test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priceless Thayan Treasures

codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
The unearthed lockbox will only be around for a week. Are theseveral treasures worth investing in now? Before the dread ring is released? What exectly is a Star Metal Gauntlet used for? These are what you want?

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I honestly recommend holding on to those til you do get Dread Ring. While you do the Dread Ring campaign, you unlock the ability to make various "Gauntlets" that are used to open the last "coffer" (chest) at the end of the Dread Ring lair. You can only make 1 coffer a day, and they are unique, so if you have one in your inventory, you can't have another of the same type. The better type you have, the better rewards you can get, including the Eye of Lathander artifact. The Star Metal Gauntlet is the very best type (better even than the one it takes a month to unlock, the name fails me at the moment, it starts with an A). So yes, hold on to it. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    You can only get these gauntlets from opening lock boxes?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    So how exactly do these boxes help? Do they speed up the time to make the gauntlet?
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    So how exactly do these boxes help? Do they speed up the time to make the gauntlet?

They help you make better quality gauntlets, which in return gives you better chances at better loot during the dungeon.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Where do you get rid of the Thayan antiquities?
  • kamikalzekamikalze Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    In the Dread Ring campaign. There will be a merchant, whom you can trade it with.
    kamikalze wrote: »
    In the Dread Ring campaign. There will be a merchant, whom you can trade it with.
    Thanks for the reply and information. So basically the devs are giving out things in the new lock boxes that are completely useless at the moment. Wish I'd known that before I wasted some of my zen on them.

• saskgodfathersaskgodfather Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @zacoria1405 said:
    > kamikalze wrote: »
    >
    > In the Dread Ring campaign. There will be a merchant, whom you can trade it with.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for the reply and information. So basically the devs are giving out things in the new lock boxes that are completely useless at the moment. Wish I'd known that before I wasted some of my zen on them.

Zacoria

If you do not want a jump start on your next boons and campaign, myself and my friends are stocking up on antiquities. If you wish to sell just post on AH and you can make some money back. Here is a quick break down of what your giving up.

Priceless Antiquity trades in for 1 x Sack of Thayan Riches www.neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sack_of_Thayan_Riches

Cost to create Gauntlets yourself through boons:

Silver Gauntlet = 40x Scrolls

Platinum = 50 x Scrolls, 70 x Scripts, 10k AD , 1 Gold

Mithral = 60 x Scrolls, 100 x Scripts, 15k AD, 2 Gold

Adamatine = 70 x Scrolls,120 x Scripts, 20k AD, 3 Gold

Loot tables for what each Gauntlet gives you a chance at: www.neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Arcane_Coffer

Cost for Boons:

Study Writings (complete 7 times) 1 x Thayan Cipher, 5 x Vanguard Scripts, 1k AD

Valindra's Key : 5 x Scrolls, 15 x Scripts, 10k AD, 1 Gold

Decipher Writings (unlocks additional boons) 10 x Scrolls, 5 x Scripts, 1 x Thayan Cipher, 2K AD, 1 Gold

Hopefully this help people understand what they are and the value to them. And those of us that research these items before complaining about them, do appreciate the jump start to the next campaign. Thanks Developers!

Behemoth@Godfather0420
    -Elite Gaming Veterans-
    > @zacoria1405 said:
    >
    > In the Dread Ring campaign. There will be a merchant, whom you can trade it with.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for the reply and information. So basically the devs are giving out things in the new lock boxes that are completely useless at the moment. Wish I'd known that before I wasted some of my zen on them.

Zacoria

If you do not want a jump start on your next boons and campaign, myself and my friends are stocking up on antiquities. If you wish to sell just post on AH and you can make some money back. Here is a quick break down of what your giving up.

Priceless Antiquity trades in for 1 x Sack of Thayan Riches www.neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sack_of_Thayan_Riches

Loot tables for what each Gauntlet gives you a chance at: www.neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Arcane_Coffer

Cost for Boons:

Study Writings (complete 7 times) 1 x Thayan Cipher, 5 x Vanguard Scripts, 1k AD

Decipher Writings (unlocks additional boons) 10 x Scrolls, 5 x Scripts, 1 x Thayan Cipher, 2K AD, 1 Gold

Hopefully this help people understand what they are and the value to them. And those of us that research these items before complaining about them, do appreciate the jump start to the next campaign. Thanks Developers!

Behemoth@Godfather0420
    -Elite Gaming Veterans-
    Please fetch me a bucket.

• codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    So the thayan antiquitys are going for 5k each. I bet they will rise dramatically when the DLC is realeased, since the box is only out for a week? Being a DC I cant tell you how bad I want the eye of lathander to complete the set :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    These are selling for 26k each on PC. Granted, that lockbox was released a long time ago, so they are much more rare now, and PC economy is very different than Xbox.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I have been stockpiling these. I can't wait to see how how much they will go for when the dlc is releases
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Yeah I've been stock piling them as well. I have 25 now and will keep hunting for more. I still have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of unearthed boxes too.
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I just hit 48 myself. They were very cheap in the AH, but now they are 12k or they were the other day when i looked. I am sure they will go up more once the new Mod comes out
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

I'm seeing people offer 6 gold per. Wonder if anyone is biting...that would be the ticket buying with gold.
    Does anyone know if I can run the lairs in the dread ring multiple times in one day and loot the coffer at the end each time?
    codher0 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can run the lairs in the dread ring multiple times in one day and loot the coffer at the end each time?

You can do this with the Star Metal Gauntlets, however, it does cost you 5k AD a key to get in the lairs after the first one that you get a quest for.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »

You can do this with the Star Metal Gauntlets, however, it does cost you 5k AD a key to get in the lairs after the first one that you get a quest for.

Happen to know how long each lair takes to complete?

• attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    A dps class with good gear can solo them in 5 mins. A group of 5 will take about 3 mins. They're about the same as the dungeons in well of dragons. Sharandar dungeons are also about the same length.
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Edit... That was pre mod 6 when they were level 60 dungeons. Just remembered they will be 70 now. I don't know how long they'll take, sorry.
    attorn97 wrote: »
    Edit... That was pre mod 6 when they were level 60 dungeons. Just remembered they will be 70 now. I don't know how long they'll take, sorry.

Good enough refrence, long as lair doesnt mean full size dungeon im well happy

• oooosparkyoooooooosparkyoooo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @zacoria1405 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >

Zacoria

Cost for Boons:

Behemoth@Godfather0420
    -Elite Gaming Veterans-

• oooosparkyoooooooosparkyoooo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @zacoria1405 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >

Zacoria

Cost for Boons:

Behemoth@Godfather0420
    -Elite Gaming Veterans-

I'm constantly selling them if you're interested I'll give you a deal

[/quote]

I'm constantly selling them if you're interested I'll give you a deal

[/quote]

OK PM me. Disableddsniper
    If you have extras that he won't buy, I'll buy em too
    Gt xRaw Carnage
    Omg Eye of Lathandar is BoP??? Their goes my million dollar idea
    If it was not BoP, I would not have purchased soooo many priceless thayan antiquity! The investment is real!
    If it was not BoP, I would not have purchased soooo many priceless thayan antiquity! The investment is real!

Atleast im gettin my boons fast lol, dont wanna sell them off