Install Arc

The fix for armor pen in dungeons made them too easy

Comments

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It's definitely growing

http://steamcharts.com/app/109600
  • twgoodmantwgoodman Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Last night during the course of dd hour, a group of 3k players I run with completed MC, VT, eToS, and eLoL. With the vip I have keys coming out of my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I'll take all the free ad from salvage... My guess is cryptic doesn't want another ePK farm again, either they bump up the difficulty or they will...
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    they are in the right place, if you take a full fresh 70 group, they won't be able to do T2, without alot of struggles and challenge.

people saying its too easy are either OPs, or well geared. I find T2s easy now, but my toon is geared with perfect enchants, 5 epic pets etc.

They should just work faster and re-release castle never, and make that BiS hardmode dungeon. And make it so it doesn't drop a higher tier of gear, but something that is boe, so BiS can make AD and have something to do, and the rest won't complain that they can't get the gear.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Last 5 runs Ive done in etos, 2 were easy, no wipes, 2 were darn terrible.. but one of those had two new people and no tank (which I was quite perturbed with (not the no tank part, but new people setting up a t2 , they never ran before and didnt even think about getting one)) and 1 was a mix, got to boss , but lag was a issue.

I think the dds are middle in the way of what they were in mod 5 and what they were in mod 6. A mistake can still kill you (where in mod 5, a 18-20k anything could waltz around and solo most things).

I think the arp fix should've BEEN applied before they messed with anything else (damage, hp wise) that was the mistake, they should've fixed the bug and then re evaluated the dds.

frankly, even about 50% probably posting in this EXACT thread are cheating ECC anyways.. whatever discussion that has to be had about eCC can only be had AFTER its fixed that people cant cheat. Ive seen so many people say , or eCC its easy.. of course it is.. cheaters.

Im not going to comment on hardness or not, I would like to point out that ECC is still being cheated every day, dozens and dozens of cheating runs, and Im sick of it.

It needs to be fixed asap.

I
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

ghoulz66 said:

People still don't get it. OP tanks are OP. OP should not be better than the GF in every regard.

Justice OP tank can replace a healer, and tank 20 at once. Can any GF do that!?

yes i did it before the armor penetration fix on gf 2.1k item level. MY team was 4k cw 3k cw and 3.5k hr we killed the last boss in gray wolf den. AND i used knight valor and healing myself with fighters recovery.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2015

ghoulz66 said:

ghoulz66 said:

People still don't get it. OP tanks are OP. OP should not be better than the GF in every regard.

Justice OP tank can replace a healer, and tank 20 at once. Can any GF do that!?

yes i did it before the armor penetration fix on gf 2.1k item level. MY team was 4k cw 3k cw and 3.5k hr we killed the last boss in gray wolf den. AND i used knight valor and healing myself with fighters recovery. And to be honest i always prefered the guardian fighter (when i am playing other class) a paladin cannot replace into the fray which give damage for all adds around not like bane which is limited.

Also at the moment with that fix guardian fighter can take damage without blocking if :
    use lunging strike, bull charge, villain menace. The first two add 50% damage resistance for 3 sec and the daily add 20% damage resistance.

• peonliciouspeonlicious Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    If you enter them with a way higher gs than u need, ofc they are easier. That is how it is supposed to be. If you join elol with a group of 1,6k, tell me again it was so easy.
    If you want to blame anything, blame them for not adding the old dungeons back. There should be at least 2 dungeons+ skirmish for 1,6k, 2k, 2,5, 3,0 and 3,5. All of them with proper loot, so that they are played, but this wont happen anytime soon, maybe even never. Even T2 are worthless for farming, after getting your seals what reason can there be to farm them? BOP is just a......
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    The end result of this thread was the Thread starter is complaining that they fixed a bug. They didn't adjust things and make changes, mobs and bosses were literally stacking armor penetration to the point where they were hitting for rediculous dmg and one-shotting people. Stacking meaning if 3 mobs hit you with say 50% AP you ended up with 3 attacks hitting you at 150% AP instead of 3 attacks at 50%. This was a horrible bug, and they fixed it end of story.

Paladins are supposed to survive a lot of dmg, that is our job. If you have a strong tank in really good gear it should be an easy run through a dungeon, especially if they are geared. Instead of crying for nerfs for Pally because he can actually do his job, how about we cry for buffs to the poor Guardian Fighters who have a much harder time...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

wentris said:

I think this fix should happen before recent adjustments to mob hp/damage in dungeons. I have yet to test difficulty with GFs - if they find dungeons too easy as well - maybe some changes should be reverted, at least on T2s. If they find the difficulty appropriate - OPs should be nerfed.

Why should be OPs nerfed?
    Were there a real nerf to SWs? No. They are still doing very much dmg!

OMG, the weakest class in PvP and PvE and you think they need a nerf. SW's are always the bottom of the barrel, The reason you dont hear more complaints is that I think there are what? 5 left in the game who havent quit and moved on to either a different class or a different MMO altogether?

I remember when the SW came out and I made the choice to switch from a CW to SW. I spent alot of time and some money building up the character till it was way better geared then the CW, and as close to BIS as I was willing to make it at the time.

And then realizing that most other classes in Rank 5's with blue armor could out perform me in PvP. There I was in legendary gear, with as optimal a build as could be done. And I was getting 1 and 2 shotted by HR's, TR's, Clerics, etc.

Not because my skills were lacking, but because so many of the mechanics in my class just didnt work the way they were listed, or in some cases, at all.

But, by all means. SW's need a nerf. *Rollseyes*
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @ogarious Why do you bring up PvP in a PvE topic?
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I find posts saying that things are "too easy" to be excessively rude. That's VERY condescending to those who DON'T find it "easy" or "too easy".

So your epeen is bigger than most. Congrats! Your folks must be so very proud.

I find myself echoing the sentiment from some others: if it's too easy, start stripping off armor. Be a REAL hero and run it naked, with a level 20 weapon. Are you really THAT HAMSTER? Want a real challenge? When you die, delete your character. That's hardcore right there. There's no consequence to character death in this game, so instead of SHIFT+2 and eating an injury kit, ESC -> Change Character -> Delete Character.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Cheers!

This ^^

I am finally enjoying my forays into dungeons again. I run mostly in guild groups with the occasional legit pug and the experience is no longer akin to running face first into an impenetrable brick wall over and over and over again. Stand still in that red and you will still die, ignore your job and things will still go awry but the fun has almost returned to NW...almost.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

I find posts saying that things are "too easy" to be excessively rude. That's VERY condescending to those who DON'T find it "easy" or "too easy".

So your epeen is bigger than most. Congrats! Your folks must be so very proud.

I find myself echoing the sentiment from some others: if it's too easy, start stripping off armor. Be a REAL hero and run it naked, with a level 20 weapon. Are you really THAT HAMSTER? Want a real challenge? When you die, delete your character. That's hardcore right there. There's no consequence to character death in this game, so instead of SHIFT+2 and eating an injury kit, ESC -> Change Character -> Delete Character.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Cheers!

This ^^

I am finally enjoying my forays into dungeons again. I run mostly in guild groups with the occasional legit pug and the experience is no longer akin to running face first into an impenetrable brick wall over and over and over again. Stand still in that red and you will still die, ignore your job and things will still go awry but the fun has almost returned to NW...almost.
    I really think we need to "consider the source" when it comes to people claiming that dungeons are too easy. Today I ran my DC through a number of T2 runs (I don't remember how many, 5 or 6). In all but one, we had a gung-ho PvP-geared TR who would run ahead of the group and then get angry that the DC couldn't keep him alive when he was alone fighting the next group before anyone else in the party had even finished looting the last one. I've come to the conclusion that PvP players have vastly different expectations toward dungeons and the party's role in them than PvE players. I wound up getting so frustrated that after one TR ragequit I told another party member, "it's just as well, if he had run ahead all alone one more time I wasn't going to save him."
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    I think you should have modes going into the dungeons......normal which most people can do, Hard for the hard cases so they can feel bad, and for the very FEW who think they are god incarnate INSANE. then they could all be happy and the people who don't have a mile deep pocket book could still play and enjoy the game and the ego maniacs could die all they want and you just tell them when they complain if you can't handle it choose the easy mode...:) Stop making the masses pay for what the few want.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ogarious said:

OMG, the weakest class in PvP and PvE and you think they need a nerf. SW's are always the bottom of the barrel, The reason you dont hear more complaints is that I think there are what? 5 left in the game who havent quit and moved on to either a different class or a different MMO altogether?

I remember when the SW came out and I made the choice to switch from a CW to SW. I spent alot of time and some money building up the character till it was way better geared then the CW, and as close to BIS as I was willing to make it at the time.

And then realizing that most other classes in Rank 5's with blue armor could out perform me in PvP. There I was in legendary gear, with as optimal a build as could be done. And I was getting 1 and 2 shotted by HR's, TR's, Clerics, etc.

Not because my skills were lacking, but because so many of the mechanics in my class just didnt work the way they were listed, or in some cases, at all.

But, by all means. SW's need a nerf. *Rollseyes*

Roll all you want! It still does! In pve.
    In pvp it may need some buff.

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    double post
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Please devs ignore these people and just keep working on bringing back old dungeons and adding maybe another level of difficulty ie t3 to dungeons. Dont waste time with trying to fix something you fixed. Work on getting old dungeons back and tuning those or adding a difficulty lvl. Ty
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    The aim is to get more players. This are new players. They need to be able to do T2 in an acceptable time or they leave. Until a few days ago T2 was endgame content escpecially eGWD and eCC (legit). BiS gear is impossible for new players. So T2 is for gearing up. Now T2 is no challenge for endgame chars. This may be debatable... I mean the definition of an endgame char^^. So we are at a common point. No endgame content.

I do NOT believe that we will ever see real endgame content. I expect the same behaviour again and again. If you remember mod2,3,4,5... Release, bug fixing field experiment phase, patch phase, nerf phase. So we have endgame content for a while after each release.

Best regards,

Bellistor
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    At the moment, for PVE, with the current content, you don't need BiS gear. At the moment, there is no point to get BiS except the feeling of the progress. You get your T2 gears (not even T2+ because too much work and not much return), r8 and purple things. That is all your need for the current PVE content. After that, the better you are, the more boring you will feel.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User

Please devs ignore these people and just keep working on bringing back old dungeons and adding maybe another level of difficulty ie t3 to dungeons. Dont waste time with trying to fix something you fixed. Work on getting old dungeons back and tuning those or adding a difficulty lvl. Ty

T3s won't matter because then people will complain T3 are too hard and that only the elite can do them. Then they make T3s very easy like how T2s are now and then you will have another similar thread asking for T4s and so forth.

The problem here is that there is no end game. There is no need to gear up higher than T1 gear or even get high level enchants.
  • daisojindaisojin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    lol. I can't believe i'm reading this. the difficulty is just fine OP thank you. not all of us are immortal.
    what needs a fix is your class that can't be killed
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User

At the moment, for PVE, with the current content, you don't need BiS gear. At the moment, there is no point to get BiS except the feeling of the progress. You get your T2 gears (not even T2+ because too much work and not much return), r8 and purple things. That is all your need for the current PVE content. After that, the better you are, the more boring you will feel.

You shouldn't need BiS gear for PvE content. That's what PvP is for.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I think the difficulty is just fine, if you can't find enough challenge then mayhaps you can do a 3man dungeon or so to make it more challenging, alternative I suggest adding optional Super Secret Boss that can be challenged by the veteran players to receive special rewards (such as customes)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The dungeons are too easy now. Its possible to 3 man ecc with a 2.000k group composed of a healer op (this guy doesn't have bubble) a gf and a hr. If the hardest dungeon in the game can be 3 manned with the minimum ilvl requirement, then the content which is by the way, aimed at 5 man groups, is too easy. Furthermore, its not even particularly challenging to do it with 3, it just takes time. And no, most of the time if you got a decent gf, if you stand still in the red, you don't die.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    eCC full legit with 3 man? Including traven legit? Awesome
  • humorisbenefithumorisbenefit Member Posts: 60 Arc User

The dungeons are too easy now. Its possible to 3 man ecc with a 2.000k group composed of a healer op (this guy doesn't have bubble) a gf and a hr. If the hardest dungeon in the game can be 3 manned with the minimum ilvl requirement, then the content which is by the way, aimed at 5 man groups, is too easy. Furthermore, its not even particularly challenging to do it with 3, it just takes time. And no, most of the time if you got a decent gf, if you stand still in the red, you don't die.

This is great news!!!

Can you post team composition, boons, gear/artifact etc. we will do that kind teams after maintenance and make NEW LEgit runs for ECC... maybe we can make even new videos for it, ;).

Need know "How to do this dungeon EASY".

ps. why it took that long FIX bugs what make so many players gave up this game?