test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Invocation still needs 2 attempts

m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'll get my invocation show on the first attempt. But I get the invocation window, the timer and another show only after the second invocation attempt.

I guess that change does not work as designed.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    It works, there is just a long delay. Try hitting it once and waiting. I'm not sure if double tapping speeds it up or not...
  • Options
    It is NOT working on my first invocation - That's true for ALL my characters.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    It was WAI last night. This morning, myself, my partner, and the handful of our guildies who have been on have been experiencing the same thing: CTRL+I, a brief pause, then "Press Alt to Return to Game".

But hitting CTRL+I again WAI.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Second round of invoking went smoothly.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    I can't believe they screwed up invoking on this patch. Granted, I'm not sure if this was tested on preview or not, but if it was, surely someone would've noticed it (although that's almost guaranteed that it won't be fixed on preview then). But I'd rather have the annoying double invoke than the increase in HP on enemies that they did. May dig up my LOTRO logins and start playing that again.
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    PTR is dead and never gets updated. I believe this decision was made due to the mass amount of rightful hysteria caused by the Preview forums prior to Mod 6 launch.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    m1957flax wrote: »
    I'll get my invocation show on the first attempt. But I get the invocation window, the timer and another show only after the second invocation attempt.

I guess that change does not work as designed.

took 10-20 attempts for me on most of my chars. just another FUBAR they didn't bother to test.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,295 Arc User
    Yes, I have problem too. I had char that I typed CTRL-I many times and it did not kick in.
    One of the char even have 2 dialog boxes of reward came up although I only got one set of reward. :(
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I was getting an issue where I'd press ctrl+i, the invocation rewards window would flicker, then it would go away. I'd get the RADs in my inventory, but I was able to press ctrl+i again... it was really weird.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    I did <ctrl-I>. The character did the animation but no reward windows came up. No item notification neither. Wait for a long while (half a minute). Nothing happened. <ctrl-I> again. The character did the animation AGAIN. Wait for a while (few seconds). The reward windows came up.

For another character, <ctrl-I>, animation, <ctrl-I> again, animation again, <ctrl-I> again, animation again, ...
    Wait for a while. <ctrl-I>, animation again. The reward window finally showed up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    I can pray 20 times if I don't do it slowly... just be really careful and do it slow without moving and it should only take at least 2x
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    <ctrl+i> wait for animation to finish, walk one step and <ctrl+i> again, it will work immediately.
  • Options
    titanforce1titanforce1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Click on the icon, Control+i no longer works...At least it is FUBAR.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    it's not just the invoking that needs several tries before working, it's the same with the coupons from the new bags.

if you are not very carefull, you might pay the full price, even when you click the coupon in your inventory. you have to try it several times, until you can actually choose the coupon from the drop down menu, and then you will pay the reduced price.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Did they also nerf the daily AD amount? I seem to recall it was roughly 3K throughout the day, but now it is ~2400.
  • Options
    It seems the 1st invocation of the day requires multiple attempts - I don't have that issue on subsequent attempts.

As for the ADs, it goes 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, IIRC. You don't get ADs for the last invocation, but you you get a 2nd ardent coin.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    The AD scales by level its not consistent. I think its at 30, 60 and 70 it changes the amount you obtain.
  • Options
    skitzopyro wrote: »
    The AD scales by level its not consistent. I think its at 30, 60 and 70 it changes the amount you obtain.

Yes... I should have clarified that I mean at level 70.
  • Options
    kujakoll1kujakoll1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    1. press Ctrl + i
    2. wait animation, wait for text "Press alt to return the game"
    3. press Ctrl + i again or left click invoking button in right up corner.
    Works for me on every 1st invokes of the day. 2nd and after needs only Ctrl + i.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive never gotten two rewards.. sometimes thought IT STILL takes me 10-14 tries to invoke.

yes i know there are work arounds, like zoning out ect.. but players shouldnt have to do that to make it work.

I HATE the new invoke system.. but again, its not a top concern of mine, it just sux, but par for the course of what they do lately.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    My observations (20 chars, all LShipping full throttle upwards):

- Only the First Reward's attempt per day is prone to glitching. The 2nd+ reward invocation work fine.
    - It works better is you neither re-invoke nor open any windows (Inventory, Professions,...) before the first attempt's animation is terminated.
    - sometimes you get a flash of the dialog box frame, but no cookies. The next attempt then works well.
    - 1st-invoking almost always works perfectly well if you changes something to your char file before invoking - be that a new task assignment, finishing and cashing in on one, shuffle stuff in your bags,...
    - When you do it last thing before you switch to the next char, it just wrks (because s.a., prbly)

So IMHO & speculation maybe the daily reset subroutine might be the part where the glitch sits...
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Again.. I know that works, what Im trying to point out, is that players shouldn't have to find a work around for a obvious mistake in coding.

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    It's a 4-Second wait.
    First Invoke of the day.
    At 4 seconds the reward screen flashes.
    Once the reward screen flashes you can now invoke normally for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    It's a 4-Second wait.
    First Invoke of the day.
    At 4 seconds the reward screen flashes.
    Once the reward screen flashes you can now invoke normally for the rest of the day.

^ this. was gonna post this myself, glad I read the whole thread :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I found an alternate way to do so something similar. Hold (and not release) <ctrl-I> keys until the real invocation happens.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well, first invoke still buggy... but they changed the drop chance of coupons... just... great.
    Another thing that was working fine so far, but a few had to whine about it. Deleting unwanted coupons was just a simple click, and i really saved some ZEN on buying lockbox keys with those coupons.
    Thanks for the whining about the coupons, every whiner, please send me a couple for GMOPs every week as compensation.

And not sure what is now wrong with the last invoke, since that shows sometimes the same behaviour as the first invoke after this glorious patch.
    Meaning, now you have to invoke several times before it really works... just... great.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    If you are fast with escaping the rewards window, said rewards window that flickered on the first attempt will come back to stay. So I do have to invoke the first time twice, I'll have to exit the reward window twice too.

Maybe it is intended to keep us a few seconds longer in the game with a char before switching to the next alt. But as we do nothing but invoke, will it really make a difference? :wink: