test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Game] What change would you make to the game?

durandal112durandal112 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
So since all kinds of people on this forum have their own ideas about what needs to be changed,
and they are all different, contradictory or flamed into the ground,
I have this idea of a little forum game ( might well be more fun than the actual one :) ).

So, given the current state of the game, plus all the changes above you,
what single one thing would you like to change (into what) ?

Rules:
  1. State one single, concise and clear change. You could, for example say "give everyone 1000 free zen" or "make all horses blue".
    (It would then also be valid to revert or change a previous change: "make all horse brown")
  2. You may not state another change until 3 people have also made a change after your previous change.
  3. NO DISCUSSION about other people's changes.
  4. NO WALLS OF TEXT. Keep any comment (on your own change) short and simple.

A better forum: NWO:UNCENSORED - Tools, data and most of all an uncensored, open community. Information wants to be free!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    That Cryptic gets sold to a competent and capable gaming company. Failing that, I'd settle for the removal of the same type of enchantment/enhancement/runestone in the upgrading process from R7 to R10.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Get some usefull rewards playing the game the way it is intended to be played.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Give everyone magic cookie. Each time you sell this cookie on AH with price containing magic elvish symbol, it sends you back same cookie and 100 M AD. If you send the cookie to Second Universe Realm, you have chance to receive random orange mount. You can also give the cookie to Mysterious People in Graveyard in exchange of box of 99 sweet candies.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    cutterslade#6868 cutterslade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Remove all AD/AD exchange from game and use gold generated in game by you know 'killing mobs' as the single primary currency only.
  • Options
    tyaukxtyaukx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    restore the balance
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I would probably change the AH to a gold based currency, remove Marks of Potency (but not other marks) from the game, and lower the zen prices on items. Lift the AD x Zen cap, and make all items purchased for zen or AD bound to account.

Ultimately, the goal is to ensure that AD actually equals time, and zen actually equals money, and that there's a reasonable tradeoff between time and money. But also, to ensure that the market based economy of the auction house isn't too influenced by the presence of the fixed costs of AD and zen.

The key thing, however, is that AD does still need to have value-otherwise, there's no way it'll be tradeable for zen. Removing potency marks removes a LOT of the need for AD, but there's still companion cost upgrades.

One easy thing to do here is to make Wards buyable for both zen AND for AD. So, remove the zen price cap, but for the "core" items, well, let's say Coalescent wards. Buyable for 1000 zen or for 500,000 AD. While zen is below 500 AD, you're better off buying zen but while zen is above 500 AD, you're better off using AD. These are automatically stabilizers. Of course, I'd be sure to revise the purchase price of both zen AND AD based items, so these are just numbers used as a baseline.

My main concern is, how do we make it plausible to level up alts, without making the existence of alts make one's main stronger (eg the old Leadership army system). Of course, if leadership rewards are useful but bound to character, that problem can be solved. Though, if the AH became a gold based system, leadership would actually go back to leadership armies to a small extent, but I say "small" because the gold gained through leadership is absolutely trivial compared to gameplay.

In addition, I would institute "buyback" programs. So, for instance, if your favorite armor or weapon enchantment gets nerfed, then for say a week or two after the nerf, you can trade enchantments of the nerfed type for enchantments of the same tier. To prevent auctioneering issues, these enchants would be bound to account.

For artifact equipment, I'd institute a system whereby refining an artifact item into a corresponding item, you get the same artifact level out of it. Basically you should only ever have to refine your artifact equipment once. Non-equip artifacts can keep the existing system: you actually get more points for matching types after all.

I'm sure there are a number of other changes to institute as well. I'd probably downscale the Strongholds boons substantially, and slowly phase in a system that makes it easier for smaller guilds to catch up to large guilds, most strongly starting with allowing Stronghold items to be sold in the AH.

I'd definitely overhaul the professions system. I have two concepts in mind for it. One concept involves the usage of leadership contracts. When completing certain leadership tasks, you obtain a contract 9corresponding to one of the non-leadership professions). Activating the contract in-game brings up a dialogue interface that allows you to accept the terms of the contract. Use professions to deliver certain resources (to the "Contracts Vendor") by a certain time, and you get rewards.

Rewards would consist of Stronghold vouchers, maybe AD (contracts are, essentially, rare tasks after all, and they do require components), and let's just call them "crafting points."

Crafting points are bound on pickup, but when you get enough of them, you can craft "something." Exacting specifics unknown. We want crafted items to be useful, so they can't just be rings or amulets or other gear, because then either displace new gear released via modules, or are displaced by them. So perhaps the existing reinforcement kits system would be replaced in this fashion.

A few caveats are things like, how do we deal with bots using AD to buy Preservation Wards, use those to make enchants, and then sell the enchants on the AH. Things like that.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    If i was a "lead dev programmer", i would create a new inventory tabs, for Mounds, appearances and consumeables for the bank vaults.
  • Options
    novakk1novakk1 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    leadership back at 50% reward rate and all prices adjusted
  • Options
    oh, hey, you said no walls of text.

Deal with it B)
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    1) Remove all ID scrolls from game and make all items already identified.
    2) Increase the main bag slots to 36 (up from 30) and make 6 slots bag available for purchase at 10k AD at Wondrous Bazaar
    3) Tie the Rough AD daily refine limit to account (rather than character) and raise it to 100k.
    4) Remove those annoying Admin messages that tell me when someone gets a mount.
    5) Add AD rewards to Heroic Encounters Great Success reward (1000 for small, 2000 for medium, 4000 for large, limit these daily in a similar way).
    6) Add the Waukeen event vendor back in the game permanently. Make enemies in featured only foundry quests drop those bags.
    7) Extend the Winter, Spring, Fall, and Summer events to be 3 months long each so there's always a seasonal event running.
    8) Remove ZAX cap.
  • Options
    therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Reduce all fixed AD prices in the game by 70%.

reduce all fixed AD prices in the game by 90%.
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    reduce the RP needs across the board by a factor of 10, fire the current devs, reintroduce the masses of content they removed. reduce the ad requirements for items by factor of 10 make asteral diamonds decay at 1% a day of your total AD
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    bam within 100 days you have fixed the caturday issue you never addressed, i said it then and im still saying it today you cant have regresive taxes no progresive taxes and hope to solve a wealth inequality issue (bots having billions of ad)
    what they have done with reducing player ad gain potential without removing bots stockpiles is overnight double or triple the "wealth" of the bots
    im only a casual studeent of economics and i can only assume they dont even have that level of understanding within the team working on this game from their actions
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    get rid off pwe and seek new company that is willing to make this game last a couple more years with growing fan base
  • Options

The only change I see that is urgent is to ban all the exploiters. They need to audit anyone with 4k plus Item Level and if their cash purchases do not match their gear, they need to be banned.

all that would do is make everything harder to complete, the issue isnt that other people have gear that cool for them, the issue is how near impossible it is today to get to that level for those that dont have that gear. removing those that have made it to the top wouldnt change the amount of grind needed for everyone else it would just mean theres less OP chars to carry teams through content
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The ability to have more than 3 potions slots, and switching power slots by 1 or 2 profiles.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

The only change I see that is urgent is to ban all the exploiters. They need to audit anyone with 4k plus Item Level and if their cash purchases do not match their gear, they need to be banned.

all that would do is make everything harder to complete, the issue isnt that other people have gear that cool for them, the issue is how near impossible it is today to get to that level for those that dont have that gear. removing those that have made it to the top wouldnt change the amount of grind needed for everyone else it would just mean theres less OP chars to carry teams through content
    The issue is that those people that exploited have mountains of AD which they can use to screw the economy.

The problem with going by cash purchases is if someone did use cash purchases+coupons to play the AH/Zax then they will have more AD than they could've gotten via straight exchange. What they really need to do is find all the people that suddenly gained 100,000,000 AD out of nowhere in on transaction. Although you'd think that they'd have tried that so I'd assume their database for this kind of stuff is so ****'d that they can't do it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Make it more like D&D is sapposed to be, not WOW.
    Post edited by strous1 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    the game
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    0. Give solo player a way to earn AD.
    1. Provide AD when doing normal boon grinding quests. i.e. Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, WoD, ...
    2. Provide AD for doing HE. The bigger the HE is the more AD it should be.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    I would allow a profession (probably leadership since its worthless now) the ability to craft player useable bags.

4 slot for level 10 leadership
    6 slot for level 15 leadership
    12 slot for level 20 leadership
    20 slot for level 25 leadership

*BOOM* Everyone loves leadership again!
  • Options
    teatewteatew Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    since its 1 change per post...

I would allow single player mode for casual players.

In all skrishmish's and dungeons. Have the instance calculate the players item score and adjust trash mobs to be killable and the mini/main boss be a tough fight but not impossible. Give the reward in the chest as 1,000 AD which the maps are able to to be finished in 10 minutes. With a max of 20 clears total. (max ad earned this way is 20k but it would take a few hours).

Also, I would allow single player PVP, so people can queue up 1 on 1, if a real person is available and the item score is within 100 points. A match is formed vs each other, if no players are matched, a doppleganger is spawned so you are pvping vs yourself. First to 3 kills wins 1000 AD, max queue is 5 times per day. If your doppleganger kills you, you get 0 ad and lose 1 of the 5 times to play.

doggleganger would spawn with the same gear/stats/abilities as you have going in.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Listen to one of the many suggestions to restore leadership AD for toons actually played but not for armies, while also fixing PVP.

Is that one thing?
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    teatew said:

since its 1 change per post...

I would allow single player mode for casual players.

In all skrishmish's and dungeons. Have the instance calculate the players item score and adjust trash mobs to be killable and the mini/main boss be a tough fight but not impossible. Give the reward in the chest as 1,000 AD which the maps are able to to be finished in 10 minutes. With a max of 20 clears total. (max ad earned this way is 20k but it would take a few hours).

I agree to this!!; and id pay monthly for this option...yes pay to play, which would support the game those of you that dont believe in p2p choose to continue to play.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Hrmmm.. it sent my response "to be reviewed", so I'll try again:
    FOUNDRY.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    I'd insert a dice roll mini window for players to see their chances at various things in the game rather than just randomly seeing rewards. Kinda like how the daily reward in SCA is done. Open a box? See a di roll, Open a chest in a dungeon? See a di roll. Then maybe market items that improve dice rolls like new enchants.
  • Options

reduce the RP needs across the board by a factor of 10, fire the current devs, reintroduce the masses of content they removed. reduce the ad requirements for items by factor of 10 make asteral diamonds decay at 1% a day of your total AD

A wealth tax, then? Interesting. That would encourage spending, which would raise prices, but also funnel AD out of the economy via the 10% AH sales tax. Hmm.

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Nerf paladins and TRs in pvp.