Install Arc
Options

Need Help on DPS MoF Build

2»

Comments

• Options
    solidbangerssolidbangers Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I guess for a reference point, here's my mediocre gear.

greater vorpal in the weapon.

56ACDC5337FAD0083673D7BAFD009DC4B3604C30
  • Options
    solidbangerssolidbangers Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Here's a run with Chilling presence and Arcane Presence slotted. 3 dummies. 91k dps

Chilling Cloud, Scorching burst

Conduit of Ice on tab, Entangling Force, Icy Terrain, Fanning the Flame.

Chilling Presence, Arcane Presence

521CC82B39601C086B701E429C5E1F0D6BE4B0E9
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Fanning on tab, Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Conduit of Ice

Swath + Chilling, same gear as in the previous tests

fEsc64Y.png

I'm surprised Icy Terrain even showed up on the list... keep in mind that it does this little damage because Icy Terrain doesn't deal damage against frozen targets and I'm running Icy Veins.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Don't listen to people that say MoF does half damage of stormspell mages. It's a few percentages less and the difference gets small the longer a battle goes on. MoF also have the best daily power in this game.
    Unfortunately I am playing with thaumaturge. I can post a screenshot of my feats, maybe it helps, but it's just not renegade. I believe having both icy veins and spell twisting is important for my wizard, so there was no room to go for renegade, even though that capstone is pretty awesome. Btw, the thaumaturge capstone does not deal just weapon damage, it uses all the % damage bonuses you have and counts as arcane damage, so it is a lot more damage than it might seem to be from the description.

MAster of flame do lesser damage than spellstorm mage because:
    Sudden storm is faster and lower cooldown than fanning the flame and also deal very high aoe damage even without the stacks of arcane mastery(imagine with). AS master of flame i dont have an encounter like sudden storm to shoot the mobs when they are frozen ( chilling presence).

ALSO even now with nerf on storm spell ( doesnt critical) when the build has high critical rate the storm spells are instant than slow overtime smolder.

But this is fine for me i prefer my pt to kill faster with swath of destruction feat than increase my personal damage.

• Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    MAster of flame do lesser damage than spellstorm mage because:
    Sudden storm is faster and lower cooldown than fanning the flame and also deal very high aoe damage even without the stacks of arcane mastery(imagine with). AS master of flame i dont have an encounter like sudden storm to shoot the mobs when they are frozen ( chilling presence).

You can't compare Fanning the Flame to Sudden Storm because both are very situational spells and the outcome would heavily depend on how many targets you hit with them. A tabbed Fanning applies Smolder to every target and is a target based spell, while Sudden Storm has to be aimed and is a close range encounter where the total damage is also influenced by Storm Spell's proc chance. The lower cooldown is it's strong aspect tho. With the ever-decreasing monster density in dungeons, most fights end with a single, strong monster alive. Even boss adds spawn far away from each other in most cases. Fanning's and Sudden's AOE aspects are valued less and less.
    very high aoe damage even without the stacks of arcane mastery(imagine with).

Arcane Mastery's stacks come from arcane based encounters and only increase arcane damage, Sudden Storm is lightning based. You can use Arcane Presence to apply this bonus to cold based encounters as well.
    AS master of flame i dont have an encounter like sudden storm to shoot the mobs when they are frozen ( chilling presence).

No, but you can use any other encounter instead, even Chilling Cloud with its 3rd strike can do a respectable amount of damage if monsters are bunched up. SS CW is heavily encounter based and relies on casting actively to proc SS. MoF applies smolder/rimefire and can choose to deal damage however he wants because Rimefire becomes a constant background damage.
This discussion has been closed.