What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 70 gear ignorance

2»

Comments

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Yea, Queues are really bad at this time simply because of two things:

1.) Not that many lvl70's wanting to run dungeons
    2.) Many people have already stopped playing the game. MOD 6 was the final straw, and people quit.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

Dude I was playing with my cleric friend earlier and we spent like an hour queuing up for LOSTMAUTH together and he kept telling me to leave the dungeon everytime because he kept inspecting kids with like 1.5k armor pen, hrs in a archer build, clueless CWs, trs with 25k hp etc.. It was pretty funny

Luckily we managed to find 3 other people off our friendlist to join lol

lol

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    patsfire said:

Well no one looks out for or believes in the TR aside from those who play the TR.

While I feel utterly dirty every time I have to heal one (often), I still do it.

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Most TR's can handle themselves, a DC is just like a piece of jewelry we wear. Its nice to have it, but not really needed.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Worked with a TR that solo'd Cragmire last night, gonna set up the same way and give it a go. So far liking the base lvl 60 setup. No pressure at all.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • drumweezerdrumweezer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    The eternal gear set can be likened to training wheels. It's great to wear while leveling (and getting comfortable) with one's character again. However, for some classes, such as the GWF (my main character), the eternal set ruins stats. It's not a big deal when leveling, but it's a huge deal when running dungeons. Even with swapping out some of the eternal gear with black ice gear (gear that also does not really help dps gwfs), I still have not successfully completed a dungeon even with a 2300 item score.

Although I do not see as much kicking like there was in mod 6, many players (lower and higher level item score) quit the dungeons when they realize that they are not a "walk in the park." Since there aren't many lvl 70 players, it can take up to 30 or 40 minutes to fill that empty slot. In addition, my guild is relatively small and only a handful of players have gotten their characters up to lvl 70. They too are having the same issues even with running eternal or a 2/2 set. So, if a person needs better gear but can't get through a dungeon to get the gear or the seals because of other players who choose for whatever reason to quit, what is that person suppose to do? They can't purchase the gear through the auction house. They might be able to farm encounters and might be lucky to get that 1% chance of something relatively decent dropping, but generally speaking, most players right now are s.o.l.

Some builds are not meant for PvP nor do some people care to play PvP. For people who have PVE characters only, the only thing they are going to get out of PVP is having folks yell at them. I don't know anyone who enjoys having other characters yell at them. Most people play games to have fun, and most people wouldn't consider being yelled at as fun. Besides, what is the point of the PVP gear for people who don't play regardless of their build?

Rhetorica-2.7 GWF
    Derrida-2.5 HR
    Guild-TSS
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Know the pain you write about. Not enough can be done to fill the holes in the stats unless increasing the enchants to L9 or better. Seems we are driven to that. Also leveling artifacts to legendary or better. Yeah, the Eternal set is meant to give you a thirst for more.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

The eternal gear set can be likened to training wheels.

I agree with all you've said.

My suggestions for you is to try focus on the stats you need by getting the campaign and generic blue gear (I've even had to create an excel spreadsheet for myself). E.g. for my CW I mostly ignore Power but grab as much ArPen/LifeSteal/Crit as I can. Then I also have gotten the 4 Archon companions from AH which over-all should increase the your damage 3-5%. Then I've given level 70 gear with enchants in ArPen and LifeSteal to my summoned companion and used the rune stones which give me 25% of these stats in total. At this point I seem to be able to run the Kessel's Retreat and eToS skirmishes with people in the same low-IL bucket. This gives the rewards in elemental seals and elemental gear, more if you have the keys for eToS.

Running dungeons with a random PUG is very difficult though. Most of the time people wouldn't be familiar with the best tactics or perhaps glitches of the dungeons plus the groups would miss some essential characters like tanks or healers, so it would be a lot of trial and error and your best hope would be to get carried over by a group of 4 players who know what they do. Even in this case it maybe quite difficult to blend-in as you may fail to follow them over dungeon environment or draw unnecessary agro, so I think watching youtube runs maybe very helpful to begin with.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers