test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You are making a huge mistake

By dropping all 4 of the campaigns as well as LVL 70 you are just asking for trouble. You basically will make all of our current gear obsolete in one update after we spent quite a lot of time and $ obtaining and leveling up our gear. A lot of people I've been talking to have mentioned that they may stop playing all together because of this reason. We will not have enough time to fully enjoy all the content because it will feel like a race to LVL 70 and mythic equipment, thus taking all the fun out of the game. We could care less if we are up to speed with PC, they have had this game for almost two years! Why can't we have the same amount of time to fully enjoy the content as they did. Please reconsider your decisions.
Abracadabra
Lvl 60 CW

Comments

• arq0sarq0s Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    i have to agree... its just too much content to drop on us all at once. they need to space it out a bit more.
  • indiscriminantindiscriminant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    How does it take away, if you want to take your time and enjoy the content then go ahead and do so. You don't HAVE to race to the top. But it will be nice to no longer be so far behind the PC and be able to have so much more to do than the random few dailies and then tiamat over and over.
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Too much content can be a good thing. Gives you variety of things to do so you dont get bored. Take advantage of this and enjoy it. Its all about the grinding, not money you put into it to get max level out of your items and equipment. Everyone was screaming for all this, now they get it, now they are screaming they want more time. Cant people just make up their minds. I myself am bored with whats out cause i completed everything on numerous characters. Now its time for more content and more fun. Even if its enough content to last the rest of the year. And to create a fun new class to play with
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    How does it take away, if you want to take your time and enjoy the content then go ahead and do so. You don't HAVE to race to the top. But it will be nice to no longer be so far behind the PC and be able to have so much more to do than the random few dailies and then tiamat over and over.

It may get harder to do tiamat. Some players may not be in a hurry to be at the top but a lot are. If half the community stops running tiamat it could be a real problem for everyone else. I struggle to get in to a good group as it is...

Also, I'm not sure the equipment will be obsolete. By this I mean that the content is supposed to become more difficult. So you may need to get the best gear that is available now just to be able to play the new stuff.

This brings me back to my previous point, if the top players move on it could make the the rest of the community struggle to get up to speed because tiamat may become nearly impossible. Basically creating a huge rift between players.

On the other hand, this may force those players to head back to the dungeons and get thier gear up, hone thier skills so they can now beat Tiamat easier and continue progressing from there.

It's all speculation... all these updates at once could wreck everything, but it may work out just fine. Right now I think I'm not going to like it... but I also think that the negative impact would only be temporay. However I'm not just going to quit playing... I'll at least wait and see how it's going to play out.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • zenghenzenghen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    My thing is that they can't even release one mod without it being buggy.. or even an update.. or even a server reset. Now they want to put in all four mods? How about take your time and bug test some of it before releasing it?
  • xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    arq0s wrote: »
    i have to agree... its just too much content to drop on us all at once. they need to space it out a bit more.

Agree.

Dread Ring.. obsolete content as soon as it is dropped. Only thing of value will be campaign boons.

Sharandar.. obsolete content as soon as it is released. Only thing of value will be campaign boons/class artifacts

Ice wind Dale.. OPvP. I've been looking forward to this since launch but will not be able to enjoy it when it is released b/c I will have to do Dread Ring/Sharandar for campaign boons as well as level to 70 and do the elemental evil campaign for new gear before I can be viable PvP'ing against other players.

If all you care about is PvE, then this really isn't that big of a deal. PvE'ers like the grind and this is more grind. For the PvP crowd this is a huge kick in the nuts. From day 1 of release, certain P2W pvpers have dominated the PvP. It has taken the rest of the community months to catch up. Subsequently some of the P2W pvpers have quit once the rest of the community caught up and started beating them. This will create another huge gap between those who drop several thousands of dollars to PvP and those who grind/spend only a couple hundred. It will take months to close that gap and the casual players never will. And once you have closed that gap there will be another expansion and so forth and so on.

This is a straight money grab.

Wait for mod 7 stronghold when they start releasing the 140% speed mounts that give your character Arpen or AP gain or movement speed when equipped. They will be soooo very expensive and if you do not have one, you will get smashed right out of PvP.

Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Don't you need those boons to stay competitive with the players who have them? If so, then the content is not obsolete.

If your point is that you don't like PvE because the grinding gets in the way of your PvP that you enjoy, then I'm not really sure why you play a game like this anyway. Plus whether the content is released slowly or quickly you'd still have to do the same grinding to get what you need.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
    edited August 2015
    soonergm wrote: »
    Don't you need those boons to stay competitive with the players who have them? If so, then the content is not obsolete.

If your point is that you don't like PvE because the grinding gets in the way of your PvP that you enjoy, then I'm not really sure why you play a game like this anyway. Plus whether the content is released slowly or quickly you'd still have to do the same grinding to get what you need.

I don't mind the grinding. The problem here is that soo much content will be released at once that I will be unable to grind to keep up.

Have you tried to make rank 10 enchantments? It is a grind. Rank 7's and 8's are much easier to get. If you have rank 8's and the guy you are fighting has rank 10's, while he is still gearing you, you are capable of holding your own. Upon release of mod 6, there will be guys covered in rank 12's while you are still working on making your 8's into 9's. The gap between you with all 8's and him with all 12's will be HUGE.

These same guys will have mythic artifacts IMMEDIATELY, while most everyone else will only have epics.

The campaign boons from Dread Ring and Sharandar aren't that great. But yes, every little point helps.

The need for the class artifacts from Sharandar will become almost obsolete with the release of the wheel of elements artifact as it is broken and is OP in PvP.

<Please refrain from Pay to Win discussion or allusion. Thank you.>
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    ASYLUM
  • spookyvaporsspookyvapors Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'd definitely agree. It's idiotic to drop all this content at once. I've busted my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just to get to 15K GS. Was 10K when the Well of Dragons started. Got my cloak, mainhand, offhand, belts, and they are all only at blue. But now they'll all be worthless in a month.

[/quote]do you even know what you are talking about. the class artifacts come from icewindale and not sharandar.. also rank 9s, 10s etc.. will be much easier to get with the dread ring campaign and dungeons dropping greater marks like hot cakes.

[/quote]

I may be mistaken on which campaign has the class artifacts, but the grind in leveling enchantments is the RP, not the marks. It only takes greater marks of potency to level enchantments. Unless you plan on wasting greater marks of power as RP.

The grind, the money in this game is in the refinement points.

Please tell me, since you know everything, what enchantment requires greater marks of power/union/stability to level.

Please explain to dumb ole me how RP is going to be easier to obtain in mod 6 with the Dragon hoard enchantment nerf.
    ASYLUM
    it won't be easy. that's why i'm grinding out refinement stones for the next month lols.

It is frustrating because we should have had access to dread ring for cheaper greater marks with working Dragon hoards before the cap raise so that the grinders have a chance to close the gap with the p2w guys, and we could get everything to rank 10 in preparation for the cap raise.
    ASYLUM
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Everyone was screaming for all this, now they get it, now they are screaming they want more time. Cant people just make up their minds.

I bow to you like I bow to Spider-Man.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• chromedfishchromedfish Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    What is the nerf to dragon hoards?
    15k Healock
    13k Virtuos Cleric
    13k Destroyed Gwf
    12k SS Control Wizard
  • karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I guess if this game is a job to you, more content would be a problem. You want to be at the top of the pyramid in your head. King of the hill as it were. If you just enjoy the game as a game, new content is always welcome. Bring on the new content.
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Everyone was screaming for all this, now they get it, now they are screaming they want more time. Cant people just make up their minds.

Hold up, I thought you were Spider-Man?

Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    b0redgamer wrote: »

I mean, yeah, I am! I bow down to Uncle Ben.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• kenshinxiikenshinxii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    You and those who agree with this are just plain stupid. Your complaints of gear being obsolete, wasted time and effort, people not playing anymore because of this only means you all are idiots, you're all lazy, and aren't suited to play video games. Your current gear counts towards the expansions because you would be at or a bit past the requirements to face what lies ahead. Do you all expect to have your lvl 50 to beginning lvl 60 gear to be suffice to get through EE? You just want to be the strongest and with everything getting higher and expanded, you're afraid that you won't be at the top anymore. Stop complaining and put in the effort to become stronger.
    b0redgamer wrote: »

I mean, yeah, I am! I bow down to Uncle Ben.

LOL I thought it a bit odd you bowing down to yourself and all.

• xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Don't confuse this update with people screaming for tiamat (curious for a link to whoever asked for mod 6 and maybe I missed them) and agreed with op may just drop a nuke on this game. We'll see what happens. I don't mind a grind but I prefer to play a game to enjoy it. Like it a lot, becomes a hobby, hobby becomes something people invest in.

Hopefully adjustments were made for xbox. Tc and have fun.
    Either way we are getting a lot of new content to enjoy. All the naysayers are up in arms without even giving it a chance. I for one am very happy we do not have to wait for staggered releases.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    it is not obsolete because it is lvl 70. every map becomes lvl 70...
    the only disappointment is for tons of friends quitting after they just spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars to make their stuff legendary that will become obsolete next month...
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    it is not obsolete because it is lvl 70. every map becomes lvl 70...
    the only disappointment is for tons of friends quitting after they just spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars to make their stuff legendary that will become obsolete next month...
    they are morons for quitting then if they spent that much lol

they are probably the same people who claim to quit every single week that neverwinter has server issues, but they end up coming back, because they have nothing else better to do with their sad lives. they should just suck it up and man up.
    i doubt this time... they sold their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> completely...;(
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Based on the timing of the announcement i would imagine this content is coming out early BECAUSE of the server problems they found on the last reset. So realistically, you get a boat load of new content to enjoy and presumably better servers. What are you whining about?

To be fair, i main a Guardian Fighter. Just found out we take it in the bum and get replaced by Paladins for PVE more or less. Am i bummed? Yea. Am i excited to roll a new.character and make.an even tankier tank? Hell yea!

All this thought of having the best gear is ludicrous. MMO primary endgame mechanic? Gear grind. Pvp on the side.to add some variety. Neverwinter? MMO.

Im more excited about being able to queue as a tank for a dungeon and not getting booted because "we need more dsp we dont need tank or heals". As is playing solo is an exercise in futility and ill be glad.to see teamwork elements reincorporated to the game.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    do you even know what you are talking about. the class artifacts come from icewindale and not sharandar.. also rank 9s, 10s etc.. will be much easier to get with the dread ring campaign and dungeons dropping greater marks like hot cakes.

you are complaining about something you know nothing about.

if you are currently happily with the state the game is in then you need help. the only thing worth market value right now is greater marks.

Yeah, I wish. Dread Ring doesn't drop GMoPs often enough for this to happen. You'll still be looking at spending 100k AD per GMoP.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So it sounds like some of you have experience with the new mods comING out and was hoping you could help me with what I should buy to make some ad on and what's going to become highly needed/wanted items. I'm pretty broke and only at 13k so any help would be great. I'm not really sure what to think of content as I'm still new, even though I'm day one on Xbox. Trying to just find information about the game seems impossible sometimes. Love the game though I do get bored sometimes especially with dungeons. Tiamat has been fun, loved the WoD but it would be nice for a new campaign to do now.

Thanks guys!
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User

You, sir, are a hell of a tank. Did tiamat with you the other day. Don't think I had to use sunburst a single time.
  • caharan25caharan25 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Look guys at the end of the day it's an mmo. You all knew we were getting it this year. Yet you spent tons of cash anyway. That's on you. Stop grumping and be glad there will be something to do again. I personally care less if you quit. Im still playing as well as most i know. So give us that content. The sooner the better. Seriously...
    Elle ~ HR ~ Q-SNIPE
  • xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We'll see how it all unfolds.
    Post edited by xalorus on
  • mukarsismukarsis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Too much new stuff for free!!!
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Can someone please explain why "All" Of our current stuff will become obsolete? I'm a HR/TR with 15/12 gear scores, what exactly will become obsolete? All weapons artifacts belts etc? If so, why? What new gear comes out with the update?

I've started saving all my enchants and stopped upgrading my artifacts because of whats been mentioned, I have the Orb, Lantern and the Raven, will all these along with my Artifact main & offhand realy be all useless?