test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The future of Dragon's Hoard Enchantments on XBox

vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
If I understand correctly the hoard enchantments on NWPC now only work for 1 hour per day, per account. This was implemented to combat 'refinement botting'.

I realise advance info/clarity of process is a rare commodity in NW, but I thought I'd ask anyway... As we're getting mod 6 in the same state, does this mean we're also going to be falling foul of the anti botting measures implemented for the PC?

Regardless of whether you believe botting exists on XBox or not, the platform constraints make it (IMO) a non issue. We can't run third party apps not approved by MS, therefore we can't simply download an app that will replicate in game activities for us repeatedly.

Obviously, 'cheaters are gonna cheat' and so I'm sure a minority can/will find a way on XBox. This thread isn't the place to discuss that however as that'll violate T&C, so please refrain from such posts.

Comments

• raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    I'm with you. I have a lot invested in my dragon hoard enchants and would hate to see this carried over.
  • vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'm with you. I have a lot invested in my dragon hoard enchants and would hate to see this carried over.

Likewise, I must have a couple of mill ad invested in mine.

Even if I was only running lesser hoard enchants, implementing this 'fix' would strike me as unnecessarily punitive for the XBox community (to say the least).
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    i stopped investing in mine when i heard about this.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    My understanding is that it just has a 30 minute cooldown after a specified amount of time....
  • musicsympmusicsymp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    And haters gonna hate
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    If I can't farm enchantments then it's just not going to happen for me. Farm now while you can .
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Just to clarify.. It is in deed possible to auto farm on the Xbox console.

I'm quite sure the developers know this, and I will be surprised if we don't get the same treatment as the PC players in regards to how Dragon Hoards work.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    soonergm wrote: »
    If I can't farm enchantments then it's just not going to happen for me. Farm now while you can .

Switch to Fey's Blessing in one or more slots.

• mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Per an AMA that Strumsinger did on the NW subreddit, yes, we will be getting the DH enchantment ICD that PC currently has. Do I think it's right? No, not really. But it is what it is and it's not very likely to change.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    50k Isn't really worth running to spell plague for.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

apparently the dragon hoards cap at around 50k exp per day in mod 6.

That seems disturbingly low, imho..
    Even more so if it's an account-based value, not character...
  • skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User

i'm farming like a mad man for enough resonance stones too get my 4 legendary artifact equipment, because those are the hardest to level up. getting mythic artifacts are so easy..

Can you elaborate? 10X bonus, yes I know. You still need maybe 9 artifacts to feed the one you want to be Mythic and 2 some odd million RP?
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    skeld11 said:

i'm farming like a mad man for enough resonance stones too get my 4 legendary artifact equipment, because those are the hardest to level up. getting mythic artifacts are so easy..

Can you elaborate? 10X bonus, yes I know. You still need maybe 9 artifacts to feed the one you want to be Mythic and 2 some odd million RP?
    Haha...cute. Try its 10.5 million RP to get a base green artifact to mythic. It's approx 6.2 million RP to get mythic from base orange (or almost double the RP req'd to get to orange from green).

Easy? I wish my wallet was that fat, or my AD account lolin. it's easy to press buttons to apply the RP to a side artifact and take adv of the x5/x10 bonus but lets not exaggerate either

Edit: will have to play around to figure out how many (and what level) DH enchant is req'd to hit max RP stones through regular gameplay. Can someone plz confirm if its timer based or RP based. RP based makes the most sense, but I am seeing a lot of posts from PC players saying its time based.

Soooooo much misinformation floated around here like its truth, yet pure conjecture from many......

skeld11 said:

Haha...cute. Try its 10.5 million RP to get a base green artifact to mythic. It's approx 6.2 million RP to get mythic from base orange (or almost double the RP req'd to get to orange from green).

Easy? I wish my wallet was that fat, or my AD account lolin. it's easy to press buttons to apply the RP to a side artifact and take adv of the x5/x10 bonus but lets not exaggerate either
    In theory you could feed rank 59 artifacts to it, at a 10X bonus on double refinement with a like artifact. Each one of those 59's would take 293,000 RP to get to 59 I think. They would then be worth 123,000 RP, x 10 is 1,230,000. 8 of them would be 9,840,000 RP. The 9th one would have to be rank 46 maybe to not waste much RP. So maybe 2.5 million RP fed into all of the artifacts total? Although maybe I have botched this somewhere.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-

It's not feeding artifacts into another artifact.. You can easily get 6m RP experience spending 400k ad at most once mod 6 drops. I'm not going to go into detail though for obvious reasons..

Feeding level 59 artifacts into another artifact is a poor tactic.. That will cost you so much AD

Seems to be a pretty commonly used method, but it does sound like yours is a lot better.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Hmm. . . While I'm at 60 I have not been able to get to the Hoard Enchantments. Sounds like even if I started it would not be worth much to continue along those lines.

I would rather refine an artifact to legendary and then put that artifact into another artifact for 6m RP. gaining 2.5m RP than buying 10 artifacts for that amount lols..

this isnt the method i was talking about earlier, but it works.

Well except you need to buy the marks to go to Legendary and you get a diminishing return on the RP you get out for what you put in.

I'm guessing your method is Spellplague 24/7? That's great except time is money. I don't have that kind of time to waste.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    yeah me either. only a few hrs a day cause i have a career.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

yeah me either. only a few hrs a day cause i have a career.

Same. I've got 2 hours a day best case scenario.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • cycloptomesecycloptomese Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Same here. I can get 3-4 hrs in if I'm lucky. Although, on the weekends, I'll go 8-10 before I finally get burnt out.
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Decided to have a go at the Spellplague farm but it took me ages to get there and by the time I got there I had to go out! Didn't help that the map didn't show were the portals were!
  • gkjones85gkjones85 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Why go to spellplague to farm at all? Waste of time. There's an internal cool down on board enchantments as it is renddering constant monster streams useless as is. Just go to well of dragons and get the most bang for your buck. You get a refinement drop wait 30 seconds and kill some more.

Chuck Norris

People who go to lengths to get refinement crack me up
    Hoard not board and it's a 30 second cd
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    gkjones85 I think the reason ppl go to spellplague is because the humanoids that come out of the spawning pits are super easy and they lack intelligence. I don't even think they're lvl 60 monsters in normal spellplague.

Those Thayans and Cult of the Dragon monsters in WoD can be pretty annoying if you have to constantly fight them. Especially the when they use spin moves and root/prone attacks, lol.

Now what I will say is WoD would have its pluses. You can receive refinement, coffers, and other drops there. Spellplague spawning pits only give you refinement and those stupid bounty coins. Also it takes a while to fight to the first boss/spawning pits too. And the monsters on the way there can be a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too at times. WoD you just go right in and fight.

Lastly, WoD can sometimes have other players in their helping you/stealing kills. Spellplague you're by yourself. So its kind of a toss up on which area you choose.
    Then go anywhere. If I want quick kills then ebon downs has hundreds of zombies on about a one minute cd. Can run a route around that has monsters constantly up. Spell plague is a total waste to run down to where you need to be. Or have a low level player share plague tower and farm the bosses at beginning that come out of portals or farm the thayan portal in wod has non stop monsters spawned. The point of it all is that there's a thirty second cool down every time you get a refinement stone. Which honestly makes going down to the pits a total waste. No matter if there are other players there or not to steal coffers wod is still the best per hour gain possible. Ebon downs you can one hit all of it also and can get all the profession nodes. Spell plague is great if you don't realize there's a cool down on those enchantments
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Believe me I agree. Me personally I like the neverdeath graveyard right before you get to Charthraxis. Those midgets there are very easy
  • dukesirashidukesirashi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Don't the drops disappear after a few minutes?
  • shots2thecrotchshots2thecrotch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    In the developer's chat on Twitter the other day they clearly said that they will not be nerfing the dragon hoard enchantments for mod 6, that they are leaving them as is. Since there seems to be contradicting rumors running around, maybe someone from Arc can please verify?
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    They clearly stated there are no current plans to change the DH enchantments during the twitter Q&A.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

They clearly stated there are no current plans to change the DH enchantments during the twitter Q&A.

Are you sure? I don't think so.

I read it as there is no plan to change it from the way it currently works on Mod 6. In other words, we get the PC version, not keep the Mod 5 version