test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People complaining about new better gear

dannyinfectdannyinfect Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I don't see what's wrong with it, about every game does that, It is a good thing they can come out with new better stuff, that way people have a new goal to reach. I mean it also applies to real life, technology evolves quick, you gotta buy new stuff whether it be phones or Computer parts. I just wanted to clear that up to all the people who didn't seem to understand that.

Comments

• Options
    Now i'm not sure on how long ago they updated Neverwinter. I came back to Neverwinter from Mod 4. I hear people complaining on the forums about the game, complaints that don't make any sense.. This company needs money to keep running the game. Neverwinter rewards quite alot for a free to play, dosen't seem like it would get you to be the best before the next update, but that's what makes you want to pay some cash. Every game has this. It's normal for a business.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Okay, people, you have to keep in mind: Artifact gear can be refined into other artifact gear. If you wait for the x2 RP weekend, you lose very little progress. I refined an artifact weapon into the new artifact weapon, and went from legendary to 3 levels away from legendary. Don't get me wrong, it's still more room to go, but the net weapon is way stronger.

The big problem is that they need RP weekend to be 24/7/365
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Your analogy is bad. I can still use my 10 year old flip phone just fine. I cant use old t2 gear in current t2.

I do agree its inevitable in a MMO that the gear treadmill would occur. But your analogy is bad.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    I have a flip phone too, for whatever it's worth :P
  • Options
    Your analogy is bad. I can still use my 10 year old flip phone just fine. I cant use old t2 gear in current t2.

I do agree its inevitable in a MMO that the gear treadmill would occur. But your analogy is bad.

Now there's a difference between people who have jobs who can afford better stuff and people who can't afford better stuff. Level 60 equipment can get you around too.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    You can do t2s in t2 gear? Succesfully?
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    Heck, I have item level 2800 or so, and I can't do IWD!
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    You can do t2s in t2 gear? Succesfully?

Some classes can use the old T2 sets, well certainly more than a flip phone can at surfing the web and playing games.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    Definitely shoulda cept the campaign zones level 60. Some level 70 content in IWD is probably appropriate (Major Heroic Encounters), but it shouldn't be so difficult to get the IWD boons if you don't already have them.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Power comes from artifacts, enchants, weapons, companions, artifact necks, belts and jewelry. Head, chest, gloves, and boots are not much different in effectiveness from blue to BIS. In fact I still run a 3.7K IL with ALL blue LS gear. The real problem is cost of coal wards and GMOPs.

PS. Getting Seals for equipment in Mod 7 will be easy.
  • Options
    Easy for people who spend a lot of time with their guild? Or easy for solo players as well?
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    "Thief, Thief, Thief! Baggins! We hates it, we hates it, we hates it forever!"
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    Every game has this. It's normal for a business.
    No. No they don't, and no it isn't. I have played (and am still playing) FTP MMOs where gear updates are much more widely spaced out and FAR better implemented.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    If new gear is required to be earned to do new content, so be it.

However, in this game, it is you need new gear to do old content and use old gear to do new content (at least, in the beginning of the new content).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Its simply that they are NOT given us quality content, but trash every 3 months now while updating more grind.

Its all way to tedious.. WAY too much. If they gave us ONE solid new module, with new dds, skirm and/or raid , once a year and made us regrind things for a month or so, thats what most other mmos do. You then do your alt or two of your choosing and join your friends in the raids and/or pvp . Just doing that in other games on average play time of 25 hours a week is more then enough content.

What we have here is just a thow a dartboard selection of quests and revamped MASSIVE grind over and over.

This was warned about back in MOD 4, when that recycled grind content was given to us. Many of us threw out caution flags at that point. IT was way too MUCH daily time to get through (not days, DAILY time) waiting around for dragons and doing it 3-4 zones a day. Its still too much btw.

The grind in the game needs to be reduced by about 80% to allow for more alts and more focus on GAME play.

In the old days, I would do GG every day on 2-3 alts, do doms 2-3 times a day and a dd 2-3 times a day, varied by using 2-3-4 characters and it was a blast. I came to this game because of the casual style and the gameplay and variety it offered.

Now this game has MORE grind then the one I LEFT! and that was a top notch MMO, with massive (IE about 1-2000 actual story line content then this game has) at the time I left you could run 6 different 3 mans, 12 different skirms , 5-6 different raids and like 8 or so small groups dds), and open world pvp that was closed instance (duh..)

You could get 5-6 toons to raid ready EVERY year between releases and enjoy it way more!

There is simply no reason to replace gear every 3 months in a mmo, its just a little ridiculous.
  • Options
    I thought the grind from level 1 to 60 was way too fast and it only took people less than a week or a little over a week to reach level 60. In other MMOs it could take multiple weeks or months to reach the max level.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I thought the grind from level 1 to 60 was way too fast and it only took people less than a week or a little over a week to reach level 60. In other MMOs it could take multiple weeks or months to reach the max level.

I agree with this one. It was way too fast. Back then, I out level the dungeon (the old good day) and could not get in if I did a little bit more such as doing CTA events, dungeons, skirmish, etc. I kept on out level the new area which was one thing I dislike back then.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    naw.. I know of no other western style mmo that takes more then a month honestly. If you have high alts, then its usually faster as you have better resources.

I took a Lotro alt from 1-70 in 12 hours and that included all the relevant story line to get my 2nd age sword. All you had to do is buy all the crafted gear (weapons especially) as they were about 50% better then drops, with that much more dps you were like 2-3 levels advanced all the time, litterally slamming through all content (WHICH is what you want when you have already done/explored everything 2-3 or more times!)

BUT crafting there was reasonable.. all you needed was some mats that cost a few gold to do them. Here.. omg, its way too harsh to worry about and there really is no reason to do it.

There is no REAL story line to even appreciate here, while in lotro, they really had thousands of them and unique areas to explore that felt like you accomplished something (bilbos 12 buttons in goblin town!)

Im not saying it was better, but you cant lock out people like they are doing here.. its not even fun ! to do lvl 61-70 content, as the repetitive nature of it sucks out any joy there could be.

After you have already done all the areas here, why lock it out so grotesquely. I dont know of anyone who has multiple alts that appreciates this at all..

There isnt even enough experience to get your toons to max level when you DO all three areas! Thats a problem and poorly designed to boot.

• Options
    other games solve this VERY easily, they just make a button that you can turn off leveling, if you wanted to stay at 25, you could.. then turn it back on when you wanted to.

• Options
    silverkelt wrote: »
    other games solve this VERY easily, they just make a button that you can turn off leveling, if you wanted to stay at 25, you could.. then turn it back on when you wanted to.

That is more or less what I did when I raised the 2nd toon back then. I was carefully not to level up too fast myself and made sure I did area before I was banned to go in. For the idle toons, I made sure I did not do invocation and leadership so that they could not level up.
  • Options
    kaknoepkaknoep Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    NWO is a grind i accepted that, my problem is im stuck on 2300 gear rating for months now and i can't find a way (besides upgrading Artifacts and Enchants) to get any advance.
    So after doing Sharandar and DR for boons, went to IWD and WOD, got better gear.
    Now with new module and lvl 70 i feel i have been relegated and (only option) is to do Shar and DR AGAIN..just to farm, couse Iwd and Wod will get most of players killed at every pack.
    So there is (old) content that that most players simply can't play anymore, unless you want to hold hands in every zone.
    Why is there no new lvl 70 Epics in SH - DR, when there were for lvl 60.. now i think of it why is there nothing to gain from doing WF, Celadaine beside getting XP and 5 coppers :s i don't get it.

Also when i see the Prot Seal Alliance Raid / Assault gear there is no real upgrade, tbh its a step back for me it may give me a higher gear rating but stats wise its not better.. so what to do where to go ?.

Honoustly Armors are to limited, there need to be more variety and item lvls and more tiers... this sounds like a mooaaar whine be i think its a must.

And increase RP gain perminately.. why wait for 2x RP weekend.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree. More RP gain! Make 2x Weekend permanent. Every day is Friday!