test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Game] What change would you make to the game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    linoge63 said:

teatew said:

since its 1 change per post...

I would allow single player mode for casual players.

In all skrishmish's and dungeons. Have the instance calculate the players item score and adjust trash mobs to be killable and the mini/main boss be a tough fight but not impossible. Give the reward in the chest as 1,000 AD which the maps are able to to be finished in 10 minutes. With a max of 20 clears total. (max ad earned this way is 20k but it would take a few hours).

I agree to this!!; and id pay monthly for this option...yes pay to play, which would support the game those of you that dont believe in p2p choose to continue to play.
    I actually helped design EQ 1, A lot of my ideas were put into everquest and I was on their main beta team :) ty
  • Options
    maddmaxx1967maddmaxx1967 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Remove the need for scroll of recognition. Make it a skill or learned ability.Hate having to drop a mission and go back to get more scrolls.
  • Options
    maddmaxx1967maddmaxx1967 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The ability to add as many slots as needed for potions,powers, abilities and items. We earned the powers as we gain levels but can only use a few at a time. I earned them why do I only have limited slots for all my choices?
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Because the game is balanced around the fact that you can only use so many at a time.

For dailies that's less of an issue, because you're pulling from your AP pool, but for encounters, if you could use all at once, you'd basically never have to use another at-will ever again. As for class features, holy HAMSTER does that get nasty.

Mutual exclusivity is a key balancing aspect of almost all games.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

FOUNDRY.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Change the focus of the game from sensless refining to a more story and lore oriented game. Make the foundry an integral, important part of the game.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Ih and a very simple change that would be prerty nice would be that with each new module the character selection screen had a different background, relative to the module theme. It takes 5 mins to make on of those and it would be very nice to help the feeling we're progressing in time
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    One currency. Period.
    Coins.

Coins would be the currency and would be applicable to each and every transaction in the game. Full Stop.
  • Options
    fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    dwarfer2 said:

Remove all AD/AD exchange from game and use gold generated in game by you know 'killing mobs' as the single primary currency only.

I see I was beaten.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Remove the AH and replace with a "CRYPTIC" Store.. you no longer SELL anything, you salvage/refine/use EVERYTHING. And make everything you get bound to Account, AND of course Salvaging prices need to be increased by 120%. (Purple armor = 12,000 AD.)
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    make SH Vouchers into currencies.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    1 change?
    So much to choose from, but how about this 1?

ACTUALLY IMPLIMENT 1 CHANGE A MONTH FROM PLAYERS SUGGESTION CATEGORY.

there said it
    ..actually read, understand, and impliment what players suggest as solutions to current game problems. Don't "focus" group it, DO preview shard it. FOLLOW THROUGH with what the preview shard tells you concerning it BEFORE going live. DON'T "BIG SOLUTION" it i.e. make sweeping change that dings up the rest of the game.

Stop ignoring what you are told, stop placating us with "looking into it" never going to happen posts.

IMPLIMENT a actual suggestion we tell you, you got some pretty bright and smart folks out here, stop wasting a valuable resource and invest in game longevity thereby.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    A full-court press on improving the Foundry and making playing Foundry quests desirable.

1. Bugfixes to the editor (instability, sluggishness, etc.)
    2. Massive asset dump to the editor. There are *vast* numbers of assets not available today.
    3. Capability improvements (REAL bosses, rooms at different elevations, etc.)
    4. Restart the practice of featuring quests
    5. Vastly improve rewards (Foundry Doubloons, special transmutes, epic drops added to featured quests, etc.) Many excellent ideas for monetizing the Foundry and making quests really worth doing have already been posted (just search Eldarth's posts, for example)

EDIT: for example, my sig (which shamelessly advertizes my only Foundry quest, The Redcap Snatchers). While there are certain redcap-themed armor and weapon pieces already available in-game, there are no "complete sets" available for any class. Wouldn't it be really neat if those pieces were available in certain featured Redcap-themed Foundry quests? You could do the same for other Foundry quests with different themes. Now that would make Foundries interesting.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I'd just come up to the devs and ask them to think about what they are making, to think about every detail when creating new content, to try it out and evaluate it couze from what we can see they dont do much of that ( now there making progress tho )
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    1) management
    2) game engine to anything developed by anybody who isnt an octopus

• Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Get rid of both PW and Cryptic, or trade the game in completely for City of Heroes and reopen that game.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    -_-
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Fix just one bug or broken issue, or overpowered or underpowered issue a day and no longer introduce anymore. If they just did that they could have the game working fine in 4,372 years.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    1. 0/3 Artifact Set [Neck, Belt, Artifact] that can only drop from Featured Foundries

2. New Ardent coin reward at 500 [Everyone has an Angel by now.]

3. Secondary Gear Loadout Tab[Equip PVE/PVP armor], Secondary Powers Loadout[PVE/PVP]

4. Increased AD from playing. Every lair, every miniboss. Every weekly, every daily, every foundry.

5. Quality control. Quick reaction to exploits.

6. Bring back the dungeons, even if you recycle stuff. With all the mini-lairs that already exist from 0-60, you could EASILY make level-scaled versions. Have a daily that changes every week that awards AD for completion. [Like Hearthstones 'Tavern Brawl', a mini-variant that changes every week and rewards a pack. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend in Vegas.] Or even better, with those 30+ scaled mini-lairs, have a daily that picks one at random.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    Fix existing Bugs before going any further with the game, soooo many things are broken now its absolutely pitiful. Every time a new guy asks how come it doesn't work and gets the answer "It's Cryptic, deal with it" we lose 2 players.

cheers
    Ello
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Not sure this would count, but it would be a change of sorts, just not of the game directly :P more indirectly I guess:

Developers and their management to each have at least 1 character at lvl70 legitimately so they could understand from a first hand perspective what needs improvement, what is broken and its affect on the playerbase, and the enjoyability factor of course. Also insight into what will work for future mods and changes.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    The variety in available "looks". With the loss of many of the older dungeons, unique items that could be used to transmute was lost as well.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance