test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where would you prefer to see Jarlaxe Baenre relocated?

iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
With all the clamor about the Vault of the Nine quest being either inaccessible or mislabeled, perhaps we could give the developers a picture of where we would like to see the quest bestowed in hopes that it is patched soon. If we rally enough votes, maybe our voices will be heard! (maybe...)
"I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5

Where would you prefer to see Jarlaxe Baenre relocated? 82 votes

Keep him him Caer Konig
35%
sockmunkeymynaamsilverkeltdefiantone99tvcityraistlintaomagenubbiesuicidalgodotstarbigamokiraskytowerdaryarrickcase276umschecdnbisonrhoriangeluskikopoptwgoodmandumdragonhammbo1969namelesshero347 29 votes
Driftwood Tavern
21%
karakla1kvetkreatyvesantralafaxabspessentidrkbodhiironzerg79thraexiscaewinplasticbatfatgunsmightyerikssonschoolkid111darkstarrfoffdufistokismetricnlkbane 18 votes
Moonstone Mask
20%
bghostkatamaster81899putzboy78rversantchroococcivordayncesukel0ll13sdiotelpkemi1984zyphicsb44lin0rzemnodtbone2011wbaiiikrzrsmscellablock 17 votes
Whispering Caverns (He is a drow after all...)
9%
sorce#8115taeldornreiwulfferadoengivearandomnameregenerdepile2000wlinaz 8 votes
A new Underdark area in Module 8 (Menzoberranzan?)
3%
ogariousbitt3rnightmar3aulduron 3 votes
Other (Helm's Hold, Vellosk, Chasm, Sharandar, Dread Ring, etc.)
4%
alkemist80boom782blackwidowskisslapsau 4 votes
Who is Jarlaxe Baenre?
3%
hyakusekaihawkeyelurlord283 3 votes

Comments

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    First option should read: "Keep him in Caer-Konig" I'm all thumbs sometimes...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Driftwood Tavern
    Move him back to Neverwinter. Let people pick up the class artifact quests at 60 again. I don't see the harm in that.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Driftwood Tavern
    Bring back the GG area, without the event. Fill it with vampires (so I can finally make a toon named Buffy with the Vampire Slayer title) then put him out on a little island in the lava... It would serve him right and be sorta lore-accurate.
  • zemnodzemnod Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Moonstone Mask
    Why would anyone vote to keep him in Caer-Konig, people have you done EE? it's torture..
    Petrichor DC - Ailora GWF - Zemnod TR - Petrisalt HR - Vailana CW - Seline OP
    <Saints of Hope>
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I want him relocated in my bed.

If that's not an option whispering caverns would be cool. although he doesn't bother me in caer xonig.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    Driftwood Tavern
    zemnod said:

Why would anyone vote to keep him in Caer-Konig, people have you done EE? it's torture..

Why do you have to do EE to reach 70? Invocation and leadership can also lead you to 70 if you hate EE enough.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Keep him him Caer Konig
    Move him in tiamat's temple
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Keep him him Caer Konig

The sigil is for mastering the path of the class. Level 70 is the new goalpost on mastering.jk.lol

while i don't like this, but have to agree with your statement....it's logical.. :neutral:
  • gromme12gromme12 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Keep him him Caer Konig
    Keep it in IWD and remove/make clear requirements to enter IWD... maybe removing Boons/level requirements is good.

..pretty much unrewarding see that others get "for free" all stuff where others grinded hard... but life is not fairplay, BAN life then...
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Keep him him Caer Konig
    zemnod said:

...you can still LShip-lvl your chars if you don't want to EE. The intention of the class artifact unlock IMHO had been - in Mod 3 when it was introduced - to give an upfront advantage to players who have gone all the way with their alts, and an incentive to push on or roll some for those players who didn't/don't. IMHO this is well enough satisfied by having to go to 70. Also, the need to first get the third boon in another campaign has been scrapped in the meantime, which greatly accelerates access to Jarlaxle...

Plus, the Guild Stronghold grind also pours out decent amounts of XP, so in context with the reduced VigiQuest number I'd deem that fair enough...
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I just spent about 20 hours leveling 2 more characters to 60 for this artifact quest so I am going to be incredibly PO if this sticks. No way in hell will I be leveling 3 characters to lvl 70.
    Post edited by boom782 on
  • zemnodzemnod Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Moonstone Mask

zemnod said:

Why do you have to do EE to reach 70? Invocation and leadership can also lead you to 70 if you hate EE enough.
    Yeah? And how much time would that take? Not everyone has that much patience nor time, and it's certainly not how a game should be like, honestly it's not entertaining, it's becoming more like a "job"....
    Petrichor DC - Ailora GWF - Zemnod TR - Petrisalt HR - Vailana CW - Seline OP
    <Saints of Hope>
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Keep him him Caer Konig
    The sentiment is shared by many, but the answer isnt to make certain areas easier, the game needs to re-tool and task every area with a goal of making grind about 50-60% less in all areas.

Only then is the game going to be on the right path.
  • grommi3grommi3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Keep him him Caer Konig

I think what people are failing to realize is the fact that the artifact reward is a level 60 reward - for grinding to 60. Locking IWD till level 70 is fine, it gives people a reason to keep grinding after they get the artifact.

Yes, keep IWD as a reward for getting to level 70, but don't take away our lvl 60 artifact reward. That is just plain mean... I really don't think they will keep it like this, it will be bad for business, people will keep grinding and spend money on XP boosts to get to IWD, but... no one will want to grind on after lvl 60 after finding out they don't get the artifact reward anymore, it's just kind of a slap in the face. Especially after seeing all the other tons of people running around that got the artifact at level 60.

It doesn't matter to me personally other than principle, my chars are all over level 70 anyways, but i sympathize with anyone now who has a level 70 char and a lvl 60 char - but can't do the artifact quest now. (Vault of the 9) when all the three places say you can get it at 60.

The three places: (NpC in IWD - Reward claim box in PE - Quest log)

P.S. - all these people saying 'Keep him in Caer Konig' are people who already HAVE their artifacts and got them at level SIXTY - how cute :neutral:

That is TRUE, we grinded boons to enter IWD, so keep it same way... well, maybe can release it to PE and any "Twink" get good Artifact for play... hmmm.

edited September 2015
    Keep him him Caer Konig
    Why is Jarlaxle should be located.There is nothing wrong with the NPC or quest itself

I posted this another tread also:
    Vault of the Nine quest requires 2 toons that is able to enter IWD.Quest itself has no ties to any level, boon or other stuff.You just have to be able to enter IWD with 2 toons.

There were changes to the requirement to enter IWD beforethis.Some were for our benefit and this is another change which is not to our benefit.Nobody seemed to say anything when quest got easier because of the IWD entry requirements got easier
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    zemnod said:

I've taken 4 characters through EE, back when it was 16 quests per zone. Add to that, the number of guildmates that I've helped through.

So yes. I've done EE. And it sucks. But it's a necessary evil. OOH! That's a better title for Mod 6: "Necessary Evil". :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User

I think what people are failing to realize is the fact that the artifact reward is a level 60 reward - for grinding to 60. Locking IWD till level 70 is fine, it gives people a reason to keep grinding after they get the artifact.

Yes, keep IWD as a reward for getting to level 70, but don't take away our lvl 60 artifact reward. That is just plain mean... I really don't think they will keep it like this, it will be bad for business, people will keep grinding and spend money on XP boosts to get to IWD, but... no one will want to grind on after lvl 60 after finding out they don't get the artifact reward anymore, it's just kind of a slap in the face. Especially after seeing all the other tons of people running around that got the artifact at level 60.

It doesn't matter to me personally other than principle, my chars are all over level 70 anyways, but i sympathize with anyone now who has a level 70 char and a lvl 60 char - but can't do the artifact quest now. (Vault of the 9) when all the three places say you can get it at 60.

The three places: (NpC in IWD - Reward claim box in PE - Quest log)

P.S. - all these people saying 'Keep him in Caer Konig' are people who already HAVE their artifacts and got them at level SIXTY - how cute :neutral:

This is 100% true. I spent $50 even on a booster pack to level up a cleric quickly for the artifact since my main is a CW. What a waste that will be if this doesn't change because I sure do not plan on grinding him to 70. This really sucks.
    edited September 2015
    Keep him him Caer Konig

Fact. if you see another toon running around with sigils all in their belt at level 61, cuz they did it before the patch... and you can't do it till level 70. you are going to be UPSET - lets keep things fair.

Besides, it says in three different places it is a level 60 thing. end of story

If the are going to do this, then they should take away all the artifacts from ANYONE under lvl 70 and make them disappear. how's that? No? Then just fix it with the NPC and make it so we can still get it.

Ok then lets remove entire gear which is farmed by nerfed classes like TRs PVP artifacts because half of TRs only farmed those scenario artifacts because of those insane mod5 damage output or lets remove the AD earned who runs with bug users or those ioun stones when they were dropping like candy because of chest bug.

This idea is just nonsense and probably even you dont believe yourself.Some things change in online games for better or worse.Whether you go on with change or just leave this crappy system and look for better depends on you
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Keep him him Caer Konig

I think what people are failing to realize is the fact that the artifact reward is a level 60 reward - for grinding to 60. [...]

This is only half the truth. It's been a reward for reaching endgame with two chars. Please remember, you had to get to 60, AND to the third boon in one campaign (Shar, DR) with two chars. Now, in Mod 3 when the Vault of the Nine had been introduced, Shar had been a four week grind to unlock the third boon, DR was a wee lighter with 17 days.

Going from 60 to 70 is a comparable amount of grind, and the campaign boons requirement has been abolished.

I don't see the "increased difficulty" ppl are decrying...
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Keep him him Caer Konig
    I did it at lvl 60, but I had to unlock IWD. The quests are labeled lvl 60, bc no one bothered to correct it. They made multiple changes to Sharandar, IWD, ToD. When it gets easier, the ones who grinded more complain, if it gets worse, the one who will have to grind more complain.

To everyone who complains, that it is not fair, that 'long time players ...'. Believe it or not, long time players had to level their first char just like everybody else, without cheap R 5 azure enchants, XP boosts, double XP weekends etc. You cant compare a beta player leveling his 6th alt with a new player leveling his first char. It is not the same and it should not be.

Leveling an alt with xvim set, dragon ring, xp gear, dragonbone or other leveling gear and maybe some R8+ enchants is a walk in the park. If you want to make it really easy, get an ioun stone and give him loyal avenger gear and some R8+. All this things are available to everyone, the only difference is, that long time players paid for it with time and/or money before and newer players have to reach their level.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • lapsaulapsau Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    gromme12 said:

Keep it in IWD and remove/make clear requirements to enter IWD... maybe removing Boons/level requirements is good.

..pretty much unrewarding see that others get "for free" all stuff where others grinded hard... but life is not fairplay, BAN life then...

I don't know about anyone else but I play Neverwinter to get away from real life.....if we are going to compare this game with life then where are all the dragons dammit?
  • lapsaulapsau Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dsn1118 said:

Why is Jarlaxle should be located.There is nothing wrong with the NPC or quest itself

I posted this another tread also:
    Vault of the Nine quest requires 2 toons that is able to enter IWD.Quest itself has no ties to any level, boon or other stuff.You just have to be able to enter IWD with 2 toons.

There were changes to the requirement to enter IWD beforethis.Some were for our benefit and this is another change which is not to our benefit.Nobody seemed to say anything when quest got easier because of the IWD entry requirements got easier

The quest states "get 2 characters to level 60" -- that and that alone. I would say that ties it to levels personally.
    The quest does NOT state "get 2 characters to Icewind Dale".
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Keep him him Caer Konig

Once AGAIN - the NPC, the QUEST LOG, and the REWARD CLAIM AGENT say level SIXTY... COMPRENDE' ????

That's their mistake, they all state 60 where in reality it's all about getting to IWD, and it has always been that way. What they need to change is the quest text to state 70 and not 60.

• dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Driftwood Tavern
    so since mod 6, we've lost most of the dungeons, and now 60's lose the skirmishes, sigils, and campaign dailies that broke up the EE grind. and yes i know that the dailies were hard for the new 60's but they were doable grouped. and a nice break from running in circles doing giant quests in spin.

Keep him him Caer Konig
    Can you please leave that quest and take it from Jarlaxle again with your level 70 character.I wonder what will it say. You keep saying it says level 60 but you are talking about an old quest which is stuck before the rework. What will you do if they finally reset the old quest and repatch the claims agent.Sit there and claim it was saying level 60 and it is your right.Please get over yourself you do not have any rights in this game.They are allowed to change/remove/rework any and every content there is.They can hit one line of command and wipe the entire system and make you do anything from scratch and This is the harsh truth of online gaming.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Keep him him Caer Konig
    I get your point, but they're not gonna do that.

They changed IWD requirement(again), now the quest is not available for lvl 60 people and all they're gonna do about it is change the quest texts.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    Have him turn up as a final turn in for completing Whispering Caverns seems reasonable to me.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Whispering Caves, quest should just show up as soon as you hit level 60.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!