test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Content... My view on this

dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
The new content is coming, like it or not. Your gear will not be obsolete on day one. It will not be obsolete on day 30. Your gear will serve you until you can get a replacement. Did you have your artifact weapon the day you turned 60? Did you have all your boons? With the new gear and new drops that will be coming, you will not be able to buy them in the trade house for quite some time.... If there are new boots for your CW that you have to have, you can hope you get them in a dungeon crawl, or you can buy them from the trade house at an extreme premium because you and 100k other CW's will be chomping at the bit to get these very limited supply boots. Relax... Enjoy... Make some friends in game. Join a guild. Have fun!

Comments

• indiscriminantindiscriminant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    yep, just be smart about it and the things you refine.
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Sounds like a party. Lets enjoy and have some fun. I totally agree with you on all this. Too many people are stressing out and getting bent out of shape for nothing.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    I don't know if you read up on this, but it is absolutely obsolete from what I read. You're going to killed even if you don't switch, but maybe less so if you do. Unless the info on the web is outdated and they somehow fixed this. Judging by PC players who post on our forums, I doubt it.
  • drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Can't wait for all the new content. Was checking out the new (or old) boons on the wiki, can't wait to get them and try them out.
  • cycloptomesecycloptomese Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I for one welcome our new frequent content update overlords.
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I honestly was getting tired of running Tiamat and ELoL. Now we get something new, which I am looking forward to. I know many aren't looking at the grind, but you can break it up and not rush to do everything at once.
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Wait a minute. I know what's going on here. Marketing team made accounts
  • drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I for one welcome our new frequent content update overlords.

Hahaha

• dunaughtdunaught Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Wait a minute. I know what's going on here. Marketing team made accounts

Nah... Just played MMO's for quite a while. Nobody freaked out in EverQuest when a new expansion hit. Nobody freaked in EQ2 either... Now that they are dumping "free" expansions on us, I am smiling ear to ear. I use to run 2 computers side by side playing EverQuest. I would have to dump $80 everytime an expansion rolled out just so I could access new content with both accounts. I am so happy with this free to play model.

• cybergutscyberguts Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I'm happy too.
    Was getting a lil' bored with Tiamat and the amount of idiots running it. I've got all my artifact gear to epic now, so having ALL these areas available will breathe life back into it for me.

I know I have alts, but doing the same things with them can get repetitive across the board.

People who are complaining are the Wallet Warriors who sank money into getting ALL their gear to legendary. Personally, I wouldn't be arsed either way as it not like you don't any RP back for the grind.
    Erdan Darksbane - Lvl 60 Soulbinder Fury SW
    BamBam - Lvl 30 GWF
    Trevok - Lvl 30 GF
    Wil - Lvl 25 TR (PvP)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't know if you read up on this, but it is absolutely obsolete from what I read. You're going to killed even if you don't switch, but maybe less so if you do. Unless the info on the web is outdated and they somehow fixed this. Judging by PC players who post on our forums, I doubt it.

As someone who played on PC - As long as you don't try to get to level 70 zones when you are level 60 (which a LOT of people tried to do on PC), your current gear should be fine in the new areas as long as you are not horribly undergeared. In other words - Stay out of Well of Dragons (Tiamat should have the same level 70 requirement that she does on PC) and stay out of Sharandar, Dread Ring, and Icewind Dale until you are a bit higher level. Sharandar is easiest of those 3, Dread Ring slightly harder than that, and Icewind Dale is harder than those other 2. I think Well of Dragons might be harder than Icewind Dale, but it's not really that bad at level 70 with some decent gear (and all your boons from the other 3 places).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png