test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Debatating on returning to this game

marqueskikomarqueskiko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys, i wanted to play Neverwinter,
I had a archar lvl 20 i think, and i love it!
Like u guys still wil suggest me this game? Ty for aswering, and sorry for english ( im portuguese :P)
Post edited by lewstelamon01 on

Comments

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    it's not that the game is Pay 2 win (unless we're talking about like, a thousand dollars), but there's soooooo much grind and not much to do at endgame.

That being said, leveling up to level 60 is actually pretty enjoyable, so I recommend it.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    you can get every single item available without spending a dollar, paying makes it faster sometimes but you are not limited.

If you've got the time to dedicate, you can get to end game with nice stats and gear without spending a penny.
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    The question comes down to just how much of a completionist you are; If you are content to run a few daily quests, and maybe a dungeon here or there, then you'll be fine. If you absolutely must have the BiS stuff, then you will find the game super grindy, with a punishing RNG.

For me, I am content with the ilvl 130 stuff you can get from the T1 dungeons, and to do my daily dungeon or skirmish quest across a character or 2. If you feel you must get every boon and max out all your gear, then you are in for an uphill battle...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    Please refrain from Pay to Win discussion or allusions.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I would return to this game...
    Just know that lvling from 60 - 70 takes longer now
    Pvp starting at lvl 60 is very brutal now
    There is much to do!
    My suggestion is stick to one character max it out.. then play other characters between new mods.

Good luck!

P.S. I tried other games.. (new ones) that people said were amazing, this is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hi guys, i wanted to play Neverwinter,
    I had a archar lvl 20 i think, and i love it!
    Like u guys still wil suggest me this game? Ty for aswering, and sorry for english ( im portuguese :P)

Boy...I wish I could give you a positive recommendation, I really do. My main is an archer HR, and I've thus far managed to stubbornly stay that way. That said, if you stick with an archer you're in for a rough time once you get to level 65 or so. You'll be fine until then, but once the new stat curves start to dominate you'll see your survivability crash. We lost our regen in mod 6 and the CC that archers have has always been minimal to nonexistent. You have to stack lifesteal to INSANE amounts to have any hope of relying on it, or alternatively stack defense to similarly insane amounts. If your experience is anything like mine, you'll be pounding on the "4" key trying to drink that healing potion the instant that the 18-second cooldown expires.

How do I get by? I stacked R12's in every single defensive slot, slotted a chicken plus every companion that gives defense, slotted R12 bonding runestones on the chicken, slotted mythic artifacts that give tons of defense, slotted "loyal defender" items on the chicken, etc. With a defense of 20.3k it lets me solo DR and sometimes IWD/WoD (albeit with a lot of difficulty). It lets me usually avoid being one-shotted in dungeons, though having 80-90% of my HP taken away per hit is small consolation.

It's not fun soloing as an archer -- not fun at all.

P.S. Some people will say, "that's stupid, stack more offense and kill enemies quicker." I've got R11's in all of the offensive slots. Offense (or lack thereof) is not the issue with archers, believe me.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    If you're happy to play to L.60 only then any class will be fun and pretty much free unless you really want to spend money on something (e.g. storage or mounts). After L.60 comes a 'great reckoning'. The difficulty gets turned up to 11, the boredom level also gets turned up to 11, the XP gain gets turned down to 1, and when (if?) you get to L.70 you'll still struggle with content unless you spend $$$ or play one of the more resilient classes such as GWF - or group a lot.

The future of the game looks very group-oriented and, possibly, PVP-oriented, so if that's not your thing then think twice.

But L.1-60 is good fun. I recommend at least giving it a go.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I play hunter ranger in game my Character is Aravein@jhpnw look it up this where I got to by playing in 1 year. I did spend 150.00 total on game about 50.00 every 4 months for coal wards when on sale 20% off and for a good mount and epic Galleb Durh companion plus have 2 artifact sets I for pvp and 1 for pve so you may see with one or the other. If you need help and have a translator for English PM me
    jhp
  • marqueskikomarqueskiko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    THx everyone! So maybe Archer fall off now? Sadly, well at lvl 13 i pwn them vs lvl 19 and 18 on pvp. But i think i wil switch char then! Any sugestion ? Thx again!
  • marqueskikomarqueskiko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    jhpnw wrote: »
    I play hunter ranger in game my Character is Aravein@jhpnw look it up this where I got to by playing in 1 year. I did spend 150.00 total on game about 50.00 every 4 months for coal wards when on sale 20% off and for a good mount and epic Galleb Durh companion plus have 2 artifact sets I for pvp and 1 for pve so you may see with one or the other. If you need help and have a translator for English PM me
    jhp

ok thx!, will try to talk with u
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    THx everyone! So maybe Archer fall off now? Sadly, well at lvl 13 i pwn them vs lvl 19 and 18 on pvp. But i think i wil switch char then! Any sugestion ? Thx again!

A paladin who goes the tanking route is very durable. You can't go wrong with a CW, either. There are some pretty nice HR powers that can aid in your survivability - you just need to do a lot of maneuvering or have a good tanking pet to aid you, if you're soloing.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums