test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds

mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I haven't seen this question answered anywhere so I'm asking it.

How do we change the Guild Stronghold banner and will you make it possible to name our strongholds, like we can in Star Trek Online?

And why is there a Guild Marks cap? Clearly members should be able to gain marks for everything they contribute with, so unless it becomes impossible to contribute when that cap is reached (which is really bad for the guild) then they would contribute and get nothing in return (which is really bad for the player).

Comments

• Options
    daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    1. Stronghold zone is Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggy.

2. Last invocation (6) has a blank screen but appears to be giving the right rewards.

3. VIP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> being character bound is annoying. I.D scrolls, bound? Seriously?

4. On a VIP level 3 toon, I couldn't claim the green level stuff, only the purple

5. Dragons using attacks you can't see coming. That problem should be self explanatory.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Overall, I like Strongholds and Mod 7:

Pros
    - Stonghold Map: it is huge, well detailed with great scenery (and I've only explored a little).
    - Dragonflight Heroics: Very fun. It requires guild cooperation, so for a guild expansion, it is well implemented.
    - Guild Daily Quests: do grant an additional source of XP. Thank you for this.
    - Heroic Encounter Rewards: A good balance between effort and reward.

Cons (and possible bugs)
    - Dungeon Chest Rewards: Drops a bag which has no tooltip information. When double clicked it also sometimes does not give all the rewards.
    - Alternate Dungeon Chest: When activating it says, "You will consume a key". It no longer allows you to view its contents before accepting e.g. Arcane Dragon key for ELOL. I clicked 'yes' to see if I could view contents, but used up the key anyway and got trash rewards.
    - Last Invoking of the Day: gives a blank screen.
    - May not be as friendly to smaller guilds if quotas are similar across the board. Smaller guilds will take a longer time to level. Perhaps a scaling method might work better (but also may be open to exploits).

Suggestions for Improvement
    - Overflow levels: Still give out trash rewards. A guaranteed power point every 'x' number of levels in addition to the RNG would be nice.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    rickywade123rickywade123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    cant log into stronghold it tried to load 30 mins and no load got pee off and truned it off hope it gets better
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    With the few bug that came with Mod 7, (no foundrys, chest in Epic and Stanard Dungeons giving wrong or no rewards) This is what a LOT of the palyer base (not all) but I believe a good majority, was hoping for. I Thank the entire team for doing a great job!.
    P.S.
    Only one member of our guild had any connection problems or lag so... I think that this MAY be an isolated issued.
  • Options
    soullesslordssoullesslords Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    yes this is wrong I hit the guild mark cap of 30,000 already we are a smaller guild and we all contribute but most of us like me are retired and we are old school and will grind all day but to hit the cap this fast is wrong how do I get uncapped we cant spend the guild marks as we still are unlocking things can't unlock stuff to contribute because we care capped. now I'm stuck and cant move forward in the game seriously please help with this.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I hit the cap this morning too, pretty annoying, but we should have the market built within a few days, so I'm not that worried about it.

What I AM unhappy about is, as a guild leader, I have no way to see the contribution levels of my guild member like I could as a fleet leader in STO. I can't imagine the NW and STO teams didn't do some measure of collaboration here, at the very least, the two teams had to have had a sort of discovery meeting to talk about what STO's base system offers.

Seriously - if the NW team didn't work closely with the STO team... that's bad.. very very poor business practice.

I really like Strongholds, I do - I think it's pretty awesome. But I also thing there are some core pieces missing that really shouldn't be missing. At the very least, have contribution data feed the "guildcontribution0" and/or "guildcontrabution1" data fields in the Gateway if there's nowhere to put it in the UI.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    They actually had a UI template in place for it which was removed in later builds.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    I know - I saw it. Makes it even more frustrating that it's not there now.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    Seriously - if the NW team didn't work closely with the STO team... that's bad.. very very poor business practice.

Totally agree with your request for a way to see that information about contributions.

As for the quote at the top. That will never happen. Just look at the amount of emotes in Champions and STO that would be perfectly fine for NW as well. Or look at the much better guild roster in NW that outshines the one in STO and CO, where we can sort on either toon or handle names. It is poor business practice as you say not to make use of all resources produced that can be used with a different texture or a minor modification.

Same engine in all their three games, I've seen shared resources even though they claim it's not possible. Yet there are shoes in STO that are in CO as well.

And WHY ON FEYRÜN are there no Roll Dice emote (for those that don't know what this does, it generate a random number that is displayed in the chat that others can see) in a game that is supposed to be based on a game that is played with dices?

I can make a long list of emotes missing, but this is about Strongholds and as we get to make badges for our fleets in STO (as well as making fleet uniforms) and make a Supergroup image (as well as pick what the supergroup colours are) for Champions. That should be put in to NW, pronto.

Oh and start putting all the new stuff that is missing in to the Foundry, like they do in STO.
  • Options
    You can buy a 20-sided die in the Wonderous Bizzare that rolls. It displays in chat (not sure what channel though) and above your character's head. It also has an animation and shows an actual die rolling on the ground. It's an item though, not an emote.
  • Options
    starrlight9starrlight9 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    A am having a major issue with strong hold right now. I have a quest to complete "temple of the spider" yet temple of the spider is not avilable for que. Our guild is VERY small, bugged quests like these only hinder us instead of helping.
    twitch: Lady_Starrlight
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,244 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    A am having a major issue with strong hold right now. I have a quest to complete "temple of the spider" yet temple of the spider is not avilable for que. Our guild is VERY small, bugged quests like these only hinder us instead of helping.

Do you mean Epic Temple of Spider or just Temple of Spider? I got a stronghold quest for the Epic one.

Edit: there are 2 thread with the same title. I thought my post was lost. .........
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    I hate what this mod is doing to guilds. It isn't just the solo players being forced out. The small guilds are being forced out as well. Even moderately sized guilds are suffering. This mod was for the very large guilds filled with mostly active players. Unfortunately I am not in one of those. I am in a very nice guild with very nice players, but not enough players for this mod to be very effective. Leaving my guild will be like leaving a family, and this mod is trying its best to split us up.
  • Options
    zeroxiczeroxic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I hate what this mod is doing to guilds. It isn't just the solo players being forced out. The small guilds are being forced out as well. Even moderately sized guilds are suffering. This mod was for the very large guilds filled with mostly active players. Unfortunately I am not in one of those. I am in a very nice guild with very nice players, but not enough players for this mod to be very effective. Leaving my guild will be like leaving a family, and this mod is trying its best to split us up.

...has alrdy happened to my 'family'
    the numbers are simply too high for casuals - STO all over again only faster
    i rly wanted this game to succeed and had high hopes
    but since the decision has been made for me - good luck to all of you...