Install Arc
Options

Fighting the bots eh?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gromm1gromm1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    sasageru said:

Everyones focusing on the lack of AD from leadership now. Honestly, I think removing it was a good decision. As already stated, plenty of players were using multiple accounts with multiple characters just for the purpose of farming AD from leaership - thats not playing, thats barely better than botting.

So, change it so that we earn ad from dungeons/skirmishes/pvp - awesome, but the real problem here? They've capped it. You can't earn above a cap (which is in no way generous), so you're still not being rewarded for playing and with the loss of potentialy hundreds of thousdands of AD a day from leadership armies, people are going to be peeved.

If they remove the cap, then probem solved - bots can't take advantage of dungeons or pvp or the lvl 70 skirmishes because it's too easy to get killed without intelligent interaction. And pvp, you don't get rewards if you dont score any points - so again, bots can't really do much with it. So why cap it?

Three claims... each claim fails and you just cant see it or can you, :* .

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Skip
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    rodandog said:

canmann said:

2000+ Ghost Story instances.... yup fight them bots.....

Leadership change fixed them right up

You an others seem to think the ad was changed because bots, if people stopped purchasing all the bots HAMSTER off the ah an actually earned their items the bots wouldnt be in business, the ad's /leadership was stopped because of multi account an leadership farmers, all that have more then one account should be banned, as well as these people who have wrecked the economy with their 20/50 chars that do nothing but farm leadership, so get it right before ya blame it all on bots.
    And just who sold those 50 character slots? Why would Cryptic allow 50 characters on an account, hmmm? Maybe a certain Team is even more culpable.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I'm still waiting for the ZAX bomb. You know that's next right?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    If they wanted to fight the botters, they could just tag any large AD transfer through the Auction House with some random grey junk on sale, and set some GMs on it.

Investigate the transaction, and if it can be explained, bann seller and buyer.

If people have to fear losing their accounts over some easy AD, they will stop buying it from botters.
    If the botters can't sell anything anymore, they will move on to another game.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

Counterpoint: those without leadership armies were faced with artificially inflated prices due to said armies. So yeah, they are upset with the leadership armies and what they did to the economy.

Sure, the same way that people who surf all day are upset at "that prick driving a Porsche", who happens to work hard to earn it. Some people chose to run content all day, nothing wrong with that. Others chose to spend a lot of time leveling up leadership (2-3 months per toon) instead of running content during that time.

Leadership has been open to everyone, on an equal footing, since the game started. There is nothing fair about removing it's key benefit just because some "have" and some "have not". Same argument as calling people "pay to win" because they actually spend money on the game.

I'm all for a rework (there are lots of good, fair, workable suggestions on the forums), but Cryptic simply took an axe to the whole thing.

Agreed. That said, they could simply limit the number of characters per Account that can Craft.... Easy number is one per class. After all, 8 characters, making 24K AD a day (Not easy to do BTW, especially after the previous changes to Leadership. You have to have prerequisites, and get lucky to have a Epic Task appear to do this, so even then, once the prerequisite materials are gone, you have to spend time getting more.) is only 192K AD.... Given the amount of time, money & AD you have to spend to get 8 characters to capable of maxing out the number of leadership tasks a day to get to there.

Currently, the Armies can still get tons of stuff to sell on the AD....

Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Agreed. That said, they could simply limit the number of characters per Account that can Craft.... Easy number is one per class. After all, 8 characters, making 24K AD a day (Not easy to do BTW, especially after the previous changes to Leadership. You have to have prerequisites, and get lucky to have a Epic Task appear to do this, so even then, once the prerequisite materials are gone, you have to spend time getting more.) is only 192K AD.... Given the amount of time, money & AD you have to spend to get 8 characters to capable of maxing out the number of leadership tasks a day to get to there.

Sure, that would be a solution that most players would find reasonable. There have been other solutions proposed that also limit AD from leadership to the number of toons that are actually played. There are many ways that Leadership could have been changed without severely upsetting the paying customers (in addition to upsetting the F2P players and bot owners).

I have 14 toons (most but not all of which I played heavily at one time or another). If only 8 could earn AD from Leadership, I would think "OK, not optimal, but fair enough."

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I spent the last year leveling leadership... and for what? It serves no purpose for me now, and have I received any form of compensation? Nope. And I never did dailies anyways so now I make a fat whopping 0 AD a day (except the pidly invoke)

Its obvious they want me to just buy zen and convert... but I wont do it, I'll quit long before I do that.
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    It's rather sad that the bots are still here. But what can one expect from people who are darn near professionals at this sort of thing. Hand-wave nonsense actions aren't going to fix something or stop someone this committed to gaming the system. Especially when they will be more than happy to crash this game and move on to another one.