should know that by now. They are the favored, coddled class of NW. Now defense: even if they by some miracle put back the 2 second reveal (yeah right) TR is uber on defense for the same kind of reason. Two stats feed into deflect and their base deflect severity is 75%.

TR gets it all bro while classes like SW get table scraps and nothing else.
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    for the love of god leave trs alone already , seriously how many more times will i read whining by other classes oh trs did to me this and tr did to me that?!

the fact of the matter is trs are not op in pvp any more and that's probably the only good thing nw did since m6.

talk about fixing your own broken classes before going crying about trs.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    OMG GWF has so much damage multipliers they dont need to stack power !!

see? it sounds that stupid...
  • Options

Anyone has a valid argument why TR class is favored with 25% more base deflect severity than any other class?

for the same reason some classes have more AC than others
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

OMG GWF has so much damage multipliers they dont need to stack power !!

see? it sounds that stupid...

Ah, cute HR complain about something broken <3
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User

Further more, this is a large chunk of why TR is so broken. Not just stuff like SE though it is OP in itself, but TRs don't have to stack any crit to get reliable hit rates like every other class, just all power which is why they hit 100k with SE out of stealth, always 100% crit. Even more, their crit rate is still super high because multiple attributes go into their crit. I bet that TR has 5k actual crit stat at most. Other classes would have to get like 8k+ for that kind of crit rate and sacrifice that 3k power to get it.

Really TR gets everything with no trade-offs you should know that by now. They are the favored, coddled class of NW. Now defense: even if they by some miracle put back the 2 second reveal (yeah right) TR is uber on defense for the same kind of reason. Two stats feed into deflect and their base deflect severity is 75%.

TR gets it all bro while classes like SW get table scraps and nothing else.

And what you think you see is the exact opposite of the reality. Yes the class is broken from these things, but in a different way of what you think. The base damages of many powers and the overall damage evaluation is judged as if the TR is capable of performing a 100% crit (something they can do with stealth but they cannot always do and outside of crits their damage is severely lackluster). To help you better understand what I mean, imagine if they suddenly gave CW's 100% critical chance all the time, do you think that their base damages would remain what they are now?
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    This is a standard PVP complaint - always has been - TRs are DPS masters - which by default makes them PVP champs, unless opposed by an even better TR or a well schooled team. It all depends on who you play against and with. If the toon you are opposed to is uber maxed by a pay to winner - does it matter if it's a TR, GWF or CW? Dead is dead.

I only participate in domination to try for the conq. shards for stronghold. I leave it otherwise to the pay to winners. If you want to dominate in PVP, pony up the $$ - it's the only way you will succeed...unless you have months (literally) of free time to kill grinding.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    16k Movement is more curious than 140% crit rate for me.
  • Options

Lol rayrdan comparing deflect severity with AC ... no VALID argument at all. Why does TR has more deflect severity? It's no tank class ... it's meant to be a striker. Guess you don't know what happens if a good DPSer also has the best defense...

sorry i dont get it, isnt gwf a dps too? are them both melee? is there a difference im losing around? so since we are both dpser maybe unstoppable should drain for each at will right? we are dpser after all we are not supposed to have defensive capabilities, right?

some have higher ac, some have a tab that drain on at will and encounters, some no, some have 50% deflect severity, some have 75%.
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    @rayrdan: Not that I want to hop unto the qq train, but comparing deflect severity with AC is a very biased point. And as an expirienced pvp player you know this ;-)

You also know why deflect is so good in comparison to defense for example. RI anyone?

To get this straight: the QQ about TRs stealth and damage was always pathetic and came from inexpirenced whiners.
    On the other hand the TR receivied ridiculous buffs with mod5 that were completly unjustified. A good BiS TR will NEVER die in pvp unless he wants to.
    Only the inexpirienced whining TRs dont realize how strong the defensive mechanics of TRs really are.

With that beeing clarified, almost nobody gives a f… about competetive pvp anyway these days.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I know how much deflect is good, other tr are happy with 20% apparently.
    Deflect severity is the same since beta tho
    And no ac is not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. Probably not the best but a reliable 0.5% per point is ood enough
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    I love my anwill landing on head of controlled TR resulting dmg = 0
    deflected. How da HAMSTER?

Tr's were always broken. But tbh, show me properly working class nowadays in pvp. Balance is a term, Craptic dont understand since 2.5 years.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User

Lol rayrdan comparing deflect severity with AC ... no VALID argument at all. Why does TR has more deflect severity? It's no tank class ... it's meant to be a striker. Guess you don't know what happens if a good DPSer also has the best defense...

Deflection is not a tanking stat as it is not reliable and it will fail you. Deflection is nice when it works, very nice but ultimately when the big hit gets passed it the illusion of what many perceive it to be is immediately dispelled by the corpse left behind. The TR has no secondary hp, no temporary hp and no innate ability to replace lost hp.

Stealth is very helpful but is worthless against AE's (both spells and melee AE's) and worthless against dots that are already in effect. Deflection is the passive fallback defense of the TR and for those of us TR that don't build the long stealth flavors it is our main defense after dodge. Both stealth and dodge can produce amazing results, but they are nowhere near as dramatic as a GWF or SW that has sprinted out of range or a CW that repels you one way and runs the other (see just as above none of these classes has to die unless they choose to argument is just as valid but I bet none of you would agree with that would you?).
  • Options
    edited September 2015

This is a standard PVP complaint - always has been - TRs are DPS masters - which by default makes them PVP champs, unless opposed by an even better TR or a well schooled team. It all depends on who you play against and with. If the toon you are opposed to is uber maxed by a pay to winner - does it matter if it's a TR, GWF or CW? Dead is dead.

Maybe not those classes which are the top damage pvp classes. But if they're, say a SW? Yeah. There's a reason only 16 SWs made top 1000 in the NCL. Some classes are still HAMSTER at BiS. I'm almost BiS at 3.5k and any scrub TR can come SE me out of stealth for the above mentioned reasons and at least half my health is gone, if they're BiS I'm dead one shot game over. That's total BS no two ways about it.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Remove Smoke Bomb particle graphics to reduce lag.

There, a TR nerf.

Really this just proves Stealth is better than Smoke Bomb.

There's plenty of ways to kill a TR........
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    In stealth for such little time, it makes almost no difference to overall dps
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Man i tryed arpen/ crít/ recovery and the truth is SE/ Power is the only way to go if u dont wanna go PermaStealth CoS spammer. TR Encounter Powers and At Wills do risible damage against good builded characters. Now i know why some ppl rant against SE but u may try a TR and will see that is not like you think.
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    @defiantone99 absolute truth lol!!