test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant claim VIP Daily

nem07nem07 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
Tried to claim daily per diem while bag was full, now cant claim at all. The button is lit and available, but does nothing when selected. Other characters not affected, just the one that initially tried. Has been two days, so does not appear to reset after the day has passed.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    My husband was having this issue with one character as well, and she had so much bag space when he showed me the problem that I don't think it could have been full before. Her VIP services weren't working either.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ianelianel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have the same issue. Only tried on my main. Haven't tried my other characters. My main was able to take Per Account claim, not the Per Character Claim. Just a blinking "Claim" button. I also can't use the Moonstone Mask Teleport, Summon Travel Signpost or Summon Mailbox with my main (I have the 6 months VIP).
  • ianelianel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I just logged into 2 other characters I have and I could claim the Daily Claim and I could use the Moonstone Mask Teleport, Summon Travel Signpost or Summon Mailbox. Went back to main (my main character purchased the VIP and claimed the Account Claim for the key) and main still can't claim the Daily or can't use Moonstone Mask Teleport, Summon Travel Signpost or Summon Mailbox.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I am having the same problem as well. I just bought VIP and cannot claim the daily reward.
  • chtarbouillechtarbouille Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    Same here ,have a crapload of toons and only one of them is banned from claiming vip goodies
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    We are looking into this issue. Could you make sure that there is an empty slot available in your inventory when you try to claim your daily reward. This has solved the issue for some people.
    My husband's character being glitched seems to have started because inventory was full the first time attempting to claim the per diem bag (I was mistaken in my earlier post). This character has loads of free space now that she's cleaned up, but she is still unable to interact with the VIP interfaces.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Yep i'm in the same boat,the inventory was full but now there's room but the claim button doesn't do anything.No errors,no inventory full nothing
    Same here ,have a crapload of toons and only one of them is banned from claiming vip goodies

Well that is a little better at least. I have exactly 1 character (that I started about 2.5 years ago when the game first came out) and he is unable to collect his daily reward.

To answer the developer's comment, I had around 3 empty slots when I first tried to claim the reward (not sure of the exact number) and have 8 slots open now, but still no luck.

Can anyone tell me if the identification scrolls you receive for the daily reward are bound to character, bound to account, or completely unbound? My bags are full of items I want to identify (the large number of scrolls that came with VIP was a big part of my motivation for buying it so it is disappointing that I am unable to claim them on the only character I have).
    The scrolls are bound to character.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    I had a similar problem the first time I tried to claim the VIP rewards.
    A simple exit and game reload cleared it up for me.
    Exiting doesn't fix anything for me
  • sylveri0nsylveri0n Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I have this problem on one character. I cant claim the Character reward but can claim the Account reward. I have free slots. Other characters (10ish) can all claim. This has been going on all week. Hopefully the downtime tomorrow will reset whatever the problem is.
  • captainfry420xcaptainfry420x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    I have dozens of inventory slots available. The issue persists; I am unable to teleport to the Moonstone Mask, summon a signpost, mailbox, or salvage anvil, and cannot claim my per character daily rewards. All of my alts can do all of these things.

I hope this is resolved soon.
  • nem07nem07 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    They were able to fix mine through the ticket system, so hopefully everyone is having luck getting it fixed and make sure you open a ticket vs just posting here. GL all.

Nem
    My ticket was created before my post here, and nothing yet. Happy to hear there appears to be progress.
  • sylveri0nsylveri0n Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Okay so I figured out what was causing my problem and fixed it. On this particular character I had the "Can't upgrade powers, boons or anything" bug that can be fixed by a respec. I did the respec and can now claim the daily VIP.
    edited August 2015
    Thank you Sylveri0n,just realised that my GWF was afflicted with the same problem but i won't pay for a respec for a bug i didn't cause (and i already made a ticket since last week so i just won't play that toon for the moment)
    Yes, I am also afflicted with that bug where I cannot spend my available power points.
    Tested and confirmed, completing a respec solved the issue. Purchased and clicked to respec, didn't even spend one power point and all my VIP powers are now working. It would be nice to be reimbursed the 300 zen, but I recognize that is highly unlikely.

Thanks to sylveri0n for the tip!
    Tested and confirmed, completing a respec solved the issue. Purchased and clicked to respec, didn't even spend one power point and all my VIP powers are now working. It would be nice to be reimbursed the 300 zen, but I recognize that is highly unlikely.

Thanks to sylveri0n for the tip!

Well, it sounds like they have a temporary fix in that they can give all of us that are affected by the bug a free respec token. It's not a particularly good fix (I would prefer they actually fix the problem), but I don't have much hope for it as they still have not bothered to fix the bug that prevents people from spending their points once they reach level 70, but instead decided it would be better to force people to waste their free respec fixing the bug.
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    From today's patch notes:
    There is now an option in the power window to apply a free respec when one or more of the characters powers are not in a good state. This would manifest as powers not being purchasable or VIP powers not being usable.

This IS the fix to the problem. Basically your character's internal power trees were screwed up by something. The VIP powers weren't being added to your internal power tree because your tree was not in a good state. The only way to fix it is to rebuild your power tree from scratch which is what a re-spec does.
    Thank you,worked perfectly
  • nothingness#2280 nothingness Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    A simple fix to the VIP functions not working, do the first gear claim...