test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why i agree with the changes in AD

ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm a casual player. I have 2 characters like the average player and i make like 1million+ AD per month playing. Overall i managed to get decent iL and not near BiS but it doesnt matter because i can still keep up. So why are you complaining with all this AD changes? i think you just get used to get BiS easily and in a mmorpg it shouldnt be like that. I hope that with this changes ppl with leadership armies stop getting insane( yes, insane) ammounts of ADs so we the REAL casual players can buy things in the auction market at a reasonable price and not at the ridicoulous prices that exist right now. If cryptic think about decreasing the prices in zen store it would be nice because i dont think any normal person spending 2k to get BiS for a couple of months. So i think that this patch will be very useful for a large portion of players and sorry if you cant be BiS anymore without throwing some cash but thats the way i think it should be. I hope that the economy changes and the prices get lower so the ammount of ADs you can make actually playing( leadership its not really playing the game) really matter and because of that we all can get better items.

Comments

• Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    People with Leadership armies are not the problem though. They are not the games problem. People with leadership armies do not have all mythic gear, rank 12s, all legendary companions and every mount in game.

THOSE are the people who dominate every PvP match you do.

It's not a person with a leadership army that can stand toe to toe with all 10 people of the opposing team in GG.

It's not a person with a leadership army that ranks the top of the PvP ladder never having lost a match...

Those are exploiters who have had everything in game since before it went live, who have billions and billions of AD spread across multiple accounts and characters, who have thousands upon thousands of dollars of Zen from selling AD spread across multiple accounts and characters.

Taking out leadership AD armies will not stop those people in any way shape or form. It's just making sure nobody can ever catch up to them.

Trust me, I have people in my guild who have massive leadership armies, are they better geared then I am with my 8 toons, hell yeah. But ya know what? Even with a huge AD income, they are nowhere near all rank 12s and mythic gear.
  • Options
    The problem is that these guys that already have everything in the game are just a few. And the goal of the leadership armies is keeping up with them. So if people cant keep up with them nobody will buy anything at the actual prices making the low ammount of ADs you have more valuable. At the end of the day i think the majority of the players will be benefitiated.
  • Options
    But no leadership army can never do that. And I am very sorry to inform you of this, but it is way more then "Just a few" who have done this.

Now if they were to do this along with universally lowering AD costs and sinks. I would not have a single complaint. Because that would help the little guy catch up to the big dogs in the game. But unless there's been a lot of dev posts that I have missed. That isn't happening.

So again, all taking leadership out of the game will do is make sure the have's continue to have and that the have nots have yet another way not to join them.

Like I said, I have a friend with a large leadership army (40+ toons) and I honestly don't know how he does it.

I also can tell you that while he is better geared than I am, he isn't THAT better geared.

I have rank 8's and 9s, he has rank 10's and 11's. We've both been playing honestly since beta.

I feel for the new comers to the game. You will NEVER be able to catch up to me and him, nevertheless the people who have cheated their way to the top.
  • Options
    S
    ogarious said:

But no leadership army can never do that. And I am very sorry to inform you of this, but it is way more then "Just a few" who have done this.

Now if they were to do this along with universally lowering AD costs and sinks. I would not have a single complaint. Because that would help the little guy catch up to the big dogs in the game. But unless there's been a lot of dev posts that I have missed. That isn't happening.

So again, all taking leadership out of the game will do is make sure the have's continue to have and that the have nots have yet another way not to join them.

Like I said, I have a friend with a large leadership army (40+ toons) and I honestly don't know how he does it.

I also can tell you that while he is better geared than I am, he isn't THAT better geared.

I have rank 8's and 9s, he has rank 10's and 11's. We've both been playing honestly since beta.

I feel for the new comers to the game. You will NEVER be able to catch up to me and him, nevertheless the people who have cheated their way to the top.

So the problem is PvP we all know that. Devs just have to bring an improved matchmaking system so you can fight people with similar iL. This way it wont matter how you got your items because all will be in same conditions. Do the same with guild PvP( taking average iL and give some consideration to range from the average to the higher and lower iL). And of course give the possibility that if you want to face a guild and you dont care about what iL you or they have you can play with them anyways.
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    it isn't just the leadership there also cutting the ad from dailies almost in half and then adding on an 8 to 24 hour grind to get the extra bonus ad just to get even with what we have now that can be done in hour and 40 min max.

I sure as hell am not going to grind ad for 8 to 12 hours a day just to get what I get in under 2 hours now.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    The problem with that is I don't think they know how to Ibarenas... We've been trying to get something like that in game for a long time, and it just never seems to happen.

But your incorrect in thinking that the issues are just PvP. If I was a PvE player and I grouped with someone and saw them wiping the floor and having their way with every monster in the dungeon, then I look at their gear and see that they have all rank 12s and legendary stuff. Then I say. I WANT THAT!

Then I find out in order to get that I have to fork out anywhere from $8k to $24k (Depending on who you talk to and what number crunching they've done). And you decide, I am NOT spending that amount of money on the game. Lets see what I can do in game....Oh wait. there's no way in game to ever reach them. The game's been out 2 to 3 years and it would take me 20 years to get there?

At that point I don't see too many people saying "oh well, it is what it is" I see more people saying "F@#! that!! I'm out"

Which means that the community is not going to grow. THAT is why this worries me. I cant see a reason why a new player, once they've seen the ugly truth, would want to stay in game.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    So is it leadership earning AD that your against or leadership armies that your against? Because it is two very different things. I for example have 9 characters. Each one was built with the intention of playing with. Now with the cost of artifact equipment and artifacts I cannot play them and have thus retired them. I do however use them for leadership because it helps fund the only character I can maintain.

If your anti leadership armies this change does not address that directly. It addresses leadership and leadership armies indirectly.
  • Options
    putzboy78 said:

So is it leadership earning AD that your against or leadership armies that your against? Because it is two very different things. I for example have 9 characters. Each one was built with the intention of playing with. Now with the cost of artifact equipment and artifacts I cannot play them and have thus retired them. I do however use them for leadership because it helps fund the only character I can maintain.

If your anti leadership armies this change does not address that directly. It addresses leadership and leadership armies indirectly.

If your asking me, then....neither.

Leadership armyies are nothing more then the general player base's way to keep up with all the exploiters that have gotten insane amounts of zen and AD over the years that this game has been live.

My issues is against taking away ways for those who are new or not as invested in the game from catching up to us who are.

FYI- I have 1 level 60 to 70 for every class and all of them are close to max'd out on leadership, if not at 25 already.

I use leadership as much for refinement items as for Astral Diamonds. But I DO use them for AD.

8 to 10 toons is not a leadership army, in my mind or in Cryptics. They are aiming this at people who have 30+ toons who do leadership. But as someone who has several friends who do that.....I can tell you. They are not breaking the game.

Game's already been broke by reasons I have stated above and in other threads. I'll save you from the wall of text and just ask you to scroll up a bit and read my other posts.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    ibarenas said:

The problem is that these guys that already have everything in the game are just a few. And the goal of the leadership armies is keeping up with them. So if people cant keep up with them nobody will buy anything at the actual prices making the low ammount of ADs you have more valuable. At the end of the day i think the majority of the players will be benefitiated.

This is only relevant if AD sinks are decreased. If GMoPs sit at 85k then it doesn't really matter.

it isn't just the leadership there also cutting the ad from dailies almost in half and then adding on an 8 to 24 hour grind to get the extra bonus ad just to get even with what we have now that can be done in hour and 40 min max.

I sure as hell am not going to grind ad for 8 to 12 hours a day just to get what I get in under 2 hours now.

Not to mention daily caps on rAD you can earn : |

Cryptic trying to present this as some way to increase the AD you can gain from playing the game is ridiculous.
    I8r4ux9.jpg