test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Stronghold Boons

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Take a look at how Boons work in Strongholds: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9480473

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    I just read the guide, and one thing that jumped out at me are the boons that affect normal and distilled healing potions. One little nitpick: you can't buy a superior distilled healing potion from the mythic-level Aurora's catalog.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Just wanted to drop a quick but big "THANK YOU" out to all of the devs that had anything to do with the last two blogs. This is the kind of information that NEEDS to be in dev blogs! Details that the players can really sink their teeth into and start to get a real feel for what the coming content is actually going to DO for them. Thank you again to all of the devs involved in the last two blogs. Much appreciated; and please, MORE like these last two.

Best Regards.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Agreed. These blogs answered so many questions. Thanks!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    .......... B)
  • Options
    lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    I have just one question concerning the boons. Will they all also work in pvp?
  • Options
    vinchonctvinchonct Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Are these boons only active when your in the Stronghold map? Or are they permanently active even in other maps?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    vinchonct wrote: »
    Are these boons only active when your in the Stronghold map? Or are they permanently active even in other maps?

Was answered on the stream, the boons are on your character. (Also a bit curious if the non-PvP-specific ones are "on" in PvP though... I would expect so.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    vinchonct wrote: »

Was answered on the stream, the boons are on your character. (Also a bit curious if the non-PvP-specific ones are "on" in PvP though... I would expect so.)

I hope that they are not on in pvp, because this would basically force any serious pvp player to join one of the larger guilds or get stomped in PVP. And additional 8k power and defense for example makes a hell of a difference...

• Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited August 2015
    The current plan is for all Stronghold boons to be ON whenever you make them active no matter what type of content you are doing or what map you are on.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    In Domination and GG the imbalance is already absurd. With some people having an extra 8k power and Armor Pen while others do not is truly gamebreaking.

Well maybe at first but if its easy enough to get these boons then it could be a step towards balance and closing the gear gap because having these boons will be more important than individual gear.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    In Domination and GG the imbalance is already absurd. With some people having an extra 8k power and Armor Pen while others do not is truly gamebreaking.

Well maybe at first but if its easy enough to get these boons then it could be a step towards balance and closing the gear gap because having these boons will be more important than individual gear.

at the end yes, but in the meantime, when pvp guilds starts to farming glory for structure, this will be nightmare for everyone else play pvp.

how long is it to get all structures usefull for pvp for absolute or essence or whatever you are? drop a notice on forum, when you stop plaguing pvp by premades 24/7