test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Promised LVL 60 artifact quest (Vault of 9) - Plz fix it - (IWD irrelevent) Put NPC in PE maybe?

Comments

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    This really sucks, I leveled 2 extra DC's to 60 just to rob them of the sigils (on XB1 btw) and since we are getting EE in a week, I was hoping for the quest to be available for 60's by then...

On another note, great timing with XB1 and Rise of Tiamat...
    Yaaay, we're getting our off-hand artifact, followed by a x2 refine weekend, aaaaand then next week announce that, "Oh, btw in a month all your artifact equipment is only food for the new one. We forgot to mention that until after you guys had bought blood rubies for your new gear"
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I dont want to start another flame war about how long will it take.But please search it ask on other resources.Talk with older players.That quest is still easier to access to its original state.I dont mind it if they change the quest and make it even easier.But then I will get 4-5 of those artifacts(Since I have 6 level 60+ and got 4 of their artifacts in this open season) and wont pay anything to get those artifacts from lockboxes which really feeds the zen circulation all by itself in this game

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    Let me try to explain the difference.

Before: 2 characters reaches 60 AND 2 characters need to have enough boon from either Dread Ring or Sharanadar. After that, they can reach IWD. Then, they can talk to the guy. Then, you can try to get the Sigil.

Now: 2 characters reaches 70. After that, they can reach IWD. Then, they can talk to the guy. Then, you can try to get the Sigil.

The difference:
    2 characters need to have enough boon from either Dread Ring or Sharanadar.
    vs
    2 characters reaches 70.

Personally, I hate the first one more because the first one takes a long time and you cannot do more even if you work hard because it is capped what you can advance per day. Of course, if you are willing to pay to buy something to by pass that, it is different story.

Unless you are willing to pay, for the first one, you have to work in order to go to IWD. That is the grinding.
    The 2nd one, you can leave that character as is and just do invocation and leadership. They will eventually reach level 70.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited September 2015

only the first char had to have the boons. point invalid

Not in the beginning. Your 2nd level 60 character could not reach IWD without the boon before. Before means mod 4/5. Having just a 2nd level 60 character WAS NOT enough. They messed up a lot of things in mod 6.

That was the reason why that took me forever to get my first Sigil. Not because of the 2nd character not reaching level 60. That took may be a week. It was the boons for the 2nd characters that took forever back then.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lapsaulapsau Member Posts: 11 Arc User

dsn1118 said:

I kill SWs in PVP with just boons activation.I raise my shield and sit there while my boon kicks in and hit 20k each time

All tremble before DSN and his/her wicked boons!
    LOL
    zemnod said:

That's totally irrelevant, we are talking about the sigils here, you could still get your artifact then grind your boons and get to level 70.

Is there a "missing the point" boon I don't know about -- apparently it works really well in PVP...

Also - I don't see this thread any more either - I had to go to my past posts to access it because it is not showing up on the forum.

dsn1118 said:

Because it is also another HAMSTER-up from the team who made Elemental Evil.

Taken from Wiki:
    The Vault of the Nine will only be available when an account has two or more characters that has accessed Icewind Dale. This currently means reaching level 60 and visiting Caer-Konig with both characters. Despite what Jarlaxle Baenre may say, no campaign boons are required.

I hope this is self-explanatory enough

Note:Sorry for the early comments that might come as an insult.I didnt see that most of you dont understand that Vault of the Nine quest requires 2 toons that is able to enter IWD.Quest itself has no ties to any level, boon or other stuff.You just have to be able to enter IWD with 2 toons

Come on man, get real, you know as well as I do that the leveling grind from 0-60 is nothing compared to the 60-70. There is no reason not to give it at 60 besides the fact that they just decided to make IWD 70 only. Hell for all that matters they could leave it 60 and if you want to bang your head against a wall go right ahead and try quests there. All this does however is push people away from ever getting their sigil (on a character that isn't their main) or from even making additional characters to get to that level. I don't plan on leveling my secondary characters past 60 in any case because of the sheer time requirements for 60-70, I guess that after hitting 60 it will be months of invoking before I get sigils on them. Oh well, sucks that I only started playing recently. Same to any other newer players, should have joined earlier.
    THIS 100%

I received a quest with my main char that I could get artifacts/sigils if I levelled 2 characters to level 60. I had never any intention of making a second character but with a tasty treat like this promised I thought what the Hell - may as well. I dutifully levelled my 2nd character to 60 BECAUSE of the quest that promised me a reward on levelling 2 characters to 60 with NO mention of Icewind dale anywhere in that quest - just that I had to get 2 characters to level 60. I got to level 60 and found that that the quest could not be finished as promised. I found out by asking people - who had also found out the hard way because the game content still says "level 2 characters to 60" and does not in any place tell me I have to do more than that. Nothing DSN has had to say is even relevent to those facts as far as I can see.

I am like you - I have no intention of grinding my 2nd character to level 70 -- I wouldn't have even made it had I known I had to get to level 70 because the levelling from 60-70 is a total ballache. Maybe we will get our rewards for Christmas if we invoke dutifully each day....or the situation is properly resolved.
  • zemnodzemnod Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I mean yeah, you could just say I don't want a second character just give me the opportunity to get my sigil for the character I legitimately leveled to 70 but no, let's put an irrelevant dude in a map the second character can't reach because, for months, we've thrown enough sigils out there, punish the new players.
    Petrichor DC - Ailora GWF - Zemnod TR - Petrisalt HR - Vailana CW - Seline OP
    <Saints of Hope>
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Yes this is a real and disappointing problem that I came here just to mention. Im glad to see others think so as well. Just because 'you got yours' doesn't mean it isnt disappointing for others that have come behind.

I got mine, as far as the quest goes. I was however waiting for a friend to get her 2nd char to lvl 60 as was offered by the in game quest. She happens to have a job, and so didn't lvl as fast as I did. So for that she gets the bait and switch in the game when it finally comes to what was offered as christmas for our characters which we have been playing mostly together.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dsn1118 said:

Those campaign zones were-are the next step after reaching top level.And that level is what.Yes you are correct .70.Now they finally fixed that mistake.Welcome to all so wanted bug free Neverwinter Online

and THOSE SIGILS ARE THE PART OF IWD and endgame that means they are level 70 item now so they are not going anywhere

And sigil quest is this.You have to have 2 character able to enter IWD.Not level 60 70 or 80.Tomorrow they might say you have to finish entire Sharandar to go IWD

This is incorrect. They purposefully left the campaign zones open to level 60s, it was no bug. People questioned it at the beginning of Mod6, and the devs added verbiage that the zones may be "Too difficult" for level 60s, but they purposefully did not close it.

So this was no bugfix, but an off the wall, no-notice given, rule change. Similar to the way they changed core PVP rules without even noting it in the patch notes. The devs are on drugs and just doing whatever.

Perhaps the devs have a certain number of required code changes per week. That might explain some of the anarchy that I see every week in this game.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    If someone intended to play a class, they would have no issue with having to level to 70. You need to get to 70 for your artifact weapons anyways. The sigil will just have to wait till 70 with the artifact weapons. The campaign areas were always meant for level 70. They should have sealed it off on day-one. You can't do anything in there until maybe 67 or 68. There is only frustration if you go there earlier. Leveling 1-60 is a walk in the park compared to 60-70. The people who are upset with this loophole getting closed are the ones who only wanted to get the DC sigil. They missed the boat. It was worth the effort if you only need to get to 60. But the 60-70 grind is so bad you have to be nuts to do it just for the sigil. This is probably a good change. There are way too many non-DC DPSers out there with mythic DC sigils.
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2015

If someone intended to play a class, they would have no issue with having to level to 70. You need to get to 70 for your artifact weapons anyways. The sigil will just have to wait till 70 with the artifact weapons. The campaign areas were always meant for level 70. They should have sealed it off on day-one. You can't do anything in there until maybe 67 or 68. There is only frustration if you go there earlier. Leveling 1-60 is a walk in the park compared to 60-70. The people who are upset with this loophole getting closed are the ones who only wanted to get the DC sigil. They missed the boat. It was worth the effort if you only need to get to 60. But the 60-70 grind is so bad you have to be nuts to do it just for the sigil. This is probably a good change. There are way too many non-DC DPSers out there with mythic DC sigils.

So you will give back your sigils then right? Do em the hard way by getting them to 70? I bet if Cryptic said they were going to force everyone to level their alts to 70 to take the sigil quest again since they were locking them all again there would be a change in tune and a lot more of those that have them unlocked in here bitching. Even if you kept what you have right now and they just locked all the sigils back up again so you can't get em again until you did the quest again.

As for this being a good change, yea sure if you're of the mindset I have mine HAMSTER you I guess it would be good. That way newer players can't hope of even being able to get the sigils for months while it took what a few weeks even with boon requirements? Wow so if it isn't harder than you had it then it isn't fair and it is a loophole? OK sure it is buddy.

But the 60-70 grind is so bad

I agree with that remark.

So you will give back your sigils then right? Do em the hard way by getting them to 70? I bet if Cryptic said they were going to force everyone to level their alts to 70 to take the sigil quest again since they were locking them all again there would be a change in tune and a lot more of those that have them unlocked in here bitching. Even if you kept what you have right now and they just locked all the sigils back up again so you can't get em again until you did the quest again.

As for this being a good change, yea sure if you're of the mindset I have mine HAMSTER you I guess it would be good. That way newer players can't hope of even being able to get the sigils for months while it took what a few weeks even with boon requirements? Wow so if it isn't harder than you had it then it isn't fair and it is a loophole? OK sure it is buddy.

Yes I would have no issues returning it. I leveled a DC 1-60 during the pre-Stronghold double-XP in three days (which I thought was ridiculous). The DC is now 70, running dungeons, and I am spending resources gearing the toon.

I believe the spirit of the sigils is to reward players playing the class to the end. Not to reward players for playing a class half way mainly to get something to benefit their main toon and alts.
    edited September 2015
    zemnod said:

I mean yeah, you could just say I don't want a second character just give me the opportunity to get my sigil for the character I legitimately leveled to 70 but no, let's put an irrelevant dude in a map the second character can't reach because, for months, we've thrown enough sigils out there, punish the new players.

That dude has always been in IWD. He wasn't moved there just to make it more difficult for new players. The sigil was, and still is, end-game content. There were even more requirements to get to IWD back then. It was to encourage people to actively play more classes to the end.

• boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    I also had no intentions of leveling up other characters because I love playing my CW. Then I heard about this quest and decided what the hell, I'll try out a DC and HR. I spent $50 on a booster and about 30 hours of play time and finally leveled both to 60. No less that 24 hours later this was changed and I can no longer get the Sigil. I'm on Xbox so I don't know how bad leveling 60-70 really is just yet but if it is half as bad as people say then I just wasted a lot of time and money since I will probably not spend more time leveling them to 70.

Very disappointing.

zemnod said:

That dude has always been in IWD. He wasn't moved there just to make it more difficult for new players. The sigil was, and still is, end-game content. There were even more requirements to get to IWD back then. It was to encourage people to actively play more classes to the end.

I am levelling a new main all the way to 70. But I had expected to be able to access the campaign areas like the thousands before me. There were no notices of rule changes (I know people are used to it, but I think they should re-think that.) I could have played harder the day before and been past the mark--it was that close.

I'm going to be a broken record here, but wanted to note that PVP rules changed without patch notes, not even a hazy sentence such as we had here. Shouldn't rules be published so that we know what game we're playing? Shouldn't notice be given of rule changes? And the published rules would then be updated--I just don't get where this game is at. And I've been playing it for a year.

It makes me curse often.

I could have played harder the day before and been past the mark--it was that close.

This is exactly why changes like this one are not announced ahead of time. Everyone leveling, or thinking about leveling, a DC just to get the sigil would get it done before the loophole is closed.

I could have played harder the day before and been past the mark--it was that close.

This is exactly why changes like this one are not announced ahead of time. Everyone leveling, or thinking about leveling, a DC just to get the sigil would get it done before the loophole is closed. Although the patch note did include some vague thing about accessibility to the campaign area, the impact could have been deduced.

This is exactly why changes like this one are not announced ahead of time. Everyone leveling, or thinking about leveling, a DC just to get the sigil would get it done before the loophole is closed.

It wasn't a loophole. It was company policy.
    edited September 2015
    dbl post
  • zemnodzemnod Member Posts: 31 Arc User

who said anything about the DC sigil, say someone has a lvl 70 GWF and wants to get the sigil of gwf, he can't get it because his second toon is not lvl 70.. That's just ugly...
    Petrichor DC - Ailora GWF - Zemnod TR - Petrisalt HR - Vailana CW - Seline OP
    <Saints of Hope>
    edited September 2015

This is exactly why changes like this one are not announced ahead of time. Everyone leveling, or thinking about leveling, a DC just to get the sigil would get it done before the loophole is closed. Although the patch note did include some vague thing about accessibility to the campaign area, the impact could have been deduced.

I'm not levelling a DC. And if they were concerned about the DC Sigil they likely wouldn't have implemented a Snail Mount that does the same thing. You seem very concerned about the "rightness" of this change raining from above.

I wasn't spending a lot of time at 9pm on Wednesday night "deducing" what their meaning was of that Cryptic sentence.
  • gromm1gromm1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    So my toon is lvl70, but I still need 3x boons or is it only level70, because I cant enter IWD with lvl70 toons...

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

You have to have already done the Vo9 quest to have 'friends in high places'

This issue is about people who haven't done the vault of 9 quest at all, and have for example, a lvl 70 char, and a fresh lvl 60 char.

I am one of those noobies who has a level 70 and the artifact quest that says get two characters to level 60. So I went and leveled up my DC to 60 only to find out I now need to get to 70. It's just disappointing and the only real issue I have is the lack of attention to detail on behalf of the developers. If you are making a change, then do a complete job of it. Leaving pieces in game that still refer to 60 is lazy. If you can't do a job right, don't do it at all.

It's not the end of the world, but I did have a few minutes of WTF? Damn it. Son-of-a....

Now, okay fine, guess I work to 70 on another toon before getting that extra artifact on my level 70 CW like I was led to believe I could.

You seem very concerned about the "rightness" of this change raining from above.

Just trying to provide some history of the sigil to explain why the only fix that will be coming is to correct the text in the quest log. The "but the price tag says x" argument won't work. There was an across-the-board price increase and were letting people buy at the old price till now. They just forgot to update the price tag everywhere.

I wasn't spending a lot of time at 9pm on Wednesday night "deducing" what their meaning was of that Cryptic sentence.

That's too bad. They certainly not going to spell everything out.

edited September 2015

You seem very concerned about the "rightness" of this change raining from above.

Just trying to provide some history of the sigil to explain why the only fix that will be coming is to correct the text in the quest log. The "but the price tag says x" argument won't work. There was an across-the-board price increase and were letting people buy at the old price till now. They just forgot to update the price tag everywhere.

That's too bad. They certainly not going to spell everything out.

Already aware of the history, some of which you leave out. But I get it. You're just a jerk.

Already aware of the history, some of which you leave out.

And yet, you seem shocked that the change was made and made a big stink over it.

But I get it. You're just a jerk.

Me? No not really. Well sometimes, when I see people get all indignant and self-righteous when a loophole they tried to use gets cut off.

Already aware of the history, some of which you leave out.

And yet, you seem shocked that the change was made and made a big stink over it.

But I get it. You're just a jerk.

Me? No not really. Well sometimes, when I see people get all indignant and self-righteous when a loophole they tried to use gets cut off.
    My GWF is level 70 now. Can I visit the campaign zones now? Can I do the quest? Only with your permission, sir. I still don't understand your allusion to Devoted Clerics....
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind the change to 70 etc IF the ingame text had all been adjusted.

It's a few simple text updates that would remove a lot of confusion. How anyone forgot to update the quest text (Epic Artifact Equipment) when the requirements were changed I can only imagine...