test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiamat - Fill by role and Quitting/Inactive Penalties

13»

Comments

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Oh, you have not run Tiamat with some of the people I have lol. I have literally only left early maybe 5 times, through 2 characters and countless Tiamat fights. People on here probably think, because of my posts, that I leave every other fight, which is not the case. Those 5 times have gone like this:

1.) Didn't START Black head until 10mins in. Got Black head 1st round, and 1/4 of Green. Yes that is, we downed 1/4 of green, not that there was 1/4 left.

2.) Black Head Glitch, cant do anything about that

3.) We seemed okay. Got black head done, then somehow we only got green to half health.

4.) Same as #1

5.) Fairly recent one here. We were golden, or so I thought. We got 1st round done with even getting red to 1/2 health. But then by the end of round two we literally only scratched White head. And since we only had 2mins left to protect clerics AND get Round three done (which included a fully healed white head)...I left.

So can you honestly tell me that each of those times I should have stayed?
  • azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    So if u cant get the black dragon head down on the first run then u want everyone to stay? For what? I know ppl leave early when its still possible to win but sometimes its just possible. And u can tell pretty early on if it is. Not before the dragon heads of course. Doesnt mattet anyway. They already said they would not raise gs. So im pretty sure they wont punish anyone for leaving
  • willwheatleywillwheatley Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    patsfire wrote: »
    Oh, you have not run Tiamat with some of the people I have lol. I have literally only left early maybe 5 times, through 2 characters and countless Tiamat fights. People on here probably think, because of my posts, that I leave every other fight, which is not the case. Those 5 times have gone like this:

1.) Didn't START Black head until 10mins in. Got Black head 1st round, and 1/4 of Green. Yes that is, we downed 1/4 of green, not that there was 1/4 left.

2.) Black Head Glitch, cant do anything about that

3.) We seemed okay. Got black head done, then somehow we only got green to half health.

4.) Same as #1

5.) Fairly recent one here. We were golden, or so I thought. We got 1st round done with even getting red to 1/2 health. But then by the end of round two we literally only scratched White head. And since we only had 2mins left to protect clerics AND get Round three done (which included a fully healed white head)...I left.

So can you honestly tell me that each of those times I should have stayed?

Of course not, but the point is that adding in a penalty for leaving will GREATLY increase the win %. So you wouldn't have been able to leave those 5 times you mentioned, but you would certainly win a LOT more of the matches that you've lost. That's a pretty good trade-off, in my opinion.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Ok, I just removed 14 comments of unproductive arguing. People, please do not start hurling insults and fighting with each other, or we will be forced to close this thread and start sending out warnings. Flame wars are prohibited. Thank you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    sponsahme wrote: »
    people who complain about people leaving when the game is impossible to win is the same type of people who complain about boot n looters

Not even remotely close and logically fallacious.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    sponsahme wrote: »
    I would say i will boot you out of the next dungeon I see you in, but my guild leader is telling everyone to stop boot n looting or they will personally get kicked out the guild by him, because someone was spamming our guild name in the enclave calling us boot n looters and he wants us to lose our bad "rep"

Sounds an awful lot like you are in the 'Well Endowed' guild. If so, that town crier; that was me. Based on your Guild Leader's reaction, it seems to have had the desired effect.

sponsame, are you the one; the one that laughed about boot n looting when you entered the party chat. When I challenged him on the act and mentality, it only further exposed a person rife with character flaws and weak moral aptitude. 'It's how you make money man' this person said. 'On the backs of others who worked just as hard as you?' I asked. His reply, 'everyone does it man.' No, everyone does not do that; only cowards do that as they fear a dice roll.

If that was you, sponsame, you deserve more vitriol than your anonymity here provides for.

St. Brighid
    Cleric, 17.5k.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    After further review, and at OP's request, this thread is closed.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.