What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat - If not now... never?

2»

Comments

• Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Yeah, it is laughably bad when Tier 4 is locked. I did two Tiamat runs yesterday at Tier 3. Both were train wrecks. One group did not get the black head all the way down on the first go. What?! The second did not get halfway through green on the first run. I ran out both times because there was a zero chance of winning those matches. I am not angry, however, because I have lots of Linu's favors and I do not need to run it. I will simply wait for Tier 4 before trying again. I am at work and can't check right now -- did it hit Tier 4?
    I believe that 80% of players attempting Tiamat are complete buffoons, especially the ones with under 5% RI in armour pen. Just did a run in there and at least 10 people went to green straight out of the gate (I went to blue). We get to the first run at the dragon heads and black goes down with no problem, then everyone gets wiped by the green head as not one person has a green gem it would seem........not one. So of the 10 people that went to that head at the start not one picked up a gem Why do these people even bother?

• Options
    nathan30420nathan30420 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ok I wasn't even gonna post cause I've got the 95 favors I need and will never do Tiamat again but someone has to say it.
    #1 astral
    #2 astral
    #3 astral
    #4 green gem

1-3 If u use astral on the heads u will lose unless Ur group is very very good. Don't care what anyone says it kills the group dps. If u can't see it u are blind. I've seen this so many times it's absurd. Ever notice when that junk cleric is not at the head or dies u have plenty of dps but when that yellow circle goes down the hp bar stops going down? Well that's why!!!

#4 if I don't have a green gem don't go running up to the green head. If u get there before the peeps with the gem u will wipe before they can put it down.

That's the reasons I have lost 90% of the time if u don't believe me I don't care I'll never run it again.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Well.. astral seal is the ability in question. What you are talking about with a yellow circle is astral shield. 2 entirely different things.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    If you're good enough you should be able to get a time to go in. I beat tiamat multiple times daily, and so does our group. On tier 1 up to tier 4.
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    There's already a drop off in tiamat participation as many of the more active players are done.

Considering how challenging it is to the community now, the increase in difficulty post-mod 6, and considering I'm done with all Linu's plus enough for my cloak (and then some), I have absolutely no desire to ever set foot in the Tiamat instance again unless there is a new suite of rewards available.

I'm confident I'm not the only one that has this perspective either....

To those who plan on farming Tiamat post-mod 6, good luck.
  • Options
    ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Surely the solution for the gem issue is for a counter to appear to say how many gems have been picked up? As you cannot group up and plan things this would atleast help in knowing which gems have been picked up?

Also agree with the timer issue, 10 seconds from 2 minutes is alot!
  • Options
    dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Beating Tiamat is impossible. No matter how many times I try, the Group just can't do it. First, it starts when people are just standing there not knowing they should choose a color. There should be five teams of 5 but they just don't know it and run around. Beating the summoners is OK, beating Severin is OK, the problems rise when we should defend the clerics. It's usually a lengthy process because people run around aimlessly not knowing what to do. People die and then just stand there at the respawn point. There should be 25 people fighting but usually just 15-20 people are, the rest just stand there doing nothing.

Then when we finally should fight the heads, it really seems people don't know what to do. They don't use dragon souls, the whole party attacks only one head, you can see on the health bars that only one head is attacked. There's simply no time for this. And when we have to defend the clerics again it's clear that the fight is lost. Some people quit and the rest just run around aimlessly or running from the enemies because the fewer we are the more easily we die.

So yes it's impossible.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    It all happens to depend on your entry time AND the Tier level, even players done with their boons hop in when the Tier says 4, fully knowing that a real problem, like the previous poster said, are people not knowing what they do.

Tiamat is out since a month or so? on Xbox, people should at least know what to do, they should stay away from the temple doors for good if they dont know their role.

Problem no1 still is when a lot of 10k players with wrongly skilled chars enter, not saying 10k are bad but you know the point.

still needing several Tiamat runs on my alts(TR needs 6, DC needs 5, GWF needs 11 or so) and I will for sure make it through with all :)
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Beating Tiamat is impossible. No matter how many times I try, the Group just can't do it. First, it starts when people are just standing there not knowing they should choose a color. There should be five teams of 5 but they just don't know it and run around. Beating the summoners is OK, beating Severin is OK, the problems rise when we should defend the clerics. It's usually a lengthy process because people run around aimlessly not knowing what to do. People die and then just stand there at the respawn point. There should be 25 people fighting but usually just 15-20 people are, the rest just stand there doing nothing.

Then when we finally should fight the heads, it really seems people don't know what to do. They don't use dragon souls, the whole party attacks only one head, you can see on the health bars that only one head is attacked. There's simply no time for this. And when we have to defend the clerics again it's clear that the fight is lost. Some people quit and the rest just run around aimlessly or running from the enemies because the fewer we are the more easily we die.

So yes it's impossible.

Beating tiamat is far from impossible, it's just not worth the effort until reaching tier 4 (tier 3 is hit or miss) when the bigger players plus added boosts make failing a real effort. I wouldn't put much stock into defending the clerics, it's the easiest aspect of tiamat and also the most tedious as even a bad group can get 3 runs at the dragon heads if enough people stick around. As for everyone attacking 1 head, that's the method used.....black to white, until all 5 are somewhere between 15-25% health.

Aside from incorrect gem usage destroying a good run, the sad truth is that if the first dragon head isn't taken down within the first 40-50 seconds you can almost rest assured that the group doesn't have the DPS to take down tiamat and you are otherwise wasting the next 15 minutes of your life....that's why so many hit the exit door.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've run Tiamat about 6 times in the last 2 days at tier 2 and have had a 50% success rate. The failures are down to those listed above. My last 10 at tier 4 had an 80% success but it looks like there's a slowdown with people donating coffers this week.

I still need 7 Linu's Favors so I'l keep on but I am noticing that certain times of the day are better than others.

I'm in the EU time zone (gmt+2) and around 10-11am I nearly always get a win but a couple of hours later I nearly always get a lose so I'm guessing it's about the age of those playing. At 10am its around midnight+ in the US so it's mostly the older players on and it's too early for kids in the UK to be online (8-9am).

Older players tend to think more about what they are doing and are less likely to go into Tiamat too early with low spec characters. I.e. better prepared and better understand what to do.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Tier 4 reached 2 for 2 this morning if you need Favors get them before the reset !!
  • Options
    tried again, failed again. i have yet to get a win around this time of day (11:00 AM central)
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • Options
    How many linus do you need to get your mod 6 stuff? I've only got 29!
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Same prices they currently are. They will just be level 70.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    Sorry about the way I put it across, I meant what gear will an HR need to buy with linus? So I can work out how many I would need

Thanks
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    You should only need 15 Linus for your cloak. I believe you get main and off hand thru quests. As far as gear that would be in place of the templar set, I'm guessing the prices will remain the same, but will probably be a different set. You can probably check to confirm in the pc section of these forums.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    bronitazbronitaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Remember how it used to be when people were new to Tiamat? They'd form 5 rows and fight the summoners separately. Well, now we just do the whole Red + Blue and then diverge from there.

What I don't get is - why aren't we still lining up in the very beginning JUST TO LET PEOPLE KNOW what gem you're gonna pick up? That way EVERYONE gets a gem yah? And no one will take too many of the same gems. I think that if you guys spread the word in Zone chat and yell it out in Say way more people are going to follow the trend. We're all in this to win. The most important thing in Tiamat are gems. Gems Gems Gems. And most of our fails are: People don't pick up blue or white, or people don't pick up GREEN (For some weird reason it's usually the most picked up).

If you just line up JUST to let people know what gem you're taking, you can then continue running to the middle and jumping if you're Clerik/ROgue to save time, or running around to the other side.

As for Tiamat as a whole? I've got about 30 pine cones, I'm gonna need 50 more. Tiamat has gotten sooo dumb and shiiitty that I think I'll just buy my 50 pinecones with dragon hoard pouches. I'll still run, once in a while, when all the kids are asleep (Because how many underaged HAMSTER users are there?). The best time to run is definitely after 9 p.m. when all the 8 year olds are asleep, or so we hope. Half the losses you get during the day time is KIDS who don't even read the zone chat. I swear....

The first time I ever played I beat Tiamat on my 10k GS HAMSTER Rogue. Why did I beat it? Other than luck and having a good team, I /read the freakign zone chat/ and did as they said. People, as a whole, are too stupid or overwhelmed to read. So... intelligence increasing with age - age doesn't have a bedtime, play at night people. :)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I always get gold on my runs but today I had MAJOR lag and was rubber banding all over the place, I actually walked off the edge a couple of times!

I thought "I'll try to contribute by firing as many heals as possible and hope it makes a difference".

The funny part is that we won and I still got gold - lol.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    caharan25caharan25 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    The stronger more active players are still doing tiamat. We just got tired of trash/trolls/people with no sense wasting our time so we go in together. Go in with people you dont have to worry about and your problems are solved. Pick a time to go in. Tell your guild so you all know when to enter and with a little luck most of you end up together.
    Elle ~ HR ~ Q-SNIPE
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Finally done with GWF, had boons done but went back and banked another 15 for cloak. Now just need 13 for DC to finish boons. Hopefully we hit tier 4 early this time since its the last time for easy street.
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    yeah, the scoring system is broken, honestly when I´m on my healer I place top 3 all the time without AS at all but last time I only scored 521 points I mean wtf :) even happened when streaming haha
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

The scoring system is a joke. I've found that I tend to get a higher score the less I contribute....

• Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I always get gold on my runs but today I had MAJOR lag and was rubber banding all over the place, I actually walked off the edge a couple of times!

I thought "I'll try to contribute by firing as many heals as possible and hope it makes a difference".

I reckon we were in the same instance I got lagged off 5 times funniest thing was on the last one I was lagged off into the Lava floated in mid air and was lagged back to under the head so I could carry on hitting the dragons head lol
    Rubber banding everywhere

It looked like we weren't doing much DPS due to the lag then the head would just drop to 10% all of a sudden, ended up with the win lol
    Weirdest run I ever had
  • Options
    coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well, if after this patch goes through and Mod6 goes live...if it is anything like what the (PC) situation is with Mod6...we will be in for a very big change from play-styles as we are used to. If we were struggling with Tiamat now, We are in for a big eye opener with not just with Tiamat, but all the campaign zones as we know them now. We will have to just wait and see...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    colier said:

Well, if after this patch goes through and Mod6 goes live...if it is anything like what the (PC) situation is with Mod6...we will be in for a very big change from play-styles as we are used to. If we were struggling with Tiamat now, We are in for a big eye opener with not just with Tiamat, but all the campaign zones as we know them now. We will have to just wait and see...

I believe that now Tiamat should require level 70 and a total item level of 1800 to enter. I haven't read the full patch notes to make sure, but that's requirements for PC.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

colier said:

I believe that now Tiamat should require level 70 and a total item level of 1800 to enter. I haven't read the full patch notes to make sure, but that's requirements for PC.
    i just finished skimming them, and that is correct.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • Options
    salacious66salacious66 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Across characters ranging from 15.1k (and really not clear why my SW is that low when I inspect others but no matter) to 13.7k GF and then my 11.7k DC I've beaten Tiamat at tier 1-4 well over 130 times so far from impossible. Inability to know when to use a gem is main fail reason followed by giving up post phase 1 to easily - if you made it to red at least by end of phase 1 then can be done as travel time in phase 2 is lot lower. I have disconnected once in a winning run and fortunately only seen 1 black head glitch.

Many simply don't seem to know when to use black and white gems although they're not critical but on rare occasions cause a fail and the red depends on other factors (soulforged, can make the jump or when to jump down if you have to run and how many red gems in the raid). Blue and green are the main fail reasons if there is enough dps. If you need a healing cleric or tank to manage clerics then I view it as a fail - I gimped my tank and dc to max ARP so they could at least contribute a degree of dps - not as much as my SW by a long way but dps on heads is what counts - if the raid can't manage the cleric phase without cleric heals and tanks then it's a pointless 20 minutes.

And the scoreboard means squat - my cleric with 11.7k Gs and not even chucking out healing spells but due to his feats doing lots of healing was no1 in his first 3 runs - my SW is usually top 6 (any place) but TT on the cleric phase will get you that and means nothing.

Anyway level 70 is now required so I guess we can wait til enough people can run it again and hopefully it won't be item level whatever people running with 30% RI (as I've seen more than a few 16k+ GS with around 13-15% total RI).