test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

future concept idea for mounts

givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
I already know this will never happen in this game but is something that hit me while riding my horse in game.

just about all games these days have mounts and they sell premium mounts in there stores even the subscription games like wow do.

which makes me wonder why limit it to just the mount most mount models have armor etc why just make it a one model that has the one appearance and that is the way it is and never can be changed. I would love to see a game someday were mount customization is possible.

for example stormriders Clydesdale my mount of choice has fancy war armor. what if instead of them making it one model they made the horse a base model and the armor was equipped as appearance items. would require creating a mount appearance interface and redoing the models but this would add up to whole new source of revenue for games they could sell the mounts then sell different appearances items for them like saddles armor for them as well as dyes etc.

if want to see something similar loot at lord of the rings online and there war horses they have different equip able appearance items to bad the war horse system is so poorly implemented the whole appearance system would be great for normal mounts though.

creating something like this would most likely be time consuming and not something this game would have time or money for but it would be a great concept I think maybe someday this will be possible.
Namin Soulburner
NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc

Comments

• Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    That would be really cool. But unless Cryptic triples it's developer staff, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on it.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Are you aware that you are talking about a team that necroed old fixed visual bug with new mod(neck visual bug).I am just content we are standing on the mounts straight.This is what happens when a company holds quantity over quality. I am almost ceratin we never get visual(or any other kind) upgrades for those old mounts.
  • Options
    dsn1118 wrote: »
    Are you aware that you are talking about a team that necroed old fixed visual bug with new mod(neck visual bug).I am just content we are standing on the mounts straight.This is what happens when a company holds quantity over quality. I am almost ceratin we never get visual(or any other kind) upgrades for those old mounts.

are you aware I already said they couldn't do it not once but twice in my post I know they lack the skill money or man power lol like said I liked the idea and think would be cool for another game someday in future

Namin Soulburner
  • Options

That should be the way to making money, aesthetics.. not p2w. I like it.

I agree
    Namin Soulburner
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    I don't feel any epic-legendary or mythic feelings with the mounts we have since the end of module 3.
    I don't understand why they don't bring on the table some bad HAMSTER mounts from the bestiary.
    They could sell a lot of more keys with Chimera, Wyvern, Pegasus, Flying carpet, Griffin, Manticore,Hydra, magical wings, hyppogriff etc etc . . . There are a ton of bad HAMSTER mounts in DND.
    Young Mettalic Dragons ffs ! ^^