test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter has changed for the negative

zapoluszapolus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
Neverwinter used to be fun to play. I liked the options after I leveled up enough to do level appropriate dungeons or not do them at all. I miss those days. Once I hit end game I could choose many dungeons to join.

What happened to the dungeons? Why remove the key aspect (and name) oriented feature of this game to the level you have now?

Content released e should inspire and intrigue pvp and pve aspects....Not what mod 7 has at all....A resource dump, pvp, join a guild or fall behind aspect.

I think I will move on from this game, since many dungeons I like were removed. I thought with player feedback about this would have been heard by now. Strum you are getting as bad as Akro, silent as of late. Drink the kool-aid Strum (Andy) and you will fade.

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    While there has been a major contraction of dungeons, I'd say there have been a lot of positive changes.

The most run content is still here. AFter you got your t2 most people stopped running t1/t2's and only ran cn/mc/vt/lol So unfortunately cn is gone too but even that was pretty dead in mod 5. There seem to be a lot of dungeons being ran again for what is there. Don't get me wrong, I want all the old ones back but this isn't as massive of a deal as it first appears imo.

RP, you can refine stacks of rp now instead of one at a time and there is a lot more dropping from legitimate play rather than Dragon's horde farming.

The next two categories I'm going to take some heat on because they will likely be very unpopular opinions.

The lifesteal changes are great as well. My SW used to be an immortal god that nothing could kill unless I did something stupid. Now I'm actually in danger and when I can get a healer that's great. Tanks are wanted, healers are wanted. This was a change that was very much needed.

The leveling speed of 60-70. I just came back so I've only gotten a few levels in, and maybe my opinion will change, but so far I like it. Leveling should be a time sink. You shouldn't be able to run a character to max level over the weekend like I used to. The fact that even with some azures and the leveling shirt and pants that it'll probably take 1-2 nights per level for me is great. That's more how the entire game should be not just 60-70.

Next up is the new patch.

We're only one evening into it. And yes, it is a lot of gathering mats as a guild for boons. However this gives a point to joining a guild. Mod's 2-5 one of the most frequent things I read was people saying that guilds were pointless to join. They're not now. This is a good thing as long as they don't gate any dungeon content behind needing the boons to complete them power wise.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Now everyone will be running within their GUILD stronhold leaving Protector's Enclave almost DESERTED... you know what happens when a game gets deserted right?
    guille23mx wrote: »
    Now everyone will be running within their GUILD stronhold leaving Protector's Enclave almost DESERTED... you know what happens when a game gets deserted right?

Who just stayed in PE? I was just in there for the bank and mailboxes etc while I was playing, or if I was trying to find a pug. The only characters I had in PE were my invocation alts who just stood by the alter. Deserted games don't have players in combat zones.
  • ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    While there has been a major contraction of dungeons, I'd say there have been a lot of positive changes.

The most run content is still here. AFter you got your t2 most people stopped running t1/t2's and only ran cn/mc/vt/lol So unfortunately cn is gone too but even that was pretty dead in mod 5. There seem to be a lot of dungeons being ran again for what is there. Don't get me wrong, I want all the old ones back but this isn't as massive of a deal as it first appears imo.

RP, you can refine stacks of rp now instead of one at a time and there is a lot more dropping from legitimate play rather than Dragon's horde farming.

The next two categories I'm going to take some heat on because they will likely be very unpopular opinions.

The lifesteal changes are great as well. My SW used to be an immortal god that nothing could kill unless I did something stupid. Now I'm actually in danger and when I can get a healer that's great. Tanks are wanted, healers are wanted. This was a change that was very much needed.

The leveling speed of 60-70. I just came back so I've only gotten a few levels in, and maybe my opinion will change, but so far I like it. Leveling should be a time sink. You shouldn't be able to run a character to max level over the weekend like I used to. The fact that even with some azures and the leveling shirt and pants that it'll probably take 1-2 nights per level for me is great. That's more how the entire game should be not just 60-70.

We're only one evening into it. And yes, it is a lot of gathering mats as a guild for boons. However this gives a point to joining a guild. Mod's 2-5 one of the most frequent things I read was people saying that guilds were pointless to join. They're not now. This is a good thing as long as they don't gate any dungeon content behind needing the boons to complete them power wise.

Excuse me sir but how much did crypctic paid you to write this? Im not THAT mad at the game but you seems to love things that nobody does( you almost said yay less dungeons =D )

About RP, especially Resonance stones, are only consistently available in WoD in an average amount of 8k/run. For reaching lvl 60 you need 4,6m of RP and since 1 run= 1 hour we need 575 hours aprox to refine one piece. Since there are 4 of this we need a total of 2300 hours playing just runs in WoD to get the RP needed. Since a day has 24 hours you can realize that a total of 96 days just playing WoD no sleeping or doing anything else. So what people do? Just put money and wait for double RP event(F2P but PTW?)

About experience the gap should be distribuited between 1-70 not just 60-70 that way you wont miss skirmishes in maps because you have too much lvl.

I do play a SW and let me tell you that leveling 60-70 was horrible. I was so broke from buying so many injury kits and potions that i even had to sell enchantments instead of refinement. I really dont know which path you play from SW but seriously there have been some serious nerfs to the class. Now im doing alright but still cant decently solo a group of mobs in WoD and my iL is 2,1k. In other instances like dungeons i do decent damage, usually do more dmg than other classes with up to 2,5k iL and i dont even have armor or weapon enchantments. Still SW need more damage to compensate that you really dont need a heal because everything kills you in one shot(who can heal you when you are defeated ) or since lifesteal is a useless stat we could change feats to deflection, that actually could help in getting two shotted and not one shotted and in that case yay! healers! Other thing that bothers me about the class is that the BiS Belt is clearly Black Ice Belt and this is the ONLY belt that you cant buy in the AH and it's impossible to farm 250K of black ice. It's as stupid as the RP gain, so this is a real disadvantage for us. Sure we can go Lostmauth's set but why a warlock would need strenght and dexterity...

About stronghold i just played the new patch and i really liked it. This could be HUUUUUGE but we need the devs to fix the bugs of the rest of the game, bring some balance to classes before PvP SH starts, and really take a calculator before writing some numbers in items requirement.

At the beginning i expected nothing but <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the strongholds patch, especially when nobody could even enter the game, but after playing it i think it has a lot of potential but with the state of the game right now will create more and more disaprove because this patch will only be totally useful for the already BiS or already PTW players that will continue to grow when the average people will take almost nothing. If the devs really fix this things and give the average player much more ways of earning good items i think the game income will grow up a lot, because nowadays people play until lvl 30-40 and leave, and if they get to lvl 60 they quit after trying to get lvl 70.
  • kingarthyrkingarthyr Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I have to agree with Zap. I see very few positives in this game. I pretty much stopped playing a long time ago, just logging in once a day to do my invokes and professions. I used to play this game for hours after work, and almost all weekend. Then they nerfed my toons, over and over. I don't want to be forced into a certain path/set up in order to survive. If that's the case, why bother having multiple paths? And I'm sorry, but a level 70 shouldn't be 1-2 shot by a "trash" mob. Each patch and mod things get worse and worse. They increase the bugs exponentially, make a few minor fixes, add more stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to buy for real money, then release another buggy mod. I stupidly hoped (once again) that I might be able to play the game after the patch. I still can't get in due to their faulty coding. If you cannot write clean code, double and triple checking it, then testing it over and over (and you refuse to do anything when bugs are reported) then you should be fired...preferably from a cannon into a reinforced concrete wall.

And before any of you jump down my throat saying I don't understand the complexities, or that I don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain a few things.... I've been gaming, offline and online for over 30 years. I have designed entire fantasy realms for AD&D and D&D. I have coded online games, modified their code, created and designed games from ground up. I have also been a DM on 4 online games based on AD&D/D&D. I know all too well about game balance, creating viable skills, traps, content, environment, testing, development, and much more. The last game I designed was created so I could make major changes while the game was online, with players on the server without needed maintenance because it was designed to do so. That particular game had Oerth, Faerun, Krynn, the Ethereal, Inner, Astral and Outer Planes, full weather system (that affected the game), over 30 different classes, 22 unique races, and true game balance (not to mention about 500 different skills, and 3 magic types (with a minimum of 100 spells for each).

So bear that all in mind when I say what I'm about to say: I created better games when I was 12 years old, by myself, than we are playing here. I have never seen a more poorly designed game in my life. I remain for 2 reasons: 1) My wife still plays and I enjoy doing things with her. 2) I've met a few great people I now consider to be friends on here and enjoy talking to them. If it were not for those 2 things, especially #1, I'd be uninstalling this poor excuse for a MMO in a NY minute. The only thing Cryptic cares about is fleecing every single one of us out of as much of our hard earned money as possible. Period. And they can delete this post all they want. It will NOT change the truth.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

PE is still useful for:

1. /LFG to get dungeons going with non-PUGs - although I do like to PUG now and again for the challenge ;)
    2. Going to the Trade of Blades to get the PvP dailies
    3. Banking which is in close proximity to everything. The Strongholds bank is still further to run to, and not everyone has rank 12 VIP access
    4. Obtaining Tyranny of Dragon Campaign quests from the Harpers
    5. New players will go to PE all the time for Sergeant Knox quests
    6. Daily dungeon key

Strongholds also seems to take longer to load up. Loading up in PE is much faster for me still.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User

So with this logic we could say that the game has been deserted for a long time, since there's almost no one in hotenow.

ibarenas wrote: »

Excuse me sir but how much did crypctic paid you to write this? Im not THAT mad at the game but you seems to love things that nobody does( you almost said yay less dungeons =D )

About RP, especially Resonance stones, are only consistently available in WoD in an average amount of 8k/run. For reaching lvl 60 you need 4,6m of RP and since 1 run= 1 hour we need 575 hours aprox to refine one piece. Since there are 4 of this we need a total of 2300 hours playing just runs in WoD to get the RP needed. Since a day has 24 hours you can realize that a total of 96 days just playing WoD no sleeping or doing anything else. So what people do? Just put money and wait for double RP event(F2P but PTW?)

About experience the gap should be distribuited between 1-70 not just 60-70 that way you wont miss skirmishes in maps because you have too much lvl.

I do play a SW and let me tell you that leveling 60-70 was horrible. I was so broke from buying so many injury kits and potions that i even had to sell enchantments instead of refinement. I really dont know which path you play from SW but seriously there have been some serious nerfs to the class. Now im doing alright but still cant decently solo a group of mobs in WoD and my iL is 2,1k. In other instances like dungeons i do decent damage, usually do more dmg than other classes with up to 2,5k iL and i dont even have armor or weapon enchantments. Still SW need more damage to compensate that you really dont need a heal because everything kills you in one shot(who can heal you when you are defeated ) or since lifesteal is a useless stat we could change feats to deflection, that actually could help in getting two shotted and not one shotted and in that case yay! healers! Other thing that bothers me about the class is that the BiS Belt is clearly Black Ice Belt and this is the ONLY belt that you cant buy in the AH and it's impossible to farm 250K of black ice. It's as stupid as the RP gain, so this is a real disadvantage for us. Sure we can go Lostmauth's set but why a warlock would need strenght and dexterity...

About stronghold i just played the new patch and i really liked it. This could be HUUUUUGE but we need the devs to fix the bugs of the rest of the game, bring some balance to classes before PvP SH starts, and really take a calculator before writing some numbers in items requirement.

At the beginning i expected nothing but <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the strongholds patch, especially when nobody could even enter the game, but after playing it i think it has a lot of potential but with the state of the game right now will create more and more disaprove because this patch will only be totally useful for the already BiS or already PTW players that will continue to grow when the average people will take almost nothing. If the devs really fix this things and give the average player much more ways of earning good items i think the game income will grow up a lot, because nowadays people play until lvl 30-40 and leave, and if they get to lvl 60 they quit after trying to get lvl 70.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not glad the dungeons are gone, at first I was kind of all raged up about it. Then I realized I didn't run most of the ones that were gone anymore except for nostalgia.

The rp situation, yeah it's still designed to convince you to pay, but it's still much much better than it was. Were you here mod 5? It's not great, there are still some improvements that could be made but better is better if only by a small amount.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    To the OP and others of similar sentiment:

Sorry you feel that way. I've found its a waste to try and convince people with this opinion otherwise, so... Bye! No. Really. BYE. Don't let the virtual door hit your virtual butt on the way out. Do us a favor though and don't make things worse with your negativity.

I need to find a YouTube clip of the SNL flight attendants bubbye sketch for posts like this :)
  • zapoluszapolus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    To the OP and others of similar sentiment:

Sorry you feel that way. I've found its a waste to try and convince people with this opinion otherwise, so... Bye! No. Really. BYE. Don't let the virtual door hit your virtual butt on the way out. Do us a favor though and don't make things worse with your negativity.

I need to find a YouTube clip of the SNL flight attendants bubbye sketch for posts like this :)

You seem to be a troll, night night noob
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    They plan to bring back dungeons on mod 8. Reason? No time, no labor resources. It could have many reasons. You should not take this so personally with our community manager.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    flyingleon wrote: »
    They plan to bring back dungeons on mod 8. Reason? No time, no labor resources. It could have many reasons. You should not take this so personally with our community manager.

Except... they've already said that a Mod 8 return of offline dungeons is not likely. Yes. Really. They, the Devs, said that.

Nope, I'm not gonna go hunt down the thread link because that's not my job. But suffice it to say the offline dungeons will be back soon™.
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Whatever the case may be, they didn't seem to bring back many players for this Mod. Barely anyone from my guild or friends list is back. So to me, that screams failure.

When your hemorrhaging players, you don't implement extremely unpopular changes like leadership/gateway. Strongholds seems to have been a failure from the start, so perhaps the game was doomed anyway. They just don't have realistic priorities and they haven't brought back the "fun" in the game. Grinding <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over and over is not fun. Back when you could run CN and some other dungeons and have a realistic chance of getting something valuable to sell was much more fun. Clearly the new folks in charge want this game to be work. If we don't want to work, we have to pay. Even then there are some "work" items you can't pay to skip. Not a very well thought out plan.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    It brings back significant amount of people back to my guild. In the past 3 weeks, there were at most one page and a bit in guild roster.
    Last night, it is filled up. The TS were filled with people and people are actually in different rooms. It was a bit chaotic with so many people. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Also please note, that I myself am back because of strongholds. The concept sounded like fun, and an mmo is all about grinding.
    The numbers don't lie though.

steamcharts.com/app/109600
  • sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    does that count include people that don't use steam?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    sm0ld3r wrote: »

A lot of people switched from steam to Arc (or nothing) because there are other pain involves using steam. If you want to buy Zen using real money, you better use Arc, for example.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    buhbye.jpg

That's the best I could do/find bud... Hope it's helpful! :)

va8Ru.gif
    plasticbat wrote: »
    sm0ld3r wrote: »

A lot of people switched from steam to Arc (or nothing) because there are other pain involves using steam. If you want to buy Zen using real money, you better use Arc, for example.

It's a very good indication of the trend. There are many folks that use steam because they have many steam only games.
  • gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Welcome to Newerwinter $tronghold$ :XD
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • gom8gom8 Member Posts: 121 Arc User

you are honestly sounding like a MASSIVE PWE shill, so far every even slightly negative post i have read the past 2 days you have been the FIRST reply on it saying how wrong they are :)

I suppose everyone is entitled to his/her opinion just kinda funny i have read about 10-12 posts since the game came back up, and every single one of those had you as the 1st reply :)

http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/player-banned-over-ridiculous-fair-use-policy/
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I recently popped back to see what has changed. I like the stronghold addition, but I dislike the way the rest of the game has been ignored. You can't just build around a crumbling ruin. I would be ashamed to retweet/repost anything to do with neverwinter because its a steaming mess now.

- Class balance, CW no1 since forever, because CC is king, there needs to be a dedicated class developer who knows how the game works/plays it. My favourite class and now only class is being sidelined for another. Why would i even play the game when im not useful/accepted?

- Where are the dungeons? The fire and forget you did with M6 just ruined it for me dungeons are just not fun, challenge is fine, but the gameplay is as rough as a badger's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the one shots is terrible mechanic.
    - Foundry is just broken, the database is a mess. ratings. No new tools
    - The game used to be fun because there was no caps and there were loot dropping each time you do a dungeon. There needs to be rewarding things that you can do over and over to keep the playerbase interested.

When people ask me if they should play NW, i tell them to stay away. Make a good game and people will play it and support it, throwing out a carrot on a stick only works for the dwindling existing players and just make things worse for the future.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    gogu79 wrote: »
    Welcome to Newerwinter $tronghold$ :XD
    ya the cashgrab within m7 is way higher than i thou rofl
    now we all know why stronghold requirements for structures are so darn high

Someone IM'ed me earlier to tell me that his guild already has their farm, marketplace, and first guild hall upgrade built. We were both pretty disgusted at how blatantly P2W M7 is and how unfair it will be to smaller guilds (though, if those of us in smaller guilds never PvP, it might be less of an issue). As it stands, we'll be weeks just getting the farm built.

I can tell you one thing: I'll never spend Zen to upgrade our stronghold. That will never happen.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured