test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.50.20150902b.6

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Check out our full list of patch notes here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9554493

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Thanks Andy!
    va8Ru.gif
  • chambermancerchambermancer Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    How about instead of temporarily removing the seals they permanently remove the brokeass AD and stamina drain enchants?
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Another week, another total failure to fix the elven battle/thorned roots or control immunity/avalanche bugs.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Yea... companions are working in strongholds map....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    And of course totally naive to think something would be done to leadership profession. Fair enough to remove the AD but as it stands right now all should be able to see some of the tasks are just plain dumb to take...
  • buzzardsbaitbuzzardsbait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    As far as I'm concerned about PvP, they can stick it where the sun don't shine
  • primitivegeniusprimitivegenius Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Strongholds pvp is a mess...everything is crazy; lag, everything/everybody is overpowered and combat lacks a smooth flow. The mix of stuns, repels, drain, heals, stealth, companions boosting stats etc. it may be a nice idea but now the game is just a mush of stuff happening (usually 3 seconds after it was suppossed to happen).

This is like a waiter dumping a massive (more is better...nope!) blob of spaghetti on your plate and saying, "well, you wanted spaghetti and here it is". When what you actually want is a nice balanced meal, served politely, in a pleasant atmosphere. Cryptic have just dumped too much stuff in the game and eventually all the new MMO's will wipe Neverwinter out. Quite a lot of players I've spoken to are just hanging around and waiting to find something new, what a shame and a waste of what could have remained a decent game.

It doesn't matter if a few fanboys stay... they are already convinced, it's the potential quitters that now need to be convinced and it ain't gonna happen like this.

Every upcoming new game will chip away at Neverwinters numbers, even ones that aren't MMOs.

Have a nice day.
  • brumyskbrumysk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    And what about guilds who split their groups in the twice teams in order to ruins the Siege by staying afk at the guild hall ?
    Exemple: The guild XXXX makes 4 party.
    2 party will be red, 2 party will be blue.
    The 2 party in blue will stay afk so the red team will win the game. (because it's 10vs20 and not 20vs20).

6 Stronghold Siege done, 6 lost because of 10vs20 with these ******* players.

Tsss.... This game is definitely broken. And the huge lags !! amazing !

We can't accept that Cryptic. We pay you, so give us a real game at least.
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Andy my friend, I'm used to these poor patch notes but like I always say, I'm here to help rather than complain. My advise, try to bring back all dungeons in a rather near future and fix the AD gains or this comunity-rage will be untolerable in a lot of ways. If any of you devs need/want some kind of feedback, opinions or ideas, pm, I'll glady try to help. Good luck!
  • sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Areyou bringing the Foundry online today? Finally....?
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    Well, could you at least try poking someone about, when they will repair the mess they created within Leadership with the removal of AD?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • mkgnr159mkgnr159 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    how about fixing the stacking of items in the bags as it stands at the moment I have 6 of the same item all using different slots its ridiculous and xp is totally worthless after level 70 the rewards are not commensurate with the work that goes into getting xp now so fix it please and the ad gains need to be sorted as it is a complete mess members of the guild I am in are already leaving neverwinter due to the mess of changes
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    sad.. just sad
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Still waiting for my mythic vanguards banner fix. I know, right out of leftfield lol.

Thnx for fixing the seals of victory issue, I had a load stored up, but a lot of ppl didn't. Strongholds pvp. Early days I guess, but it's crazy in there atm. And there's some weird issue with transfer errors if you queue without a full party or pug.

AD loss from leadership isn't hurting me too much, and I guess it'll pull the zax down to pre exploit levels at last, been a long time since the mod 2 levels when you could buy zen for AD whenever you needed to without either bankrupting yourself or waiting for a week.

Keep it up, slow process I know.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    These changes and their impact reminds me of a game still in beta. is Nvm still considered in beta?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    It sounds like they are planning to take away Seals of Triumph from Gauntlgrym. Gauntlgrym normally is an avenue for the Seals. Black Ice Domination, which also gave seals, apparently doesn't anymore at all.

And their regular Domination game sucks.

Were these intentional changes, or do they not know their own rules? Since there are no rules to be found anywhere, I have to assume they've lost track with rule change upon rule change.

I can see why someone would shrug at the idea of exploiting--what is exploiting when rules are so liquid, anyway?
    mkgnr159 said:

how about fixing the stacking of items in the bags as it stands at the moment I have 6 of the same item all using different slots its ridiculous and xp is totally worthless after level 70 the rewards are not commensurate with the work that goes into getting xp now so fix it please and the ad gains need to be sorted as it is a complete mess members of the guild I am in are already leaving neverwinter due to the mess of changes

XP could be worth something if they gave Power Points when levelling. RNG Power Points is not an enticement....
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

10 Conqueror’s Shards of Power will now be obtained upon participation in Stronghold Siege. Conqueror’s Shards may only be obtained in this manner once every 20 hours.

are we going through this again. Please set the reset to match the daily clock. Do you remember what a nightmare this was with influence?

Mistakes are made for learning, not repeating
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    bring... old... dungeons... back....
    seriously, can we have some feedback about the returning of the old dungeons? After mod6 you commented that "they will be back soon" and so far nothing, not even a word about it.

Now it's mandatory to run dungeons to gather AD, but running the same dungeons everyday is annoying!

If you're trying the game to go PVP you doing it wrong. Bring back the old PVE content or you will lose more and more players....

And my invocation still broke, even stated in the last patch that it was fixed I still need to try several times before the first invocation to work.

OH! and.... bring... old... dungeons... back!
    putzboy78 said:

10 Conqueror’s Shards of Power will now be obtained upon participation in Stronghold Siege. Conqueror’s Shards may only be obtained in this manner once every 20 hours.

are we going through this again. Please set the reset to match the daily clock. Do you remember what a nightmare this was with influence?

Mistakes are made for learning, not repeating
    +1 My thoughts as well.
  • andrews007andrews007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    this leadership issue has completly frosen the AH. There has to be a balance, this is not a good solution for the economy problem. (i got 5 char, only 1 has leadership above 20.. so i'm not here typing for personal gain)
    This turned into a P2P game.
  • lordsilveroaklordsilveroak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Please....please bring back the old dungeons. Who cares what they give at least we could have some player content for level 70 players. Level 1-60 brilliant content,exciting rewards. Level 61-70 so so. How hard is it to add back the dungeons so we are not sent in to terminal mind numbing grinding.....................Please listen to us your player and guild base.
    Leadership, I spent real money on boxes and leadership packs to build 18 purple hero's. I did this only because you made promise a contract to us your player base.You have taken from us your players with no regard to our intelligence.
    Am I due some kind of compensation for your breach of verbal and written contract for my investment?
    I could care less about the astral diamonds..........how about the fact I spent real dollars building an asset that has vastly reduced value. Look around in the real world would you accept this if it happened to you at say Walmart?

Please stop listen and consider your next few moves.
    Silver Oak
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    The old dungeons may come back, when they had the time to rework them.
    - removing all the epic rewards
    - increasing the level of the mobs to 70+
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    regenerde said:

The old dungeons may come back, when they had the time to rework them.
    - removing all the epic rewards
    - increasing the level of the mobs to 70+

Not to mention add some onehit attacks :wink:. I had a mob hit me for 2 000 000 damage with one shot in Epic Cragmire Crypt
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• irisqissentellirisqissentell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    REALLY BUMMED, bring back the old dungens, SMH what a mess.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'm no IT wis, but I'm guessing that old content got streamlined..? Castlenever is big, and keeping an instance open for just 5 players takes up too much space..? I dunno, maybe the 3 we're left with are the smallest..? Maybe the problem now is too much content all over the place rather than too little, server issues..?

I realise I have zero knowledge of what I'm talking about btw.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    After reaching level 70, I got an award for filling the level bar again. It awarded be 5 tomes of "Player Experience" and 10 tomes of "Companion Experience" both bound and both completely worthless...

Hello... I'm already maxed out at level 70 - what do I need with the "Player Experience" awards? How about bringing back the one feat point or something else most players could actually use for a change?

All of my companions are already maxed to the level allowed unless I pay to "upgrade" so "Companion Experience" also worthless.

I get that the game probably wants me to purchase zen to make more character slots so I can use these Experience Awards, but with leadership no longer providing astral diamonds there is no incentive for me to even think about purchasing character slots.

Apparently another not so well thought out "fix", but then I'm kind of used to that by now.
    DD~
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dionchi said:

After reaching level 70, I got an award for filling the level bar again. It awarded be 5 tomes of "Player Experience" and 10 tomes of "Companion Experience" both bound and both completely worthless...

Hello... I'm already maxed out at level 70 - what do I need with the "Player Experience" awards? How about bringing back the one feat point or something else most players could actually use for a change?

All of my companions are already maxed to the level allowed unless I pay to "upgrade" so "Companion Experience" also worthless.

I get that the game probably wants me to purchase zen to make more character slots so I can use these Experience Awards, but with leadership no longer providing astral diamonds there is no incentive for me to even think about purchasing character slots.

Apparently another not so well thought out "fix", but then I'm kind of used to that by now.

You can still get the power point. It's just at random like it always has been. The main difference is that they more than tripled the amount of exp per overflow reward.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Is it my imagination, or is patch downloading twice as slow as it used to be..?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I'm no IT wis, but I'm guessing that old content got streamlined..? Castlenever is big, and keeping an instance open for just 5 players takes up too much space..? I dunno, maybe the 3 we're left with are the smallest..? Maybe the problem now is too much content all over the place rather than too little, server issues..?

I realise I have zero knowledge of what I'm talking about btw.

They can afford to have more than 2000 instances open of ghost stories. I don't think it is resource limitations(including developer, since the have time to fix walls) that prevent the return. I would guess they just don't see it as important and will put it on the back burner until they need to add some quick content to keep players and bam it is back.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

This discussion has been closed.