test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We might be getting a buff to our class

darkpathslpdarkpathslp Member Posts: 35 Arc User
Its well known we are very underpowered compared to other classes. Our CC is none existant with no stuns and long casting times for our one root spell.

Warlocks are also the squishiest class of all the classes. Our only contributions to groups is our dps and of course our healing if your speced that way.

I have been asking myself the question what does the SW bring to the table? Another question would be what changes to our class do players want.

I'm hoping all will join in on the discussion not just those who play the SW class.

I'll start with things I do not want. Please do not try and improve the wraith pet its buggy we have no control over it and more often than not it causes problems we really need something else besides this class mechanic.

Comments

• drifter902drifter902 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    have you studied what is going to happen to us in september? absolutely not a buff. we are going to get f'd in the a. if we get a buff it might be in mod 7 or later. but 6 is going to make fury and temptation useless, and the only reason damnation is good is because of a bug that makes the soul puppet to insane amounts of damage. we are going to be the new TR (in many cases only good because of bugged abilities/gear. not hating on TR's, but everyone knows what i'm talking about).
  • darkpathslpdarkpathslp Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I was told by a reliable source we'ld be getting a "buff". I hope that its not the soul puppet bug you are talking about. Anyhow I'd like to spitball a little on what can be done to make us more viable and what direction people want to go in.
  • deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Since this is posted in the xbox forums I'm guessing you have not yet played on the pc version. drifter902 is right in what to expect from mod 6. The life steal changes (x% chance to steal life) make the temptation spec more or less redundant and leaves the scourge warlock lacking survivability. The fury tree got nerfed and as such more people run the soulbinder spec for some aspect of survivability. The soulbinder damnation (puppet build) is very powerful in t2 dungeons but this is down to an exploit with the puppets damage (in certain dungeons), so the damage reduction is noticeable running t1/tiamat/solo.

The dev's have indeed at least acknowledged that the warlock needs looking into so maybe there is a buff of some sort on the cards. But as xbox players we have to prepare for what the pc players have experienced (a difficult time) before we can begin to expect any buffs
    That's not to say that warlock's will become a useless classes. The soul puppet got a damage buff in mod 6, and the exploit is more down to the interaction of buffs off other classes on the puppet (makes the puppet hit like a truck) in t2 dungeons. Fury builds are still viable although if you're expecting the insane damage from our current xbox edition you will be disappointed. TT got nerfed as did creeping death. The set bonuses of our accursed diabolist gear will be removed. And the change to life steal means we cannot rely solely on damage to stay alive. But iv seen some very good end game soulbinder fury builds that run well. And if you don't mind utilising the puppet exploit then the soulbinder damnation build took a huge buff in mod 6 and is easily the best damage build in t2 dungeons.

I have not played the pc version but iv seen other players and mod 6 will make us warlocks rethink how we build our class. But we also have a lot to look forward to (sigil of devoted artifact for example) that will make our existing builds more efficient. And let's not forget that the xbox mod 6 will include the newest patches from pc mod 6 (making content slightly easier). So not all doom and gloom...
    If you're unaware of the pc patches... the artifact sigil of devoted makes gaining AP far more easier. (Refills over 5 seconds), creeping death took a 40% damage nerf. And life steal used to be 20% would give you 20% hp of the damage you deal every time. Now it's 20% is a 20% chance for you to steal life. So not a reliable source of defence
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Not sure what is going to be changed but it is confirmed that the dev team is looking into reworking the SW post mod 6.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I hope they do something, cause my SW is my main Alt character. Although the SW was the first i ever made. I really like it and enjoy playing it. But my CW is my main now.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)