test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Our Wedding!

araflinaraflin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Around early July 2013, while looking for patches to NWN and NWN2, I stumbled upon Neverwinter. I mentioned it to a few friends in Facebook. Being a MMO player and an old P&P D&D player they decided to make my old character, buy me a companion and a mount and send me the details for my birthday.

I liked it, but they faded off to do other things. I joined a few other guilds trying to find a home. Eventually I found "Shadow Knightz" (The z makes it special, shush!) ran by a guy in Ohio, @chewdog888 , for players over 30.
Here I met more people. Despite many of us being in Europe, USA, Australia and other places, we still managed to get a group together and run dungeons (Often failing as we didn't use exploits).

And it was there I met @UlanX - over two years later on, and several flights / holidays, I am moving from the South of France to Victoria, Australia. We are getting married on the 31st October 2015. "Chewy" is coming over for it too!

I probably spent too much money on this game ^^, but what I earned was worth far more than the cash. We've all moved on in guilds, games, and life but I'd like to say - to EVERYONE I have met and played with and enjoyed the game with;

Thank you.

@Araflin - happy as a TR in a bank vault.

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on

Comments

• araflinaraflin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'll happily post a few wedding pic - once they are taken! :smile:
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That's very sweet. Thanks for sharing. :)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Glad to hear you have met some great people, including the special one, playing the game! :D

GL!
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I know people that have experienced similar... no matter what... this is a beautiful story. Congratulations to both of you. ​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • ulanxulanx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    pics or it didn't happen.

Oh it happened :D 11 weeks until the wedding. That's why despite the ups and downs with the game it will always be special to me.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    congratulations! we'd love to see some of the pics, of course :D
    good luck with everything.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Congratulations and ... you need to arrange a wedding in PE. You should have done that in Summer festival. Too early for Winter Festival. :)

Need to get proper dressing if I am invited to your wedding. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Congratulations you two! I would love to live in Australia. Enjoy your new life together and, after an appropriate time, come back to Neverwinter (have to have the honeymoon first :) )
    I aim to misbehave
  • airdessiairdessi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    That's such a sweet, heartwarming story! Thank you for sharing it and congratulations!
  • MiseryMisery Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Oh, that's brilliant. I'd love to see the pics too, hope you'll make a nice pair.
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • ulanxulanx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Someone said "pics or it didn't happen"? @ferretcough Here we are on our recent wedding day with our four legged family. Araflin is now happily adapting to the mild Australian temperatures and welcoming wildlife...

• araflinaraflin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @UlanX said "mild Australian temperatures and welcoming wildlife"

Read: "How do you cope with this heat? And, Oh look, more snakes and spiders!"

Also, here's the cake:

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Many congratulations! You and your family look just precious. Beautiful bride, and a great story. Wishing you many more years of happiness.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Congratulations!) Nice story)
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"