test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did Race Change become more expensive?

neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
I remember it being 1500 Zen a month ago, now it costs 2000 in the shop.

Am I confusing something or did it get more expensive? And if yes, why?

Comments

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    Yeah, it definitely was only 1500 zen before, so you didn't just imagine it. I'm kinda concerned about this, too. Why randomly increase the price of something that's been in the shop for so long?
  • locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    It's the 'Charge a decreasing number of players the maximum and give them very little.' approach.
    As opposed to the 'Charge an increasing number of players the minimum and give them alot.' approach.
    See how that works?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yeah, it definitely was only 1500 zen before, so you didn't just imagine it.

Indeed, here is the wiki entry from 2014
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Race_Reroll_Token
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I wonder why? Dual spec incoming in some form? or just a mistake
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Respec cost more too?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    I will have this resolved, thanks for calling it out.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    Respec's are often needed due to developer's breaking class mechanics in patches. Why this should result in paying for a respec at all is a crime. I'd love to hear their logical reason behind this.

Race changes have indeed increased in cost. Unfortunately, race changes for many people also have to do with them breaking class mechanics and then having to spec out of that race for better racial bonuses elsewhere. Then, there are those who change race just because they are bored and want something different. Unfortunately, there is no way to differentiate between these two.

When the developers break something that have to do with core class mechanics, a complete race change/retraining token should be provided. Never once have I seen them explain why their users should have to pay for the developer's mistakes. All others should be bought at whatever cost they deem fit that particular week I guess.

To increase the cost of services that all users will eventually need to use due to the fact that you (developers) are either intentionally or non-intentionally breaking is exceptionally unethical and wouldn't be permitted anywhere elsewhere as things like Better Business Bureau's and Chamber's of Commerce exist. You guys realize you can make a lot of money by putting out a quality product and treating people fairly right?
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    @panderus

Now it is back to 1500 again.

Thanks for correcting this. :)
  • guurzakguurzak Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    That leaves us with another question, though: How does a shop item change price without it being a deliberate and intentional act on the part of the company? What kind of horrible QA/ change control do you have if "oh oops" is how store prices are assigned?
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    They were hoping no one would notice. Hopefully those that paid the extra 500 zen can get refund.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    onegaki101 wrote: »
    They were hoping no one would notice. Hopefully those that paid the extra 500 zen can get refund.
    they will "fix" this like they "fixed" the account wide companion. aka not fix it. so dont hold your breath.