test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bloodbath & The Larger Issue At Hand.

morentharmorenthar Member Posts: 2,500 Arc User
I'm just searching for a bit of clarity. I don't use Bloodbath, but I do face it rather often. However, last night there was a very palpable proliferation of the daily. Every higher-end TR was doing the exact same thing, Smoke-> BB. We've all seen it before, but it seemed like it was to the point of spamming.

There are two reasons I can think of that would cause this nearly overnight proliferation.

1. The daily is bugged again. Knowledge of the bug has spread like wildfire throughout the PvP guilds and as usual, they are exploiting the hell out of it.

2. It is simply the result of full AP gain builds, from reinforcements to Mythic Sigil of The Devoted to Snail allowing for near-spamming of dailies across all classes. Bloodbath is simply sticking out because of the Smoke Bomb combination. TRs are gravitating towards it, especially in GG, due to the immunity frame.

My gut tells me it's #2. I just want some input from the rest of the people I regularly see in PvP.

Speaking as one of the TRs that tries to stay away from the "cheese," this just adds to that factor of the class. It's skill-less HAMSTER like this that makes people want to nerf the class into pieces. I am fully aware that AP proliferation spreads across all classes, but the last thing TRs, especially MIs need, is added immunity.

Just when you think things can't get more messy in the romper room, the kids found a way to trash the place with the new toys.

When we are able, which will be awhile for many, we will be all forced to slot AP drain in our overloads. A solution to a problem, no doubt. The real issue is that it will become the only solution. Another "current meta" forcing players, yet again, into a "one problem, one solution" scenario. The top-end (financially) PvP community will adapt and continue and the rest will be left behind, again.

This cycle has been eating away at this game and it is up to Development Team leadership to break this cycle. Fix useless enchantments, fix feats and powers that do not work and stop implementing ideas that continue to pigeonhole the player-base. Allow for diversity so that this community can flourish and truly enjoy the full potential of this game.

Main: Syndul The Slick - MI Saboteur

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I use, to a large extent, this combination.

Granted, I will never take a cleric to 60 just to get OP sigil, then delete him. Some have told me that I am an idiot for this.

As kweassa said in his post in the TR section... about the other spamming builds that are going on... this is... game breaking. Why fix the 'AP gain bug' related to DCs... only to replace it with a mount that gives AP gain. AP Gain and AP Drain overload enchants?​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    There is no AP gain overload enchant. The AP Drain Ward counteracts the effect of AP Drain Marks. But you won't be bothering with this yet because the Stamina Drain Marks are kinda sh*t OP ^^

PS: To morenthar, I saw that stuff with you. Definitely #2 to answer the question.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Both my threads are gone from this forum and the Thieve's Den -- dunno if someone deleted it on purpose or a result of some sort of BBS roll-back, but the essential result is this: the snail has basically made it possible for high-AP gain builds to achieve 100% AP under 20 seconds flat.

That's what's happening, and yes, this knowledge is spreading across the higher levels of PvP. People are actively moving over to AP concentrated builds. We now have in a game where you can spam BB every time you have SB up.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • pipetstebepipetstebe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    #2 is right but even with the cleric AP build a decent geared TR without DC sigil and snail can pull the BB smoke bomb spamming off besides that 3x shocking executioner/ice knife in a row with perma Pally bubble makes PvP a joke. However, I'll still PvP because I like PvP in general.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I have said once tr's daily are best burst damage source (combined with lostmauth set). No wonder people choose this path. I will not complain players. The action point drain enchant may ease the pain but all the passive action point gain is a bad design. Just a hint, the action point weapon is coming. Enjoy

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    As I said before, it is an obvious problem when dailies are ready faster than encounters. I suppose they could always put cooldowns on dailies (like at least a minute) so that one would have to at least rotate your daily usage but I really think they need to address the overly excessive AP gain at the source and push it to such extremes that the best builds take a minute to refresh. I realize such a change might be problematic for some classes (at the least for how people are so used to playing easy mode aspects of them), but it would expose the weaknesses in classes and allow for proper consideration and balance when addressing these things (assuming the devs actually will ever do that).
    edited August 2015
    hedgebet said:

As I said before, it is an obvious problem when dailies are ready faster than encounters. I suppose they could always put cooldowns on dailies (like at least a minute) so that one would have to at least rotate your daily usage but I really think they need to address the overly excessive AP gain at the source and push it to such extremes that the best builds take a minute to refresh. I realize such a change might be problematic for some classes (at the least for how people are so used to playing easy mode aspects of them), but it would expose the weaknesses in classes and allow for proper consideration and balance when addressing these things (assuming the devs actually will ever do that).

Welcome to my world.

When you bring this up, you'll meet resistances from both sides in a hilarious situation, where "A", people making non-stop spamming use of a strong daily power are accused by "B", people being victimized by that daily spamming... but "B", when confronted with the source of the imbalance, they will refuse to acknowledge it because they themselves are also abusing daily spamming, so in turn will demand to nerf the daily powers of "A".

So in the end, "B" ain't so much innocent either. They're also a part of the same problem and they'll refuse to admit it. They complain about daily spamming from some classes, but they refuse to give up on their own daily spamming for the greater good.

Petty people have made PvP become this way. The blame is on their hands just as much as the devs.

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Just hope, if and when a change comes, that they specify the change for PvP to avoid messing with PvE...

Wishful thinking I know! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    i actually think putting a cooldown on daily is a good idea be it global cooldowns on all dailies or individual cooldowns on different dailies with different length depending on the usefulness of the dailies :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I think this should effect both PvP and PvE exactly the same (unless they want to take it even further for PvP). There is too much daily usage and as some of us are saying dailies as frequent or more frequent than encounters. To only correct this for PvP is not a solution but a specific band aid. I agree that there are some issues that should not be corrected in the same way for both PvP and PvE, but excessive dailies is not one of those exceptions.
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    2 min CD on Daily would make the game way better again. Then u actually need to time the rotation, not spam like atwills.
    +10000000 on the CD. I use my daily for an exclamation point!​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited August 2015
    90sec ~ 120sec recharge restriction on all dailies (except the special type HRs) -- I'm all for it.

Doesn't matter if that means my own useage of stuff like Hateful Knives, Courage Breaker, BB, or Lurker's is limited. Dailies are special powers with either strong utility or strong damage, in many cases both. It should not be part of the combat equation in the same manner an encounter power is.

I know some dailies are underwhelming, like Spinning Strikes the GWF has, or Cold Steel Hurricane like on the Stormwarden HR. In these cases, if anyone suggests update/buff to these dailies to that deserving of a 2min CD, then I will wholeheartedly support it.

The non-stop spamming of dailies under 30sec intervals, it's a joke nowadays.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    I don't think this will ever happen, otherwise all the flail snails will become fail snails.

I would suggest AP gain nerfed by 50%, or takes twice as long. So someone popping DC sigil will still have to wait a bit longer, and PvEers can't really complain at this either. The daily spamming is not necessary in any form of this game.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
    Anyone who complains about this going into effect relies way too much on their 'dailies' and they have not developed their skills enough to feel that they can compete without them. We could just make the daily usable one time a day... like they are supposed to be... hence "Daily".​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    Dailys need a idc not only because they can be spammed but also because there are several bugs that can refill AP in seconds (point -dc).

Daily has become an encounter compared to what it was before and some are game breaking if spammed (point cw dc tr op gf).

Some dailys was obviously never ment to be able to become spammed like OP bubble that will make party immune to
    damage once it can be spammed every 30 sec (quite easy as it is).

Other classes like Gwf and Hr that dont have dailys that is so game breaking obviously suffer from this.

Putting and idc of at least 90 sec on major dailys will even out the the odds better (minor ones like hr already have an idc).

Its not fun seeing 4 exe in 30 sec or fighting a pal with endless bubble I think if not all the majority can agree on that.
  • fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    to all the rogues who can't pvp.

If you rely on smoke bomb in pvp or can't deal with rogues that do so than you are the one who has a problem. As you stated, you don't use BB, I bet you use SE which is just HAMSTER.

You can get as many dailies as you want and spam your SE or BB as many times as you want. You still cannot kill a DC or a pally so stop crying and suck it up.

Lastly... You are a WK. lol...
    Post edited by fernandosb on
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    fernandosb

is a troll just leave him be and let him go back to his smelly cave :)
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    i just met one Tr of this kind and i was clueless , and that dmg Ow My God .
    He was going from invisible to immune , then back to invisible , then immune again ....

That's so broken and unfair !!!

Lastly... You are a WK. lol...

That's so mod4. LOL.

Try to get in with the times. Since the domination changes the need to troll the node alone forever singlehandedlu is gone. With the proliferation of TEB, the lack of ITC is a lot less devastating.

There's now nothing the MI can do which the WK cannot.
    All I know is that I have been experiencing a large number of MI Sabs running away from me... because my SB and Daze drops them to 50% HP... then add 1 round of DF.
    I know they are MI Sabs because they are squishy as hell and they like to hide when they run away.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    drkbodhi said:

All I know is that I have been experiencing a large number of MI Sabs running away from me... because my SB and Daze drops them to 50% HP... then add 1 round of DF.

I know they are MI Sabs because they are squishy as hell and they like to hide when they run away.​​

To be fair, there are still some quite excellent MI/Sabo players out there, and I can make a bet that if they should change to WKs they'd probably have no problems at all in doing well with it. Like said, the change in domination rules essentially removed the single largest edge MIs had over WKs, which is the 'forever survive and troll nodes' role.

If those great MI players do change to WK they'll probably be comfortable enough to use it well enough in most situations once after they go through the transitional period and get used to the differences in play style, attack rhythm and etc. etc.. Of course, their overall performance output will be cut back a bit into a much more balanced gameplay, but for those who are good enough, being 'more balanced' means nothing but a bit of a detour.

Of course, that detour opens up some breather for those fighting against it to provide at least a fair chance, unlike the bullchit people are being put through when they go up against the 1-button spamming wonder. But overall, the performance output of WKs and MIs have never been this close.

Nowadays, it's more about the path -- Sabo / Scoundrel / Executioner -- than the paragon. WKs have come a long way. The only thing that stops people from doing it is laziness, and the misconception about WKs that has a long, long history. Things began changing around mod5 -- those who've never took interest in how it did, just have no idea.

Trust me kweassa... my NW TR mentor Velvet... shows me every time we spar how well a MI/Sab can kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... if they are skilled. Even if we were equally geared he would still probably kick my butt.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Putting a 2 min cooldown on daily skills would ruin all the time money blood set and tears that people invested into creating their characters. It will be worse than the regenerate life steal changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    If we lose trust and faith in the stability of our characters from one day to the next... there is no reason to invest time or money in them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

If we lose trust and faith in the stability of our characters from one day to the next... there is no reason to invest time or money in them.

I'm torn. I really think the AP Gain issue is a problem--dailies should be something less available than encounters and at-wills. But this game is reallly, I mean REALLY, bad about changing gear-items-rules-etc on the fly without notice and leaving us all wondering about the integrity of the things we buy and work for. Putting out the snail was a less than smart (I'm trying to be civil) thing to do. And now there are between 2-4 of the ugly beasties in every match I'm in.

I'm personally waiting for the Axe Beak, so I can move my enchants around and still have ArPen.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    It would be interesting to see if Dev can set a 2 minutes global cooldown on skills and the timer could be reduced by Recovery (which makes this stat more useful), this should help balance PvP slightly better :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    edited September 2015

Putting a 2 min cooldown on daily skills would ruin all the time money blood set and tears that people invested into creating their characters. It will be worse than the regenerate life steal changes.

1. People used to do fine without the snail, which is only a few weeks old at this moment.
    2. People used to do fine without the 4%/3s neck artifact, which was unexpected in the first place
    3. People used to do fine without the SigDiv, which was also unexpected in the first place

All this much useage of Dailies, as well as this crazy amount of AP gain, was never a necessity in the first place and there wasn't any demand for it. Nobody had problems with it until the devs, just one day, out of the blue, thought it would be neat and cool to butter the players up with needless and unjustifiable bonuses that upset a delicately balanced situation.

In those days, Dailies were a power which had no problems whatsoever in terms of balance, because the limits to AP generation gave significant intervals in between each use.

The whole thing added a bit of depth to PvP, (and to a lesser extent, PvE as well) because Dailies would often had crucical utility, such as being an extra CC, or a powerful debuff, or a survival-tool. Since you couldn't spam these, often the timing of its useage would make or break your game.

Nowadays? It's just any dumbarse that spends a set amount of money and its just plain-ol' spam it straight away. It's just a "4th, overpowered encounter" now. Non-stop Oppressive Force? Fast, regular use of Ice Knife? Non-stop Courage Breaker? Non-stop Lurker's Assault? Back-to-back immunity? You name it. It happens.

No, There's no need for the devs to cater for people accustomed with overpowered benefits from this krap. If anything, they should have properly identified it as a problem, should have voiced their opinions to stop it from making it to live. Instead, they kept their mouth shut and just rolled with it. None of those people are innocent.

If the changes to put a stop to this balance-breaking nightmare upsets those hordes of hypocrites, I'm not losing any sleep over it.