test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are we so far behind all other classes in every department except class that sucks most?

2»

Comments

• nr1faustnr1faust Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    I was interested by this all and went to the test server to see the damnation tree again. But from what I have seen is there nothing that looks bugged about the whole tree. Dmg is normal and the soulpuppet also have a normal dmg output. To be honest i think the high dmg has more to do with the other party members then the SW itself. I also tested the soulpuppet in pvp. But it gets one shotted so, damnation is a huge downgrade for me.

I have to say from my experience that the SW screams for a rework such as we have seen with the DC and TR. We are heavily gear depended while a lot of other classes have 100% crit in stealth and what not.

I also wonder why we do not have real warlock style encounters. Only WB have this warlock feel to it, a poor class design if you ask me. What is strange since NeverWinter nights 2 has the same lore and better spells. But that to the side, we are doomed as a class in pvp. No dodges or defensive options like stealth and shields. And we only have 3 encounter and i say only since a mage has 4, HR has 6. So we are behind in class mechanics, stamina use (That is valuable) and we have no dmg output that compensate this all.

It would be nice if a soul puppet has something like tenacity.

And we just need but really need better encounters. Or more dmg or more CC.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, a TR can kill us with 1 daily and we see it coming but cant dodge! CW are more tanky with there shield on tab and do much more dmg. HR deflect most of our dots and interrupt all out casts like it is nothing, even with an T.elven battle. GWF kill us with there boon Avelange, or actually we kill our self on them! I watched my 1v1 with a GWF in ACT, and 33% dmg was done by avelange and 16% of the dmg was done by my own WB.

And it's not just a few who think this, just watch the numbers. How much SW are in pvp guilds or on the leader board. And the few that are have to use LM set with a T.faytouch (That is bugged and multy procks the 18% dmg boost) to keep up, yes keep up with others.

We are forgotten, by the class designers.

I say, "Vote for a reworked warlock!"
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    Soul Puppet only performs extremly well in some epic skirmishes/dungeons and that's it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    nr1faust wrote: »
    I was interested by this all and went to the test server to see the damnation tree again. But from what I have seen is there nothing that looks bugged about the whole tree. Dmg is normal and the soulpuppet also have a normal dmg output. To be honest i think the high dmg has more to do with the other party members then the SW itself. I also tested the soulpuppet in pvp. But it gets one shotted so, damnation is a huge downgrade for me.

I have to say from my experience that the SW screams for a rework such as we have seen with the DC and TR. We are heavily gear depended while a lot of other classes have 100% crit in stealth and what not.

I also wonder why we do not have real warlock style encounters. Only WB have this warlock feel to it, a poor class design if you ask me. What is strange since NeverWinter nights 2 has the same lore and better spells. But that to the side, we are doomed as a class in pvp. No dodges or defensive options like stealth and shields. And we only have 3 encounter and i say only since a mage has 4, HR has 6. So we are behind in class mechanics, stamina use (That is valuable) and we have no dmg output that compensate this all.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, a TR can kill us with 1 daily and we see it coming but cant dodge! CW are more tanky with there shield on tab and do much more dmg. HR deflect most of our dots and interrupt all out casts like it is nothing, even with an T.elven battle. GWF kill us with there boon Avelange, or actually we kill our self on them! I watched my 1v1 with a GWF in ACT, and 33% dmg was done by avelange and 16% of the dmg was done by my own WB.

And it's not just a few who think this, just watch the numbers. How much SW are in pvp guilds or on the leader board. And the few that are have to use LM set with a T.faytouch (That is bugged and multy procks the 18% dmg boost) to keep up, yes keep up with others.

the damage your damnationlock deals is also weak going solo on live server, its harder than fury imo, bc the puppet can´t to anything going instant down, doing dailies as furylock was better
    but running dungeons your puppet deals huge damage in T1 and T2, T1 it hits for up to 200k in my case , T2 much more>700k
    same in skirmishes
    did you test dunegons also? If not you can´t say anything about whats gonna be.
    PVP it doesn´t help much right
    The buffs to the puppets damage come also from other classes like GF/CW, right thats no mystery, someone claimed to know the answer, writing something weared about combatadvantage that causes these things, i am sure thats not the hole truth
  • nr1faustnr1faust Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User

the damage your damnationlock deals is also weak going solo on live server, its harder than fury imo, bc the puppet can´t to anything going instant down, doing dailies as furylock was better
    but running dungeons your puppet deals huge damage in T1 and T2, T1 it hits for up to 200k in my case , T2 much more>700k
    same in skirmishes
    The buffs to the puppets damage come also from other classes like GF/CW, right thats no mystery, someone claimed to know the answer, writing something weared about combatadvantage that causes these things, i am sure thats not the hole truth

I'm pure a pvp player, so I don't know a thing a bout the 'bugs' there. But On the bug forum I saw a GF telling the story of him running Tiamat and doing 75K dmg with atwills thanks to a 40K power boost ontop of all the Terror and plague fire debuffed ads. And I also know that the DC can boost your flat out dmg. So if i make a guess from those numbers it will get close to those named numbers.

And the puppet in pvp, well it goes down in 1 hit so... so much for your buffs.

And I can tell you, combat advantage is 5% more dmg, and if you have gear that helps with that you get maybe 20% max. But you don't need a puppet for that. Just have a tank on the other side of the group of adds and you get it.

I think, based of what i have seen from the 40K power boost bug post thats this is just the same.
    The paladin shares a part of his power with his party, So does the warlock and the DC gives everyone a power boost. And i think you all know where this is going to? I don't know what feats are doing what but, the pala has something that lets you do more radiant dmg based on your hp, warlock shares 20% of his power. DC daily adds 6k power (I think it is 6K. Last mod it was 2K) And a DC gets 50% more power on low hp, and if i'm not mistaken the DC can hare some of his/her power aswell... Aka, everyone adds a part of what thy have and gets a buff over that from the others. Long story short.
    It's just the buffs.

BTW, if you want to know what i'm running right now.
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=2xhn:z8c8c5:9f3g:9ay4d,13jirii:150uuz1:1000000:150uu00&h=1&p=slb

It's stronger than Damnation for sure.
    (Training dummies to zero HP no problem (Thats with epic stuff, no legandary or vorpal stuff))

here are my powers and feets. I'm to lazy to type out my boons. But those add a lot in the dmg as well.

same in skirmishes

I'm pure a pvp player, so I don't know a thing a bout the 'bugs' there. But On the bug forum I saw a GF telling the story of him running Tiamat and doing 75K dmg with atwills thanks to a 40K power boost ontop of all the Terror and plague fire debuffed ads. And I also know that the DC can boost your flat out dmg. So if i make a guess from those numbers it will get close to those named numbers.

And I can tell you, combat advantage is 5% more dmg, and if you have gear that helps with that you get maybe 20% max. But you don't need a puppet for that. Just have a tank on the other side of the group of adds and you get it.

I think, based of what i have seen from the 40K power boost bug post thats this is just the same.
    The paladin shares a part of his power with his party, So does the warlock and the DC gives everyone a power boost. And i think you all know where this is going to? I don't know what feats are doing what but, the pala has something that lets you do more radiant dmg based on your hp, warlock shares 20% of his power. DC daily adds 6k power (I think it is 6K. Last mod it was 2K) And a DC gets 50% more power on low hp, and if i'm not mistaken the DC can hare some of his/her power aswell... Aka, everyone adds a part of what thy have and gets a buff over that from the others. Long story short.
    It's just the buffs.

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=2xhn:z8c8c5:9f3g:9ay4d,13jirii:150uuz1:1000000:150uu00&h=1&p=slb

(Training dummies to zero HP no problem (Thats with epic stuff, no legandary or vorpal stuff))

here are my powers and feets. I'm to lazy to type out my boons. But those add a lot in the dmg as well.

nothing from what you write can give a explanation why the puppet deals 7-8k doing solo dailies and dealing 700000 damage going ecc or eTOS

the build you posted is similar to what I run before respec to damnation path... i got 3 times outdamaged from a damnationlock 2,1k GS wearing some green stuff , for your interest
    maybe you perform better in PVP with that build, i didn´t felt a big advantage at all
    tbh without negation enchant and lolset everything is pure pain in PVP for a warlock, no matter what build he runs, compared to other classes its a bad joke
    btw without Negation enchant tempbuild is better choice with low gear in my opinion
    sure dealing more damage with CD, but also having tons of weared damage slopes and onhits from avalanche and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchants
    my crappy GWF with the right PVP build cuts my warlock and most other warlocks in pieces very fast
    75k damage hits at tiamat with 40k powerbuff+ full raid on top is nothing to be upset about
    the GWF can do >50k by selfbuffs solo on trainingsdummy without any buff from tiamat or other player using sure strike
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

same in skirmishes

It's just the buffs.

nothing from what you write can give a explanation why the puppet deals 7-8k doing solo dailies and dealing 700000 damage going ecc or eTOS

the build you posted is similar to what I run before respec to damnation path... i got 3 times outdamaged from a damnationlock 2,1k GS wearing some green stuff , for your interest
    maybe you perform better in PVP with that build, i didn´t felt a big advantage at all
    tbh without negation enchant and lolset everything is pure pain in PVP for a warlock, no matter what build he runs, compared to other classes its a bad joke
    btw without Negation enchant tempbuild is better choice with low gear in my opinion
    sure dealing more damage with CD, but also having tons of weared damage slopes and onhits from avalanche and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchants
    my crappy GWF with the right PVP build cuts my warlock and most other warlocks in pieces very fast
    75k damage hits at tiamat with 40k powerbuff+ full raid on top is nothing to be upset about
    the GWF can do >50k by selfbuffs solo on trainingsdummy without any buff from tiamat or other player using sure strike

And because sw damnation did more bugged damage than your fury you killed your non bugged tree with respec?

The puppet is bugged. 4K Great weapon fighter no way to kill a drider elite mob in 2 hit. BUT a 2.6 damnation do it ? is that normal?
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'm out of topic but just wanted to prove that Fury warlocks are also bugged - 10 milion Murderous Flames strike:

68626809c6c4a482a5c40f1cc2de3f6f.png
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    edited July 2015

same in skirmishes

It's just the buffs.

And because sw damnation did more bugged damage than your fury you killed your non bugged tree with respec?

The puppet is bugged. 4K Great weapon fighter no way to kill a drider elite mob in 2 hit. BUT a 2.6 damnation do it ? is that normal?

No, the reason is simple. I could just delete the class running fury, because PVE, PVP and solo dailies is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> running that build.
    Respeccing to damnation is more fun in PVE, some skilled GWF are pretty close in damage going T2, some just underperform
    GWF at 2,5k GS deals up to 500k with IBS and pVorp
    The class is the one that got most overpowered in Mod 6, due to the longeat and biggest whiningthreads in the hole forum since longbtime
    Being beaten in a dungeon by some warlocks must be really punishement i guess
    Going PVP and daylies is much easier than with warlock
    My GWF Solos WoD with ease, kills three times faster running into mob groups and if I would respecc to Swordmaster and take a pVorp again there is nothing that could beat that crappy half booned char
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    Again, no offense meant here, just saying, you put a lot of time and/or money into your character

You think you are going to have great DPS without putting time or effort in? 15 months for full set of top end gear isn't unreasonable either when starting a 0.

And $100 spent in over a years time is nothing. $6 a month, and I'm guessing he probablay didn't even have to spend all that, some was spent for the hell of it.

edited July 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »
    regenerde wrote: »
    Again, no offense meant here, just saying, you put a lot of time and/or money into your character

You think you are going to have great DPS without putting time or effort in? 15 months for full set of top end gear isn't unreasonable either when starting a 0.

And $100 spent in over a years time is nothing. $6 a month, and I'm guessing he probablay didn't even have to spend all that, some was spent for the hell of it.
    You think, that any other class with similar upgraded gear will not bring much more DPS and support to the group, then a SW?

Anyway, just read my post again, and try to understand, that it's not about the effort or money, that has been put into that character. It's more about showing, that a SW has to have much better gear to deliver the same results, then any other class.

Not to mention, what will happen, when they fix the Soul Puppet or adjust the Lostmauth set?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    fernuu wrote: »
    SW is probably the best DPS in mod6... just need proper gear.

As a SW with legendary gear/mythic gear I call BS on this. At BIS we maybe, and I say maybe can be on par with other classes running rank 7s and purple gear.

With the exception of some very obvious exploits, the SW scores lowest in pretty much every catagory. Which is why you dont seem them in game that much anymore.

edited July 2015
    Damnation is broken, right
    running fury spec T1 or T2 you can´t compete against most classesin all over damage, in case they know their class, TR/GWF are far better
    CW could be a bit weaker atm since fix, but he is the most important part cc´ing everything, like TR
    Hunter, i think even rightous DC outdamages fury in most cases
    on single target a skilled TR/GWF and Hunter will beat you
    CW and rightous DC not imo
  • MiseryMisery Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    It's not the puppet alone, in most cases it's CW's nightmare wizardy + chaotic fury buffs or other buffs comming from DC (Into the fray of GF's didn't seem to be the case however). In m5 2-3m tics were usually provoked by a cleric running with HP set. So that's why somebody on preview can't recreate that monstrous hits of soul puppet alone. Gotta run a party for that.
    Actually, I suspect combat advantage is so screwed up that looking deeper into the problem would only bring more questions than the answers leaving the searcher confused. So let's just agree 500-2m hits from soul puppet is no way Working As Intended.

P.S multiprocs, multiprocs everywhere.
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • tyaukxtyaukx Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Well said
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    We have a response from Strumslinger (to my frustrated posting) in General Discussion. Apparently they are going to carry out some changes.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
    edited August 2015
    I would not count on that... all the talk is fine and good, but it only counts, what is patched at the end of the day.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    In one of the stronghold developer live streams the EP said they were looking to balance classes for pvp and specifically the SW needed some changes. It was near the 50+ min mark.

Hopefully this will be pre SH GvG being enabled.
  • drifter902drifter902 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    fernuu wrote: »
    I invested basicly nothing - no more than $100 in this whole time.

i find this hard to believe looking at all the mythic gear. however i've only been playing for like 6 months, so i'm not sure how much easier RP was to come by in earlier mods.
  • coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    I do believe what ever the class you choose...it is harder for a new player to accomplish the same as which Fernuu has in the same period of time due to all the changes as of late in the game from Mod 6 and up. It will actually cost newer players more real cash now since that seems to be the direction of the games future. But we can't knock it or call it unfair especially if someone has put in 15+months of time in their build compared to 2 or 3 months. I applaud the effort and the time spent to accomplish your goals.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    You guys don't understand the issues and problems with this class (For those that have not played them and speculating.). For the most part on average when I put the same enchants on my GWF for ETOS, I leaving that dungeon with 205 million damage and on my Damnation Warlock, same gear with optimized damage the highest to date is 134 million.

Mod 5, Warlocks were in a very decent place "At least when I was running Temptation and Tenebros enchant/armor bonuses were working.".

You know what, ...nvm, it's not even worth typing on this topic until we see what developers do for this class :s
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    You can outdps any other class as a damnation warlock in similar gear (mid level gear 1.5-3k) they soul puppet does insane damage. And you dont even need lostmauth to do it.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    grimah said:

You can outdps any other class as a damnation warlock in similar gear (mid level gear 1.5-3k) they soul puppet does insane damage. And you dont even need lostmauth to do it.

yes , and its fun too
    I can pray all time again: incase you did not test damnation, give it a try, you will not regret
    in case you want to be clean and legit like a filly in spring, play another game
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    grimah said:

Please, stop bringing this up. Puppet does not do insane damage while playing solo content. Meaning solo players can't freakin enjoy the class.

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Soloing was quite horrible until i started to invest in lifesteal. Now base ls over 16% and transcedent lifedrinker slotted i have no problems. (Fury)
    edited October 2015
    Soloing is a pain with low geared and even with good geared its hard to deal with mobgroups compared to my other classes i play DC and GWF
    I also would like to get a rework or fix of everything , but tbh I doubt this company is able to fix things in time
    Well, i doubt we will see any improvements (not just for SW) before Underdark is being released at the end of this year.
    Want to know why?
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    gomok72 said:

For the most part on average when I put the same enchants on my GWF for ETOS, I leaving that dungeon with 205 million damage and on my Damnation Warlock, same gear with optimized damage the highest to date is 134 million.

You make 205 mio Damage in etos with your gwf? Erm...do you make this solo or with a perma bubble OP in your grp? I cant believe you can deal so many damage if you got a decent grp in etos.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

The class is the one that got most overpowered in Mod 6, due to the longeat and biggest whiningthreads in the hole forum since longbtime

You deal 500 with an 2,5k gwf only if you got enough buffer/debuffer in your grp. You dont deal 500k with IBS on a puppet for example when your alone.

edited October 2015
    blinxon said:

You deal 500 with an 2,5k gwf only if you got enough buffer/debuffer in your grp. You dont deal 500k with IBS on a puppet for example when your alone.

sure buffed, since i use act i know the numbers
    but 205 mio damage in eTOS only works in case you have a tank + heal and near no other DPS classes or 2 of them who deal near no damage
    but beside that running with random groups the damnationbuild beats most of equal geared GWF , tbh only one or two beat my PVP build in that time and they were better geared ,
    GWF´s damage seems to rises exponentially with getting more gear and above 3k+ they become monster, some of them at least