test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Overflow Rewards Are Trash

myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
Just earned an overflow xp reward for my since-beta "hit 6 to mount, hit 7 to trigger artifact" DC. After all this time, all that grinding, I got a small pile of rank 5 enchants, which I can get from invoking five times a day.

Pathetic.

If the devs are going to make us advance at so glacial a pace, they should make a Power Point or a more realistic set of rewards for such a great accomplishment, automatic.

Comments

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Yes, a power point should be in there, but it's not, and anything else is random too.
    And at this point, i wouldn't be surprised, if you only get a power point with a running XP booster...

I know, anything from the overflow reward box is probably still random. But i wouldn't come as a huge surprise, if a running XP booster would give you a higher chance for a power point from the overflow.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    And at this point, i wouldn't be surprised, if you only get a power point with a running XP booster...

Got one last night on a character I've basically parked (invoke/profession/storage). Let's not muddy things up with hysterical accusations.

The current rewards were for the most part reasonably balanced with the way XP was at the launch of M6. Ok, the XP tomes and rank 5 enchants were a bit disappointing, but you'd get another roll fairly soon, depending on how actively you played the character.

Now it doesn't really matter how much you play the character, overflow rewards are few and far between, and highly likely to be of little actual use in progressing your character. Players who didn't have a large pool of bonus power points from when the level cap was 60... those people are SCREWED.

If it's going to take 2.5x longer to get an overflow reward, the rewards need to be 2.5x as good. That seems fair, no?

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    New players are pretty much out of luck, but I found on my older toons, that if I do Retraining, I can max out the powers that I use on a daily basis.

Did the same on my pre-Mod 6 HR (archery), GF, DC, and CW. I haven't used the free respec on my GWF, TR or my other HR (combat) yet. I even managed to get one power point on my OP before the XP change.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    It feels like a big fat painful hearth hurtening slap in my face after 3-4 Weeks constant playing the game and finally getting an overflow reward and it is 1x Aquamarin.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    karakla1 wrote: »
    It feels like a big fat painful hearth hurtening slap in my face after 3-4 Weeks constant playing the game and finally getting an overflow reward and it is 1x Aquamarin.

Sapphire. It cannot be worse than a sapphire, although a single sapphire at this point is pretty sucky.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    okay a Spahire,... but i knew it was blue!

plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    If the powerpoints were gated by "kill 1000 NPCs in GG" or "grind 1k protector seals", or anything else, would u be happier?
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    I got a few XP tomes from the last overflow, and those still offer the same low amount of XP...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Agreed. A Power Point should be much more commonly awarded. I would suggest automatically the first overload level and then every second overload level until you reach the maximum bonus Power Points.

The other rewards should be greatly improved as well.
    I would suggest something more like the following (All Account Bound):
    1. 2 Black Opals
    2. 1 Blood Ruby
    3. 4 Greater Marks of Potency
    4. 1 Bundle of any 4 Stones from the following list:
        1 Power Stone 1 Stability Stone 1 Union Stone 1 Resonance Stone 1 Thaumaturgic Stone
    5. 1 Bag of 250,000 Rough AD
    6. 10 Tomes of Experience (instead of 5)
    7. 2 Cache of the Elements
    8. 1 Cache of the Protector
    ​​
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Oh boy am I glad some one made this post. YES YES YES!!! Please change the overflow experience reward to an automatic power point.

I thought ahead and saved my free respect from Elemental Evil coming out until I hit level 70 and luckily had played the game enough prior that I already had enough power points to be able to redistribute them into things I wanted to be level 4 and left out spending points in class features I didn't even use on my CW, but nonetheless I whole heartedly agree here.

It takes so long to get overflow experience built up to be able to get a reward from it that my other characters are never going to have more than 2-3 things at level 4 cause the pile of 'rewards' I don't want from overflow.

Making a power point a guaranteed reward would be so very very nice.
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    Getting a full bar of overflow XP takes a minimum of about 1h 15m, possibly a little less, up to an hour if you have absolutely every XP bonus in the game (ones from companions, full rank 12 azures). The fastest I've managed is about 1h 15m with 4 Rank 12 Azures and XP shirt/pants + double XP booster from zen store in a 2-man party (GWF + SW). It could be faster with a better set of classes, but you can't exactly pick and choose if you want power points on a specific toon.

Without the double XP booster, it'll take about 2 and a half hours doing it extremely efficiently. Without rank 12 Azures, it'll probably take about 3 hours+.

For the rewards you get, it's really... not worth it. Over the last 4 levels:

1st level up: Power point + rank 5s
    2nd level up: Black Opal
    3rd level up: Power point + Black Opal
    4th level up: Sapphire

After nearly 7 hours of grinding, that's all the rewards I got. It's a little bit demoralizing to see a Sapphire after an hour and a half of non-stop grinding. And the fact you need to spend AD or zen to even achieve that time (without using a XP booster, it would have taken me 14-15 hours at minimum), is pretty ridiculous.

I wouldn't be objecting if a power point was guaranteed with the overlevel. The person who was helping me doing the levelling managed to not get a power point 3 times in a row. Out of 4 levels, he got 1 power point.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    The word 'overflow' in the thread title is superfluous.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    How about a small chance at a Greater Mark of Potency?
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    At the current progression it needs to give a power point everytime. At the experience rate we're gaining next to how much we need there should be no RNG involved.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    The XP system goes much further than just making it far more difficult for a players main character. It's outright hostile to alternates.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    myles08807 wrote: »
    After all this time, all that grinding, I got a small pile of rank 5 enchants, which I can get from invoking five times a day.

They should at least remove this from the loot table. That pile of R5 enchants is worth about 400AD in the AH. It's like a slap in the face to the players.

• Options
    myles08807 wrote: »
    After all this time, all that grinding, I got a small pile of rank 5 enchants, which I can get from invoking five times a day.

They should at least remove this from the loot table. That pile of R5 enchants is worth about 400AD in the AH. It's like a slap in the face to the players.

I would be ok with still getting a rank 5 enchantment.....as long as I'm guaranteed a power point....and I would even be ok with them slightly upping the overflow exp to get that reward. But 7 hours of grinding with rank 12 azures and you hit overflow reward 4 times....bleh....that must be doing all the elemental air stuff over and over.....but still though let's be practical now. How many people in the game have even 1 rank 12 enchantment. I would suspect not nearly as many as would enjoy being guaranteed a power point for hitting the overflow exp reward.

To be quite frank though....people just aren't going to buy into stuff unless they think they can get ahead.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I just got 30K AD... so they are not trash...

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I can make 30K AD in two days with just some easy playing.

Now try filling the overflow within the same time, without the help of rank 12 Azure enchantments, Inscribed Garnments and XP booster.

30K AD might not be "trash", but this reward is not on the same level as a much needed power point.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    I just got 30K AD... so they are not trash...
    Enjoy it. You probably will never see it again. Look forward to that small pile of R5s you will be getting, or a peridot
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Got a flawless sapphire last time I got a reward.
  • Options

The loot table is pretty straightforward. RNG tests here:
    http://nwo-uncensored.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=424#p424

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

The loot table is pretty straightforward. RNG tests here:
    http://nwo-uncensored.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=424#p424

Makes me wonder a little bit if the loot tables are the same on preview as on live. At any rate though I concur with the topic being that the rewards could used to be better. I like that idea of a greater mark of potency or even to add this idea in a.....coalescent ward (omg why are they so expensive!!), but still though a guaranteed power point. We all want to have rank 4 abilities where we want them and on all our alts, but given the current setup its not going to happen till they come out with rank 5 of all abilities if even then.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    last time i got, was a sapphire, and then 3 weeks later to today, i got rank 5 runes/enchants, very dissappointing rewards for almost nothing, most of my runes and enchats are in 7's and few 8's, these rank 5 didnt make any progress that much.
    i get rank 6 from daily seed quests with Minsc and Boo which was little better RP boost.

it should have a blue refine stone or a purple refine stone, or if lucky, a shard.

my other alt got lucky a month ago, for astrals.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    One of my alts just got a black opal and a power point. THAT'S the kind of reward we deserve for all this slogging through repeat after repeat quest. It's a good thing that we don't have bards as a class, because most bards don't do re-quests...