test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Take away the AD transmute cost or make it 5k AD max

pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
There are enough AD sinks in game right now, plus, honestly, the changes to AD generation are enough.
It's pointless to keep the transmute cost at 50k AD.

50.000 astral diamonds to transmute a lvl 70 armor/weapon/jewelry piece into another.

Makes no sense at all. Bots do not transmute and the only thing you are doing right now is holding back the players who care about the look, lowering the variety of looks in the game.

I'd like if some Dev could explain to us what's the point in making players spend 50k AD to transmute an armor, or weapon, or jewel, into another item.
It's an insanely high price and honestly, the only result is to keep the variety of looks in game lower or punish the players who try to be creative and play with the look of their toons.

So please remove the AD cost or make it very low, in line with current changes to the cost of marks.

Comments

• Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    100% agree. Or make it so you can unlock the transmute once for ad and use it on any piece you want forever
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I would honestly be happy to pay 50k each if it was an unlock of a skin, and not a one time deal. If thats not possible (its in STO, just copy paste), then a reduction in the cost seems like it would be an awesome idea.

Right now, transmutes are priced out of reach, especially considering the original is destroyed (possible loss in salvage AD) and the rate at which gear is turning over. You will sell much more of them if you price them more reasonably, making up for the reduction by increasing volume dramatically.

With no gameplay effect at all other than an AD sink, I don't see why not.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    lwedar said:

100% agree. Or make it so you can unlock the transmute once for ad and use it on any piece you want forever

+1
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Make it cost gold instead.

What, gold is good enough for unslotting enchantments, but not good enough for transmuting? YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK! ::Runs off crying::
  • Options
    locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I support this post 100%.
    We simply need to keep the issue on the front page until something is done about it.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    +100

I lose about 17k AD by transmuting my gear to my chosen one. That is from the salvage AD lost and not including the 50k/piece.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    double post... time to go to bed.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I'd welcome the change to gold cost. This AD sink is not required anymore.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I transmuted an old armor with a rank 8 enchantment and a lesser soulforge in it... guess what... it didn't give me warning and just transmuted the whole thing... boy that was an expensive transmute... (and I have heard Horror story about one of my guildie's Greater Negation being transmuted.... o.m.g.... :x)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    A lot of the "reduce AD cost" posts I don't agree with, from my perspective there is not much lost because my AD generation is about the same (if I try to make AD at least).

This however is something I have felt needs to be reduced for a long time. Not sure it needs to drop to 5k, but certainly down to 10k would be good. That's still 60k AD if you transmute everything that is visible.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    icyphish said:

I transmuted an old armor with a rank 8 enchantment and a lesser soulforge in it... guess what... it didn't give me warning and just transmuted the whole thing... boy that was an expensive transmute... (and I have heard Horror story about one of my guildie's Greater Negation being transmuted.... o.m.g.... :x)

Unlucky that. I transmuted a few items on my HR last week (350k AD to be exact *shudders*), with all of them having enchantments and not even one was lost in the process. I posted a discussion last week about transmutes and suggested that gold be used for the cost instead of AD, amongst others.

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1204422/transmutation-of-gear#latest
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    mayorofartamayorofarta Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    This is a change that could be implemented right now without affecting economy, but if I was a dev and wanted it changed I would offer it in a package of changes that reflect upon the whole new economy and balances for marketing reasons. That would need of course the economy to stabilize to new prices and a satisfactory amount of AD drained.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

A lot of the "reduce AD cost" posts I don't agree with, from my perspective there is not much lost because my AD generation is about the same (if I try to make AD at least).

This however is something I have felt needs to be reduced for a long time. Not sure it needs to drop to 5k, but certainly down to 10k would be good. That's still 60k AD if you transmute everything that is visible.

How much time do you spend a day on the game? I used to generate about 17 K a day from Leadership and another 8 K a day from PVP. Leadership was removed and PVP cut in half--leaving me scrambling. Wish I'd done a 10 toon army now, at least I'd have had some savings.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with lowering costs. I've got 4 new pieces of armor I would normally transmute, but with the ad income nerf, not a chance right now. I no longer look unique or cool. Which okay, in the big scheme of things is not vitally important, but well, hey, you know how it is.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

icyphish said:

Unlucky that. I transmuted a few items on my HR last week (350k AD to be exact *shudders*), with all of them having enchantments and not even one was lost in the process.
    I assume the lost enchants were slotted in the item used as a skin.

I agree with either lowering the AD cost dramatically or using gold to pay for it.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I agree. Another AD sink post-leadership that needs a second look.
    I paid 50k to transmute my dragon shield from way back. I love that thing.
    50k now is like a month's worth of income at this rate.
  • Options
    karistianakaristiana Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I liked in EQ2 that they had free appearance slots. You could put whatever gear you wanted there at no charge. I still remember my druid on her quest for her Wu set to wear :). Good times.

Here, there's a lot of lower level gear that looks kinda cool, and I would wear it if it didn't cost 50k to transmute. Things change too often to sink that much AD, especially now, in an appearance change. 5k is more reasonable, but I like free even better :). With everything else that takes AD, and lots of it, is charging for an appearance change really necessary?

Another thought would be, if removing the cost isn't an option, once you use a transmute an item, make that item a transmute as well - meaning that you would be able to use that armor piece as a free transmute to a different item. One time charge for the initial transmute.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Count me in for reducing transmute costs! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I still need the ADs for zen, for dye, as if the cost to transmute wasn't enough. I bought black dye and red dye for my GF, the hellfire armor off AH for like 200k in the past. Spent over 500k for a non-gameplay/advantage. I also kept the appearance over modules. Over 1 million to maintain my GF's appearance alone.
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Agree with this.
  • Options
    delta522delta522 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    shouldn't cost anything especially since the update reset everybody. I didn't remember exactly what I had for feats I got probably 80% of it set up the right way the other 20% is questionable.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    The transmute cost was like that even before leadership inflation... But it was considered unreasonably high back then and suggested to be severely lowered, so while they look at removal of no longer needed ad sinks - transmutation cost could use a major change as well.