test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with pre-patch?

drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 305 Arc User
It is not saving.
I have had it run for several hours twice now and it keeps starting completely over saying 5273 meg to download.
My dsl is not as fast as most of your cable connections, for me to have to d/l over 5 gig in one straight session would take like 16 hours or more. Which would mean I could not play for a full day.
DON'T
PANIC!

Best Answers

Answers

• sonofrobsonofrob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    i have the same problem.
    SonOfRob
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Switched to on-demand patching, showing 2GB to downoald, downloaded 1.6GB, and then there was nothing more to download...
    Switched back to normal patching, showing 5GB to download, although i allready downloaded at least 1/3 of this patch?
    Hmmm...

And another thing about this prepatch, if it has to be downloaded in one session, why not split it up in 1GB packages?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 305 Arc User
    I just exited the game again and the launcher closed instead of starting the download. Hopefully this means they are 'fixing' this.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Remember there's a difference between files being downloaded and files being patched. You're not actually downloading 5 gigs worth of data.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Same problem here, some parts are missing from patch, they never complete and at each new start or shut down of game client it goes into a loop and tries to update some remaining parts again.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited August 2015
    My first time it supposedly downloaded 35% of 5273 meg in about 6 hours, the second time it said I got up to 29% of 5273 meg in a bit over 4 hours. Now when I exit the game, it looks like it tries to start but then as soon as it connects it closes. With it going live the day after tomorrow I am thinking I will be missing a full day of play one way or another now. :'(
    Post edited by drartwhodent on
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    I tried it a couple times which totalled about 1 gig. My final try I finished at 4 gigs. So its possible it showing the total every time despite you getting through some of the patch. Its just not showing you how much you have patched already. Im speculating based on my experience.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Until it blows up on Tuesday, shall we all calm down and assume everything will be all right? There's definitely no point getting agitated about in Sunday, file a report tomorrow when the devs are at work.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    It is not saving.
    I have had it run for several hours twice now and it keeps starting completely over saying 5273 meg to download.
    My dsl is not as fast as most of your cable connections, for me to have to d/l over 5 gig in one straight session would take like 16 hours or more. Which would mean I could not play for a full day.
    welcome to NWO. it never worked right since beta
    jugger71 wrote: »
    I tried it a couple times which totalled about 1 gig. My final try I finished at 4 gigs. So its possible it showing the total every time despite you getting through some of the patch. Its just not showing you how much you have patched already. Im speculating based on my experience.

Even if it did save the 35% and the 29%, that would not be a total 100% and now it is not downloading anything.
    I am not so much agitated as just sad that I will probably miss a full day of a game that I enjoy very much. I was looking forward to jumping on the VIP bandwagon right away.

DON'T
    PANIC!
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Downloaded 3GB into the prepatch folder in the NWO game directory through on-demand patching and with several breaks, and then it just stopped for a while.
    Disabled on-demand patching again, and it looks like it was working normal for a while, exited and started the game without any patching.
    But now the game launcher is downloading again this 5GB prepatch right after i exited NWO the last time.

Would be nice to know the full size of the prepatch, and if there is more coming on the release day...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1199549/prepatching-available-for-strongholds
    hope i get an answer there.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    Best to assume that you won't be able to play on release day. There will be a huge load on the servers and quite often there is an emergency patch or reboot. It's only one day. Roll with the chaos and plan to play the day after.
    The download worked fine on my laptop at work. Got the whole thing. 5 meg connection, even tho wifi sure beats 160k dsl. At home it still just closes without downloading anything.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
    just close the window when it pops up.
    as soon as the final version is released it will patch again. yes EVEN if you "pre" patched on launch day you have to do it all over again.
    aaaaand 2GB patch inc.
    rofl like a bad remake of groundhog day
    Here on the laptop at the office it ran through checking that I had all 5273 (without needing to actually download any more) and then showed Play a bit earlier today after the official mod 7 launch time - altho the servers weren't up. I will see if there is more to download - and if so how much - after word that the servers are up. I do hope that it kept at least some of what it had downloaded at home but I am not sanguine about the chances since it had started over with actually downloading on the 2nd attempt instead of just doing checksum checks like it did here at the office.
    It is what it is. I will get on at home sooner or later, just hoping for sooner of course.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
    I marked this as answered altho it never really was, just because at this point it no longer makes any difference.
    If you think it downloaded the full pre-patch and is doing it again, please pay attention to the amount actually received. It will run thru it but not actually download anything but it will check the checksums on the 5273 meg file. On a fast connection that can take almost as long as actually downloading it again because it has to read the file from your disk (as opposed to writing it).
    DON'T
    PANIC!
This discussion has been closed.