test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat - If not now... never?

soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
This horse has been beaten and beaten, but I'm looking at this from another angle...

I think Tiamat is just too hard for the Xbox community. I have run it 4 times this week and come away with 4 losses. I know that's not a lot of attempts, but my time is limited and so is my motivation at this point. I'd rather do something else in the game and so I do. But I also want those precious favors.

In these 4 losses the DPS was good. Other bone headed mistakes were the culprit. Once again nobody grabbed a blue gem. Another time several people used the green gem inappropriately.. at least for that incident me and another player were able to salage something but still too many wiped. Once too many people tried to jump to the other head and most of them did not make it. Don't forget thr dreaded frame rate drop. And of course if any little thing goes wrong then people leave.

We have had plenty of time to get this down and, if we don't have it down by now I just don't think it's going to improve. I don't see how it could. A person either listens and learns or they don't.

Anyone know if Tiamat is supposed to be any easier in the upcoming mods?
My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
Haven - Righteous Cleric
Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin

Comments

• Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    From my understanding, Tiamat will have increased damage resistance and will become a level 70 encounter.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    Lol... that's horrible news. :(

I may just not even go for the boons.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • Options
    sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I couldn't agree more....while I don't expect Tiamat to be easy, getting 25 players in console gaming to work together is almost a greater accomplishment than actually beating Tiamat itself.....Just last night I experienced this very fact when the group I was in easily had the DPS capable of beating tiamat yet those with dragon gems were completely misusing them on nearly every dragon head leading to countless deaths. Fortunately the DPS was so great that we were still able to win with a few seconds to spare, however it was an absolute joke that it was ever that close to begin with.

Speaking of close....it would be nice if they would fix the timer so that A) it didn't start until the dragon head was fully up and B) have the defeat end immediately once the final dragons health is at 0 (as opposed to it taking 3-4 seconds before the head drops). I've had at least a handful of runs where one, or both, of these issues were the difference between victory or defeat.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I dont understand why they don't group people up into groups of 4 or five and enable communication among them. if small parties were uniformly in a chat explanations could be given to the new people and direction given. it's the lack of vocal communication that makes this event so terrible. you can't take time to type something out. They are failing to account for the different way console communicates from PC.
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    If they let you que up with your friends in a group then Tiamat won't be a challenge. They also do that to make sure the low lvl characters get a chance to complete Tiamat with high lvl characters. Trying to be fair. Just what I think.
  • Options
    Once in Tiamat I always try to form or get into a group. It makes things a lot easier. I also use "say" to try and remind people about the gems, potions, scrolls and strategy if needed.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I didn't mean party up with friends, I meant party you up in a group of randoms. there is a giant group of what 24 people? Why not four groups of six (or six of four) of those assembled people with chat enabled. that way you can at least try to be organized as a group. Right now it's just a free for all. It's not a matter of challenging. right now it's near impossible and it doesn't have much to do with GS or AP or whatever.. it's communication. pure and simple.
  • Options
    The biggest problem in tiamat is the biggest problem with newer gamers in General; there's almost no sense of teamwork. From posts on this forum about players not wanting to carry or even revive teammates to game experience supporting such, theres very little team oriented sentiment. Most players I've encountered are extremely self-centered and feel entitled to being a 'leader' or something while having no experience or understanding of what's involved in a leadership role. A lot of kids think leadership is about barking orders and getting people to suit them and give them what they want. There's no sense of responsibility or putting the team first. There's plenty of crying and pointing the finger when the sofa king doesn't get their way though.

There's a fundamental lesson of life missing in many of today's gamers. The lesson of learning from ones peers. I can always tell when a player is actually skilled and experienced because they help their teammates and adjust strategies to compensate for deficiencies their teammates have. I was a less than 7k cw in PvP stomping on 11k and 12k players with just a little help from my teammates. There's no reason a 10k shouldn't Be given the chance. I can carry a 10k cleric with both my CWs. I can tell the difference when I'm with my team and what effect my absence has. Teamwork will go a very long ways once everybody in the team realizes they aren't the priority and the team working together to accomplish the task at hand is. The problem provides direction by necessity of solution.

Well said. I always attempt to help out to the best of my abilities. Sadly, the same can not be said for the majority.
  • Options
    Honestly people tend to over complicate tiamat. The reality is that tiamat takes next to 0 teamwork, so communication is pointless. all it takes is like 5-8 people with a brain to grab and use the blue and green gems properly and the adequate amount of dps, which means you can't have too many 10k-13k running around with no ion stone. It's literally all common sense

I see a lot of players running around in with no companion summoned at all. Lol I don't understand it.
  • Options
    xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I dont understand why they don't group people up into groups of 4 or five and enable communication among them. if small parties were uniformly in a chat explanations could be given to the new people and direction given. it's the lack of vocal communication that makes this event so terrible. you can't take time to type something out. They are failing to account for the different way console communicates from PC.

^ This....played a game called Aion where we had a chat called vent. Communicated to hundreds to win the abyss forts from the asmodians.

They will figure it out at some point i'm sure.

• Options
    rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    amafia313 wrote: »
    If they let you que up with your friends in a group then Tiamat won't be a challenge. They also do that to make sure the low lvl characters get a chance to complete Tiamat with high lvl characters. Trying to be fair. Just what I think.

"Allowing you to work together would make this massive team based event too easy"

Thats what i read. I say if thats genuinely the case, let us communicate and make it more difficult

@ 70 we can group in teams of 5 i think before entry
  • Options
    indiscriminantindiscriminant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Honestly people tend to over complicate tiamat. The reality is that tiamat takes next to 0 teamwork, so communication is pointless. all it takes is like 5-8 people with a brain to grab and use the blue and green gems properly and the adequate amount of dps, which means you can't have too many 10k-13k running around with no ion stone. It's literally all common sense

I see a lot of players running around in with no companion summoned at all. Lol I don't understand it.

Thats what its supposed to look like, an Ioun Stone gives the user the stats it wears, if you are using an actual companion in the fight you shouldn't be in the fight realistically.

That said I don't find tiamat to be that hard obviously, just feel its silly stuff most of the time that causes failures such as was mentioned with the gems. Hell, half the problem is the fact people simply don't pick up the gems. I bet most of the people complaining about DPS and screaming FAIL don't actually pick up a gem in the first place and are contributing to the problem. Literally EVERYONE should have a gem, every single person in the fight. If you don't you are THE PROBLEM.
  • Options

Thats what its supposed to look like, an Ioun Stone gives the user the stats it wears, if you are using an actual companion in the fight you shouldn't be in the fight realistically.

That said I don't find tiamat to be that hard obviously, just feel its silly stuff most of the time that causes failures such as was mentioned with the gems. Hell, half the problem is the fact people simply don't pick up the gems. I bet most of the people complaining about DPS and screaming FAIL don't actually pick up a gem in the first place and are contributing to the problem. Literally EVERYONE should have a gem, every single person in the fight. If you don't you are THE PROBLEM.

I wear an Ion Stone so I'm aware of the animation. Some people don't have ANYTHING summoned. Not even an Ion Stone.

• Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    A lot of failures are due to just plain stupidity. It seems like most of the tiamat runs I've been in lately have sufficient dps to succeed. Most of the failures lately have been due to dumb mistakes, like glitching the black head, misuse of the appropriate gem, or not one person even having a single gem of a particular color. I still see lots of people running around without a gem color aura around their head so they've either not picked one up or don't even equip it. It boggles the mind that these imbeciles still haven't learned the simple strategies for this event. How do they even figure out how to turn the xbox on?
  • Options
    mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Once the new mods hit, from what I'm told, Tiamat will be even harder to beat. Personally though I'm done with Tiamat. Not because its too hard, but because I've already earned everything I possibly could from it and I'm not really interested in the Tiamat artifsct set bonus that's coming with mod 6. That said though, out of the 100 or so wins and 20 or so losses I've had, I can share that from my experience, most failures are due to the "diffusion of responsibility" phenomenon ("I don't have to grab blue gem, there's two other people up here with me, they'll get it"). Sure, this phenomenon inherently occurs dud to a lack of communication. But communication isn't really necessary if you just take the mantle upon yourself and fill any gaps you see. I'm not saying you need to become a leader in order to have a successful run, if anything, another reason for failure is the whole "too many chieftains not enough indians" thing. I'm just saying, if you notice something needs to be done, don't blame others for not doing it, do it yourself.
    elikenui wrote: »
    I still see lots of people running around without a gem color aura around their head so they've either not picked one up or don't even equip it.

If someone has their Fashion gear as being actively displayed, the aura thing that normally displays aroubd your head won't show up. Not making excuses for everyone. Just saying, just because you don't see that aura doesn't mean they don't have a gem equipped.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Yeah, I didn't mean the people with their fashion set on, it's the adventuring gear without any aura around it that drives me nuts. And I can't remember a run in recent memory where someone didn't drop a gem on the wrong head. There can't be that many color-blind people playing.
  • Options
    ....tiamat is easy.

That said, a person can do everything that they should be doing and still lose. Lose a lot actually. For those of you that win a lot more than you lose, congratulations. However there are a lot of people still that know what to do and yet end up with group after group that fail.

So as easy as it may be, I still think it's too difficult for xbox gamers in it's current state.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • Options
    tonight we had a win. it was awesome.. but then it said fail. even if you do absolutely everything perfectly it still says fail. it registered at first as win. I did get some new gear from that run, but when it came to the end and the chest and the final you won the event roll out of winnings it said we failed and we got the fail animation. this game is really broken.
  • Options
    cinder8000cinder8000 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Speaking of close....it would be nice if they would fix the timer so that A) it didn't start until the dragon head was fully up and B) have the defeat end immediately once the final dragons health is at 0 (as opposed to it taking 3-4 seconds before the head drops). I've had at least a handful of runs where one, or both, of these issues were the difference between victory or defeat.

YES!! It's so demoralizing when it happens. You're in a group with decent teamwork, you just have enough DPS to beat her with 4 seconds to spare, and then you get the "Tiamat Emerging" message instead of the victory cinematic. Please, if any devs are reading this, address this issue.
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    cinder8000 wrote: »

YES!! It's so demoralizing when it happens. You're in a group with decent teamwork, you just have enough DPS to beat her with 4 seconds to spare, and then you get the "Tiamat Emerging" message instead of the victory cinematic. Please, if any devs are reading this, address this issue.
    Just had that exact same situation, 4 seconds left on the clock and all heads completely down. A complete waste of 20 minutes yet again. Here's a suggestion for the developers: How about fixing all the existing content before releasing a whole lot of new stuff that will doubtless not function properly for weeks on end.

• Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    cinder8000 wrote: »

The 2:00 timer on the killing the heads round is off by AT LEAST 10 seconds according to my observations. Black head doesn't come up until about 1:54 left on the timers, and killing the white head with 4 seconds left or less results in the animation not finishing and your run failing.

THIS is what I'd like to see fixed. Start the clock with Black is up and attackable and end it when White's HP hits zero.
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    previous post went horribly awry. this:

The 2:00 timer on the killing the heads round is off by AT LEAST 10 seconds according to my observations. Black head doesn't come up until about 1:54 left on the timers, and killing the white head with 4 seconds left or less results in the animation not finishing and your run failing.

THIS is what I'd like to see fixed. Start the clock with Black is up and attackable and end it when White's HP hits zero.
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    There is little reason to run Tiamat unless the 4th tier is unlock now. That is when the more 17k+ GS run it.

And lets face it big DPS can make up for a lot of mistakes.
  • Options
    acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, it is laughably bad when Tier 4 is locked. I did two Tiamat runs yesterday at Tier 3. Both were train wrecks. One group did not get the black head all the way down on the first go. What?! The second did not get halfway through green on the first run. I ran out both times because there was a zero chance of winning those matches. I am not angry, however, because I have lots of Linu's favors and I do not need to run it. I will simply wait for Tier 4 before trying again. I am at work and can't check right now -- did it hit Tier 4?
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    It was at 68% when I left for work @ 10amEST
  • Options
    acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    It feels like like our time hitting Tier 4 is drawing to a close. Once Mod 6 hits, I imagine it will be a while before Xbox has a steady WoD population capable of winning.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players