test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new set of rings?

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
just got this ring from doing HE at SH. cant find any info on gear update. anyone else had the chance to get it?

8Vqmzwq.jpg?1

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Good to see new gear. I've been looking for something better (from a defensive standpoint) than the Ring of Shielding, which isn't available anymore. This doesn't appear to be it, but perhaps there's hope.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Minus 1000 defense????

Minus my defense or my enemy's defense?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Minus 1000 defense????

It would be minus yours. Cursed items are a D&D tradition, including ones powerful enough to be tempting to use anyway....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • MantaraMantara Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    With 2 equiped thats over 1700 crit bonus with a 1000 defense point hit. Very tempting if you ask me.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Minus 1000 defense????

It would be minus yours. Cursed items are a D&D tradition, including ones powerful enough to be tempting to use anyway....

That would be my interpretation. However, this game does not have that tradition until now. I am not against it. I just did not expect NW does that.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Compare and contrast to the personalized rings. 788 stats, plus two slots. This ring has 788 stats, one slot, and half of +200 stat and half of +/-1000 stat.

So if we treat the set bonus as a net +1200, then that's treating the "second slot" of Personalized as +600. If, on the other hand, we treat the net as -800, then that actually makes the missing slot -400. But, of course, the personalized rings are super expensive, so it wouldn't be surprising if the new rings, while being interesting and possibly useful for other purposes, aren't BIS items.

Dunno.

OH! I misread. The +200/-1000 is for ONE ring. Yeah, almost certainly the minus is a minus. Otherwise it'd be pretty abjectly ridiculous. They likely made that part a set bonus so you can't double up.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Minus 1000 defense????

That's the idea. To dispel any confusion, as Beckylunatic points out: it's your defense.
    edited August 2015
    Hooray, word of god! Well, word of dev anyway.

Oh man, I want a Sword of the Berserker now. I mean, I'm a CW, so that'd be useless, and class specific cursed items are a bad idea, but still.

Oh man, what I REALLY want is Vecna's Hand and Eye as cursed artifacts :P
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I think it's a neat way of trying to add something different gear-wise.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Are they salvageable?
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    asterdahl wrote: »
    Minus 1000 defense????

That's the idea. To dispel any confusion, as Beckylunatic points out: it's your defense.

Cool. Now we can focus on stats and trade in stats we don't need/want for something usefull in return. Thank you. Are there more Sets?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    metalldjt wrote: »
    I think it's a neat way of trying to add something different gear-wise.

yea, too bad its only 1 ring, 1 pair of shoes and some companion items, would be nice to get more of this items, even thou they are junk:)

For the moment. With the stronghold upgrading, you will access to another stuff. At least that was like this on the preview.

• azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Now that's kind of a more DnD thing, nice. You want to up the ante, don't even have to change the stats, just make the "cursed" items Legendary or Transcendent. People will fall all over themselves just to be able to slot orange or cyan gear.

Another idea - this is a highly sarcastic, but somewhat legitimate one - but make 'cursed' artifact gear that starts at Legendary but with all negative traits, but you have to reverse refine it back down to green to reach positive stats.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I think it's very cool that tempting cursed items are added to the game like old school D&D. Bravo.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    A set of gauntlets dropped with a similar setup to the fadeless booties for a guildmate so there are more items all from the hardest encounters.
  • kaknoepkaknoep Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    As a HR myself and probably for a SW / CW too.. we will call this the Band of Suicide.

Even is there is 10K crit on it, what good will it do if you get 1 shot by a redcap.

A 10%-20% change to reduce armor by 1000 would probably be better, just my 2 cents.
  • mrgiggles65mrgiggles65 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Hooray, word of god! Well, word of dev anyway.

Oh man, I want a Sword of the Berserker now. I mean, I'm a CW, so that'd be useless, and class specific cursed items are a bad idea, but still.

Oh man, what I REALLY want is Vecna's Hand and Eye as cursed artifacts :P
    What you really want is Vecna's Head.
    Har de har har. Next you'll tell me to go fight the dreaded Gazebo monster :P
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    What you really want is Vecna's Head.

He can even have one of his companions cut his head off and place the Head. I'll even do it for fun... er, free.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review