test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 70 gear ignorance

poopoomcmuffnspoopoomcmuffns Member Posts: 729 Arc User
People, stop trying to beat t1 lvl 70 dungeons wearing lvl 60 gear, and complaining that its too hard when you cant kill the first boss. Go buy the eternal set or pvp gear. Thank you that is all.
Guardian-3150 IL warlock

Comments

• xnelsonx94xnelsonx94 Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do i queue for epic dungeons?
  • batdriven#5792 batdriven Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    lol, I love how everyone thinks PvP gear is the most greatest thing since sliced bread... there ARE builds, for which PvP gear is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. thanks, over and out.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    The folk I see constantly dying are those who reckon they knew better and were still running with their mod 5 epic gear, it sucks in mod 6 there is no other way to put it.

Eternal has been awesome and thanks Devs for throwing that lifeline out there until we get our new gear in fact I like it that much I am not swapping out until I have a full set ready to go :)

Scared I might lose any set bonuses, unless of course someone here knows better and has started to replace the gear.
    Would welcome input from anyone who has :)
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User

lol, I love how everyone thinks PvP gear is the most greatest thing since sliced bread... there ARE builds, for which PvP gear is HAMSTER. thanks, over and out.

Funny you should mention that, seeing as how the burning set is better then 95% of the gear in the game. You won't even have access to that other 5% that's a tad better for quite awhile.. Soooo yeah it's BIS currently.

Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

mahburg said:

The folk I see constantly dying are those who reckon they knew better and were still running with their mod 5 epic gear, it sucks in mod 6 there is no other way to put it.

Eternal has been awesome and thanks Devs for throwing that lifeline out there until we get our new gear in fact I like it that much I am not swapping out until I have a full set ready to go :)

Scared I might lose any set bonuses, unless of course someone here knows better and has started to replace the gear.
    Would welcome input from anyone who has :)

For PVE you will want to swap the eternal set for the alliance set as you get it, there are no set bonus, just raw stats. Just one piece of t1 set added 500 or so arp and 400 or so crit over the burning pvp set i had, which the burning pvp set was loads better than the eternal set.

Thanks for that duly noted will tell my Guildies as well :)

Love this place :)
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2015

lol, I love how everyone thinks PvP gear is the most greatest thing since sliced bread... there ARE builds, for which PvP gear is HAMSTER. thanks, over and out.

I've lost 1,000 power just by slotting two pieces of Burning PVP equipment just to see how things feel. Sure I've gained back just over 1,000 tenacity but still.. I feel it quite a bit.. :/

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
    edited September 2015

Funny you should mention that, seeing as how the burning set is better then 95% of the gear in the game. You won't even have access to that other 5% that's a tad better for quite awhile.. Soooo yeah it's BIS currently.

For the hit points sure, but as far as DPS goes it takes a huge chunk away. And depending on what set you choose your recovery is going to go down to nill as well, outside of getting it from stones and artifacts. Using other other Burning set with recovery only takes away even more of your DPS powers.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I've been salvaging my old gear as I run across better gear.. but I'm level 69 now and nothing has come close to overpowering my dragon templar gear yet.
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    @thefiresidecat are you sure? I know that on my TR I found a good bit of gear "better" then my DT set. Mainly for the simple reason that it adds a HAMSTER ton more HP. So I hope you are looking at individual stats of that new gear, MAINLY HP, and not the Item Level. Looking at Item Level is not going to fair too well!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    patsfire said:

@thefiresidecat are you sure? I know that on my TR I found a good bit of gear "better" then my DT set. Mainly for the simple reason that it adds a HAMSTER ton more HP. So I hope you are looking at individual stats of that new gear, MAINLY HP, and not the Item Level. Looking at Item Level is not going to fair too well!

nope, just haven't gotten anything better, quite literally. hoping something turns up.. blue stuff on the auction is better but SO expensive for blue. hoping to farm some off the dragons.

Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    So many people wearing level 60 gear @ 70. There are better green items than that if you don't have the fangs for eternal set. Go buy the exquisite belt, rings, and neck of piercing/recovery, even if it's not the slotted version, they're cheap, like 20k each. And shirts/pants too. It's a huge upgrade from your personalized level 60 rings. And give some to your ioun stone. And dont queue for dungeons until then lol. Hell, you can but cheap rare gear in the AH for 1-2k a piece way better than level 60 gear, doesnt have to be level 70...
  • fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Only thing still level 60 on me is my rings, my artifact belt (greater belt too expensive right now) and my shirt and pants (keeping cause of gem slot).

Eternal gear set was great leveling up.
  • daknucklezdaknucklez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    change my gear and still getting one shot,doesnt help they nerf the hell out of the hr too,just not feeling mod 6 so far.to get better gear its going to take so long that i just dont have that kind of time.

change my gear and still getting one shot,doesnt help they nerf the hell out of the hr too,just not feeling mod 6 so far.to get better gear its going to take so long that i just dont have that kind of time.

oh man, Hunter rangers are one of the most useful class's to have in your group mod 6, you guys can put out loads of dps and control the mobs a great deal wich is the most important in this new mod. You can have all the damage in the world but without controling the adds it means nothing. I see alot of cw complaining about there damage too but the things is they bring a huge amount of utility to the group for there control abities and that is INVALUABLE for the party.

On another note, the trapper build is now the new tr in pvp, you have the ability to root enemies players and daze them permanently at the same time.
    TR Smoke Bomb does better in dungeons, easily. A Ranger will trap one enemy while I daze 5, repeatedly. The controlling between one and other is not even close.

oh man, Hunter rangers are one of the most useful class's to have in your group mod 6, you guys can put out loads of dps and control the mobs a great deal wich is the most important in this new mod. You can have all the damage in the world but without controling the adds it means nothing. I see alot of cw complaining about there damage too but the things is they bring a huge amount of utility to the group for there control abities and that is INVALUABLE for the party.

On another note, the trapper build is now the new tr in pvp, you have the ability to root enemies players and daze them permanently at the same time.
    TR Smoke Bomb does better in dungeons, easily. A Ranger will trap one enemy while I daze 5, repeatedly. The controlling between one and other is not even close.

And my ITC can break away from being rooted.

• davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2015

In reading what was done with the HR prior to working the respec, then finally running with it, the so called nerf is not noticeable when you reach lvl 65 abilities. The eternal set is amazing and the armor that drops on Spinward along with the artifact main hand... you forget a nerf was done. The HR is requested in some circles.

Set up the rotation correctly and the enemy will remain rooted till they drop. Giants (two) drop from as little as two rotations.

Now my DC is a different story, going to Fiery I changed to the blue armor offered after completing the prior zone replacing my Beacon two piece. Had the Draconic Templar braces sitting idle so now have the blue armor and DT three piece. Stats are still great but APen did suffer a 1k drop. Don't recall the stats for the blue armor that drops during Spinward but am working towards it cause of how the HR greatly benefited from it.

Not happy about having to farm EXP in prior zone (Reclamation Rock). Could not pick up vigils in Fiery cause I was lvl 63. Sorry to all the peeps dancing in front of me needing healing love. Was on a mission to turn 64 cause I was FULL DPS DC scrapping the forest clean for mad HP and crit. Made short work of the Heroic Land Sharks! I will stay in this mode so I avoid the boring farming in Fiery prior to Spinward. I like Spinward. Inhaling EXP when farming Giants is a blast.
    Post edited by davidagaldo on
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
    Honestly I am thinking that the Paladin is the best, or at least one of the best, classes for this new Mod. I have been destroying everything with my guy, quicker than my TR (Who is a beast) and my GWF.

Just as a reminder, I will say look out for the Paladins!
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    After 17 levels, I had to take a break from it. Not what I expected. It's not a fail, just did not come out the gate like I expected. I am sure the Paladin wakes up at 50.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
    edited September 2015
    IT all depends on what powers you use honestly. I have found a god like rotation that decimates all.

Edit: If you care to take a look: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1204203/oathbound-paladin-powers-and-rotations

They do more damage than every other class aside from gwf and SW.

Funny, not once have I been out DPS'd by a HR since this mod has dropped. The GWF on the other hand has been a different story. Though every one has had the complete Lost set double hitting on crit. I am however flirting with the idea of an OP build as a secondary.

I regret deleting my lvl 60 GWF just before the mod dropped to make space. Smh. I just can't go through the grind again for another one. If I do it's an OP.
    edited September 2015

Just because you haven't been out dpsed by an gt who doesn't know how to use their class doesn't mean you won't be out dpsed by a good one. I know 3 hrs who do an INSANE amount of damage.

Believe me, I've played with great players. Just because you haven't played with a TR that knows how to play his class doesn't mean those INSANE hrs can't be out dps'd by a strong TR still. Especially one with a full Lost set.

@yourenext2die I agree. I know that according to almost everyone the TR is supposed to be a HAMSTER DPS class now. But I have also run with 2 of the best HR I have every played with, both in my guild, and they put up CRAZY numbers. BUT I have always managed to out DPS them. Granted, its not by that much, in ELOL I only beat both of them out by like 2-4mil points. But still.

Also, another guildie who has a beast GWF did actually beat me out on one ELOL run. BUT that was only because I lagged out lol.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Every class has their share of vanity issues; with the TR crowd, however, it's often egomaniacal.
    Well no one looks out for or believes in the TR aside from those who play the TR. If that's what you consider egomaniacal then so be it. I have said before that I see value in every class, but I do enjoy my TR the most. I see nothing but TR haters on this forum and in game, so I am going to stick up for the class I like the most.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User

are you f*cking kidding me?

Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
    I have to agree, how do you think they have nerfed the HR? @daknucklez

I think everyone and their grandmother knows they buffed the h3ll out of the HR lol
    patsfire said:

@daknucklez

I think everyone and their grandmother knows they buffed the h3ll out of the HR lol

Understatement.

there are always some people that can out DPS some other people. I'm sure you have out DPS'd everyone in some of your dungeons as well. The fact is, there are some people who can play their class better than others. And until those people actually go head to head, no one can say that one ENTIRE class can out DPS any other ENTIRE class. As I have said, my TR is still out DPSing every HR/GWF/SW you name it. And I mean these guys I play with are beasts at their classes. BUT I just know how to play my class well enough to still be at the top of the DPS.

So, it all comes down to whether or not the person knows how to play their class.
  • caharan25caharan25 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    This happens a lot. I also see DC's doing the leave if it's not the final boss fight and re queue bit again. Then it kills a run entirely because we get tired of waiting for it to replace... its faster to leave and queue half the time
    Elle ~ HR ~ Q-SNIPE