test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should Tiamat have a GS based Queue's? 10k and 13.5k

draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
Should Tiamat follow the same format as The Shores And Lol? 10k with lesser rewards and 13.5k for Premium rewards

Should Tiamat have a GS based Queue's? 10k and 13.5k 54 votes

Yes - Seperate Queu's would alleviate all the GS related debates and allow content to be accessable for all
64%
lvlkarmalvlguarana76ideathlyomenipinkbellyurdicawilliamreedydraven165masterwolf56kamikalzeazuosed89axemthegreatrespectpayssslumdogDaesynstpensiveelkayemmahburgdukesirashimidnightblue88rubilotus 35 votes
No - I like it the way it is
35%
dughalbluedoodzephyriahalavarratyrznoldgravylegdarnximxdeadenicegeosalacious66zak3056fatpobacridbird74fluffy6977trystanwolfl1yevsomemintnagadawascarface666qcwillwheatley 19 votes

Comments

• draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Yes - Seperate Queu's would alleviate all the GS related debates and allow content to be accessable for all
    I would be ok with separate Queue's as long as the 10k GS requirement was scaled down like the shores and Lol versions. Players could still participate in the content and learn the fight. Win win for all players
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    YES. Please separate it just like Shores and Lostmouth. That way the under 13.5ks could do their thing and beat Tiamat without having to get carried, and the 13.5k+ can do there thing and continue beating Epic Tiamat without getting weighed down by under geared people.
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I would like a third option for other than gear score to qualify, perhaps beating tiers or having your campaign at a certain point. Just raising gs will not alleviate the root problems of no coordination or using gems at the right time.
  • arrowvetarrowvet Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Everyone expects this game to be too easy. If the gear score changed to above 13.5k for a queue, I would want Tiamat to be much harder for that lobby to make it a challenge. 7/10 it's easy with the mixed lobbies atm. In previous mmos I played ( Everquest 2) new raid content would take months for even the most geared and dedicated guilds to complete; here we complain if we can't kill Tiamat on the first day. I am more likely to contine to play this game if there is a challenge.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    @arrowvet Yes, that would be expected if they set up "tiers". The 13.5k group would and should be much much harder than the 10k version.
  • damnitluludamnitlulu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    at this point I would rather separate gear scores or a similar methods to pvp. I tired of ending up in a room where people quit if they feel they are not going to win. Standing on the camp fire blaming everyone else or just up and leaving is ruining the game for me.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    This is way too easy as is. Just have a problem with quitters.
  • misterrrwarlockmisterrrwarlock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    damnitlulu wrote: »
    at this point I would rather separate gear scores or a similar methods to pvp. I tired of ending up in a room where people quit if they feel they are not going to win. Standing on the camp fire blaming everyone else or just up and leaving is ruining the game for me.

If you can't get 2 heads to ~20% in the first round you are NOT going to win and there is no point to continue the encounter.

Agreed, that's why I have personally left, along with others, if we can not manage to get 2 heads to that 20% first run. There is NO CHANCE in a completed run if you can't manage to do that. Everyone wants to cry about people leaving early, but that is the reason. We know if the encounter will be a success or not, if not we leave to go do other more productive things.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    patsfire wrote: »
    Agreed, that's why I have personally left, along with others, if we can not manage to get 2 heads to that 20% first run. There is NO CHANCE in a completed run if you can't manage to do that. Everyone wants to cry about people leaving early, but that is the reason. We know if the encounter will be a success or not, if not we leave to go do other more productive things.

I dont think its people who leave if theybdont get twp heads down, its the people who leave if you dont get 3 down first run. 3 to go on the second run is actually easier since all your dps get there faster, but i still see 3-10 players leave every time that happens.

If you can't commit to the 25 minutes the raid takes, win or lose (you still get rewarded for a loss) then you shouldnt join in the first place. Players that leave or dont contribute to the score over a set amount of time ought to be banned from rejoining the raid for 24 hours as a penalty. I guarantee you that the amount of successful runs would skyrocket of that were implemented.
  • trystanwolftrystanwolf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I say no, but only because of the wording of the poll. DPS doesn't depend on GS as much as it does a player's skill. Many of my toons are around 11k GS. In skirmishes and dungeons, I have out damaged like classes that have 2-3k more GS than me. I have also watched those others stand in the red spots and die as a result. GS is strictly based on stats and not on what you can do.

Imagine 2 DC with the same GS. One has 2400 ArPen and the other has 0 ArPen. The one with 0 would probably heal better than the other. Take 2 DPS toons. One has stacked power and no crit while the other has 24% crit and the rest in power. The 2nd is going to do so much better so much so they they probably could have a lower GS due to defense and other minor stats and still do better than the higher GS toon.

So even if they did split it into 10k and 13.5k, it won't really change much. There's 13.5k GS people that perform way worse than the 10k group. 3.5k GS might matter to some classes but not others.

You could probably get a better sieve by tossing in a 5-man encounter before getting to Tiamat. Like down a miniboss within 2 minutes. If you fail, then you get tossed out, if you win, then you get to do tiamat.

Edit: From what I've read before, killing the 5 heralds is the DPS check. If you are able to do that you should have enough DPS to do Tiamat. Assuming that is true, then the problem lies in coordination and not gear. Better gear might compensate for poor play to some extent but some people are just useless no matter what their GS is.
    GS has been the blame issue for the simply fact that, in general, higher GS typically means that you have higher stats, and higher stats mean more damage output or whatever. I know there are some real horrible builds by some people. But, once again, more often than not, a higher GS means higher DPS, Higher heals, Higher Defense and so on.
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    yes and no idk I have this as a problem more why are people aloud to do taimat without doing their first area campaign other then that I really don't care to much bc if u had ur first artifact weapon ur gs would be probly a lot higher and have beter gear/scores
  • sponsahmesponsahme Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I don't like both options. Personally i would rather not have them focus on making another tiamat, and focus on the future content.

There are two quick and easy fixes.

1. Raise the gear score requirement to 13k-15k.
    2. Make it so you have to complete the mod 4 campaign and get all the boons before you can attempt tiamat.

although I don't really care about tiamat anymore once I get my last boon tomorrow so this is all irrelevant to me.
  • hipranger1hipranger1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Yes - May not solve all the problems, but a GS tiers would certainly help. You may be the best in the world at playing your class, but if you don't have the offensive stats then you won't do the needed damage. And if Arc would trouble themselves to explain the scoreboard, then we would all have a better understanding of this raid.
    @oldgravyleg How is it too easy? I guess you are never in a horrible lobby of 15 people with 10k gs. Try to beat Tiamat with that and tell me its easy lol.
    ....25 Randoms that must know how to play there class, and/or have enough DPS so that communication does not matter. You can beat this raid and ANY other dungeon w/o communicating as long as everyone knows their role and you have enough slaying power.
  • tyrzntyrzn Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    GS has nothing to do with if the person is a good player or not. GS does not take into account if the GS is "good" or bad GS as well.

Stop with this believing GS means anything by itself, it does not.

I have personally finished multiple T2 dungeons with people in 10k and 9.5 gear and no DC.

Having a great GS and a horrid weapon... guess what? Some of the worse weapons have BETTER GS... yet a lot less damage. Learn what you are talking about. 160 more damage per shot is a LOT better than 200 more power and AP, yet the superior weapon is 500Gs less.

You'd rather have a brand new player that doesn't know what they are doing with BOUGHT of 13K GS from the AH, than someone working on an alt with 10k... that is absurd.

Seriously, stop with this GS nonsense.

Many smart players go with LESS GS because it's fare more effective in a lot of instances...
    The issue comes into play when the people you inspect in these lobbies with the less than 13k gs DONT have good builds AT ALL. So you can say all you want that 10k people are better than 13k+ people, but that is just ignorant.
    @patsfire Apparently you missed the entire point. Copying a build off the internet, using real money to buy gear off the AH does not make a player better than anyone else.

You also missed the point where the higher GS does not mean better gear. Certainly that comes into play with set bonuses, weapon damage, etc... You seem to now know or understand that.

Also, the GS doesn't play itself. I've seen many lower geared people school other people in PVP and far outplay them in PVE.

You assuming things about people based on "looks" AKA a GS number is absurd.

You thinking GS matters again, shows your own lack of ability. You are indicating you aren't good enough to carry. Carry = a gaming term where a good player with better gear carries a team.

Back to this game. The people that made it say X gear score is needed to pass a dungeon or whatever. They are assuming a medium amount of player skill when they make these recommendations. They are assuming a medium amount of player communication and team work as well. All of those things add up to a more effective group.

GS does not make someone a good teamate, GS doesn't make you a good group or team player, in fact it has nothing to do with that. It gives you a possible slight DPS or soaking damage advantage over someone else. Assuming both players use the exact same abilities in the exact same manor at the exact same time. That never happens...

So, you have one person 5% faster than another, or using their abilities 5% more efficiently... guess what juts happend to your higher GS score... uh huh...
    You are actually missing MY point. When I look at a 10k and I see they have 2k power, and I look at a 13k and they have 6k power, my thought is hey the 13k at least knows that power is important and therefore would have more damage. You are assuming that I am saying that EVERY 10k is garbage, but I never said that. I know some 10ks have better builds, and may know how to play their roll better. BUT more often than not, in my personal experience, the 13k+ that I come in contact with actually KNOW their class and have a well built character. And the 10ks that I have seen, at least a majority, are not built to face Tiamat YET.
    @patsfire I agree with what you are saying.

Yeah, new people, not people playing a new toon, may have a poorly built character. All the more reason to help em out, every xbox 1 came with a headset. Clue em in, on the changes they should make. People rarely ever do that.

I'll say you are in the minority that actually looks at the build, most look at GS and base it off of that. Which is why having a new GS barrier is not right. The makers know things can be won with the minimum gear required. They thought ahead of time and limit people. A team full of poor players with max gear will still wipe in the harder T2 dungeons etc... Then they will cry about needed a cleric. I'm getting off track... haha Some build their character not needing a DC and other build them as "pure" DPS with ZERO damage mitigation and need a cleric. That gets into the "proper" build stuff which has many variable as you know.

Summary. A good player can get it done with the minimum GS, with proper teamwork etc... A poor player cannot get it done with near max gear.

A new GS barrier is bad.

Unless those in the higher GS bracket are fine with the lower GS bracket getting the EXACT same gear as rewards. Which I know is not the case. This is really just another attempt at wanna be elitists, which is a major problem with this game, trying to get away from those they could help. These are the same people that kick kick and kick some more, because they want a speed run or to horde epics for AD etc...

This is supposed to be an MMO, this is supposed to be team oriented, group oriented, where people come together to HELP each other finish a goal. This "new" GS nonsense is opposed to all of that.

FYI the PC version already got rid of the GS nonsense. TIL replaced it, Total Item Level. This puts an end to this garbage GS belief stuff. That is on it's way and it cannot get here soon enough. GS lovers are in for a nice little surprise. TIL is far more accurate but still flawed. At least epics will not be rated WORSE than rares in the TIL system.
  • azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    tyrzn wrote: »
    @patsfire I agree with what you are saying.

Yeah, new people, not people playing a new toon, may have a poorly built character. All the more reason to help em out, every xbox 1 came with a headset. Clue em in, on the changes they should make. People rarely ever do that.

I'll say you are in the minority that actually looks at the build, most look at GS and base it off of that. Which is why having a new GS barrier is not right. The makers know things can be won with the minimum gear required. They thought ahead of time and limit people. A team full of poor players with max gear will still wipe in the harder T2 dungeons etc... Then they will cry about needed a cleric. I'm getting off track... haha Some build their character not needing a DC and other build them as "pure" DPS with ZERO damage mitigation and need a cleric. That gets into the "proper" build stuff which has many variable as you know.

Summary. A good player can get it done with the minimum GS, with proper teamwork etc... A poor player cannot get it done with near max gear.

A new GS barrier is bad.

Unless those in the higher GS bracket are fine with the lower GS bracket getting the EXACT same gear as rewards. Which I know is not the case. This is really just another attempt at wanna be elitists, which is a major problem with this game, trying to get away from those they could help. These are the same people that kick kick and kick some more, because they want a speed run or to horde epics for AD etc...

This is supposed to be an MMO, this is supposed to be team oriented, group oriented, where people come together to HELP each other finish a goal. This "new" GS nonsense is opposed to all of that.

FYI the PC version already got rid of the GS nonsense. TIL replaced it, Total Item Level. This puts an end to this garbage GS belief stuff. That is on it's way and it cannot get here soon enough. GS lovers are in for a nice little surprise. TIL is far more accurate but still flawed. At least epics will not be rated WORSE than rares in the TIL system.

Ya but if i took your advice i would spend all day helping ppl amd not playin and advancing my guy. Higj gs ppl should not be stuck carrying and babysitting and helping the low lvls all day. Ya its nice and all but most of us have jobs and when we play we wanna play with ppl who have skill and the abilitiy to complete a dungeon or skirmish without taking all day. Gs is normally a good factor for determining this. Not always but most of the time its accurate
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    If you can't run the epic versions of shores or lostmauth, you don't need to be in Tiamat. Tiamat is technically in the campaign after those two, so you should only be able to play it AFTER those two. I have some 10k buddies and lower than 13k who have beaten Tiamat and placed really well, but there are too many morons who just run in there and hope to be carried. Too bad the GS dilemma can't be changed for an IQ test of the knowledge known on how to fight certain dungeons, in this case Tiamat. Then we'd have real skill tests.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • sslumdogsslumdog Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    yes. too many ppl curious to see what tiamats 5 heads look like. needs a min 13k entry just like ANY group raid in NW????????
    |FullxMelt|15.7k CW||.Dip.n.Dotz.|15.4k DC|
    <<GOON SQUAD>>
    @oldgravyleg Very well said. Kudos to you sir.

In 90% of my Tiamat runs no says a word to any possible new people on how to do it. They all remain quiet, or pre-complain about GS. Yes they will take the time to write out complaints BEFORE they happen.

In most of them most of the people don't group. In most of them people do not discuss teams. In most of them it's a bunch of solo players refusing to be social.

Yet, here you people are trying to blame GS... wow.

The player base is the problem, refusing to play the game correctly and communicate with each other, refusing to group up, refusing to discuss strategy, etc... Why? Because IF you try to do that, someone will insult you most of the time. This community is utterly toxic and this thread is just more proof of it.

You want everyone to have a high enough GS or skill level, so you can succeed without strategy, without communication, and without talking to each other.

Most people are sitting in zone 10+ minutes before Tia starts, there is plenty of time to sit there and teach and talk and plan before the match, and only a few do that.

Yes, it's hard to to that with the constant spam nonsense being sent to zone, but it's not an excuse not to do it.

You do that more, then you might see more than half a team actually wearing dragon souls etc...

A raid channel would be nice, and I hope it is implemented in the future.

Which leads to the other problem caused by the player base. What is common practice now is for the so called higher GS people to go into the Raid late at specific times. Thus getting in there and have ZERO time to communicate or group up or talk about strategy etc... More refusal to do the things that make the Raid go smoother, all in an attempt to get away from people that may be new... It's absurdly counter productive.

Teach more and more people and you remove more and more weak links, and reduce the risk of fails, but no... keep up these current silly tactics... yeesh.
    In my personal experience, you do not NEED to communicate in any part of this game (except maybe PvP, but I don't PvP). What I am saying is that its not hard to know to go into a dungeon, or Tiamat, and kill things. There is no need for communication at this point in Tiamat because everyone should know what to do. Those who don't are those people who shouldn't be in Tiamat in the first place, i.e. the under 13k gs people.

All of you can say that we NEED to communicate to do anything in this game. That is simply NOT true, this is not PC, this is Xbox. And whatever your feelings are towards the Xbox player base doesn't really matter. The fact is you DON'T NEED to talk to someone to say, "hey go kill black head. or go kill summoner. or go to green next." You don't need to communicate that.

The reason why Tiamat runs fail IS NOT because of lack of communication, like so many try to point out. It is the fact that you don't have enough DPS to beat Tiamat in the time given. Which stems from the lower GS people who have horrible builds, or just not enough DPS to really help out.
  • azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    tyrzn wrote: »
    @oldgravyleg Very well said. Kudos to you sir.

In 90% of my Tiamat runs no says a word to any possible new people on how to do it. They all remain quiet, or pre-complain about GS. Yes they will take the time to write out complaints BEFORE they happen.

In most of them most of the people don't group. In most of them people do not discuss teams. In most of them it's a bunch of solo players refusing to be social.

Yet, here you people are trying to blame GS... wow.

The player base is the problem, refusing to play the game correctly and communicate with each other, refusing to group up, refusing to discuss strategy, etc... Why? Because IF you try to do that, someone will insult you most of the time. This community is utterly toxic and this thread is just more proof of it.

You want everyone to have a high enough GS or skill level, so you can succeed without strategy, without communication, and without talking to each other.

Most people are sitting in zone 10+ minutes before Tia starts, there is plenty of time to sit there and teach and talk and plan before the match, and only a few do that.

Yes, it's hard to to that with the constant spam nonsense being sent to zone, but it's not an excuse not to do it.

You do that more, then you might see more than half a team actually wearing dragon souls etc...

A raid channel would be nice, and I hope it is implemented in the future.

Which leads to the other problem caused by the player base. What is common practice now is for the so called higher GS people to go into the Raid late at specific times. Thus getting in there and have ZERO time to communicate or group up or talk about strategy etc... More refusal to do the things that make the Raid go smoother, all in an attempt to get away from people that may be new... It's absurdly counter productive.

Teach more and more people and you remove more and more weak links, and reduce the risk of fails, but no... keep up these current silly tactics... yeesh.

What is counterproductive are ppl goin to a raid they dont have any idea how to do. Ppl spam tactics all the time. And if they really wanted to get better they would ask and ppl will give them advice. I never see ppl outside asking for help or advice. As i said earlier its not about tactics most of the time. Its about dps. Which almost all low gs players dont have. I dont care how u build your character. 10k is to low a gs for tiamat to be useful. Alot of us work and have families and not much time to play. So when we do we wanna get stuff done. Not babysit and carry ppl. I get asked for advice and help all the time ( not in tiamat tho) , and i help when i can. But its not fair to ask us to help carry a guy with 10k gs just because he wants to check out tiamat and hope we win for a good drop. 13k is a reasonable request to ask for. But when i see a guy with 10k gs wearin green rings tryin to do tiammat it gets frustrating.
  • valaniillevalaniille Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Tiamat gs requirements should be changed. Everyone who says its good as it is is 10-13k gs, simple as. Like "it would be too easy for you so carry me!" - lol, no one can tell me its fun to be carrying a player against my will.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    arrowvet wrote: »
    Everyone expects this game to be too easy. If the gear score changed to above 13.5k for a queue, I would want Tiamat to be much harder for that lobby to make it a challenge. 7/10 it's easy with the mixed lobbies atm. In previous mmos I played ( Everquest 2) new raid content would take months for even the most geared and dedicated guilds to complete; here we complain if we can't kill Tiamat on the first day. I am more likely to contine to play this game if there is a challenge.

This is a very good point. I do hope the developers just say, 'Deal with it bro' regarding hard or difficult zones or campaign sections (Tiamat included). While I did vote for a separate queue here, its more to eliminate the GS class vitriol that is WAY out of control.

Post edited by stpensive on