test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat mechanics.

spacemountain40spacemountain40 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
T2 dungeons have now been rendered useless as 10,11,12k gear score players can obtain the best Stat numbered set in the game "Draconic Templar" in a matter of a couple weeks, not to mention the absurd amount of T2 armor drops from the chest. These players can now ride the coattails of the higher gear score players and reap the rewards without contributing much at all. These players DO NOT put out near enough damage to make any sort of difference. If all the 14k+ GS players stopped running Tiamat for 1 day, those 10,11,12 GS players would not get a SINGLE COMPLETION. This has essentially ruined the economy in one swift swoop and the game play. Very very sad
Post edited by lewstelamon01 on

Comments

• Options
    agent00spliffagent00spliff Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Players with your poor mentality are what ruined the game
    Dolores Haze - CW
    Lykopis - GWF
    Goon Squad

Embrace the cashgrab
  • Options
    This has really unsettled your bread and butter player base, the ones who "fund" the game. It's very very clear if you just simply look in the forums and in chat in game. I believe this will be a massive turning point in this game if something is not done quickly to rectify the situation.
  • Options
    Players with your poor mentality are what ruined the game

I'm sorry you feel this way. Although it doesn't change anything. What I'm saying is factual. You simply need to look at the state of the game now and what's being said by a very large part of the player base.

Have a great day

• Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    nothings ruining the game, its just leveling the playing field. I have 3 chars at level 60. 1 of them had a 11k gs and i could out do most with a 16k gs. my others have 15k and 16k gs. Its a matter of how you play your character and if your stats are set up correctly. I have seen too many players with a 16k gs and have a poorly set up character. So dont go blaming things on low gs players. It could be someones alt for one. We are still in the beginning of this game on console. You didnt see pc version fold after a few months. Its still going after 2 yrs. That person you blame that has a 10k gs, could possibly be a better player than you. You never know.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    nothings ruining the game, its just leveling the playing field. I have 3 chars at level 60. 1 of them had a 11k gs and i could out do most with a 16k gs. my others have 15k and 16k gs. Its a matter of how you play your character and if your stats are set up correctly. I have seen too many players with a 16k gs and have a poorly set up character. So dont go blaming things on low gs players. It could be someones alt for one. We are still in the beginning of this game on console. You didnt see pc version fold after a few months. Its still going after 2 yrs. That person you blame that has a 10k gs, could possibly be a better player than you. You never know.

All you have to do with a Cleric to obtain Gold standard is spam Astral Seal. There is ZERO skill to this. This is coming from a 17k Cleric who DOES NOT use Astral Seal as it lags the instance and causes wipes quite easily. Bastion, Sunburst and Forge masters Flame is what any helpful Cleric should have loaded in Tiamat. Forge masters Flame is to make up for the massive lack in DPS, as per the insane amount of low gear scores. Funny how that works eh

• Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Very true but be realistic. The T2 drops need to stop and gs requirement needs to be 13k. I know everyone gets very defensive when people discuss low gs , but take your 11k gs and compare power, crit, and pen. Does it compare to a 14k who is the same class? Assuming your around 4k pwr the 14k gs will be at 6k pwr. If specced correctly the 14k crit and pen will be at soft cap and in sense do more damage. Yes 11k will be viable but not as effective as 14k gs.

And it is setup of the class which matters as well. If you have a high GS player moat likely they have put alot of hours into the game and knows the instructions and outs.10k gs is probably just hit 60 and hasn't even learned the end game and what builds mechanics work best. Or have that person used a guide for his build. Maybe but most builds are of players with really high GS rendering the build not so good until you've achieved higher gear, enchantments etc.

Regardless people who aren't contributing but riding people who do, they need to step back and get there stats/ builds up. Learn the method.
  • Options
    So your saying people like me who have 3 characters at level 60 and have played since the beginning on console that has 1 char at 11k gs and 2 over 15k shouldnt be allowed to play their 11k gs character in Tiamat even though they can outplay some of these high gs players? I have an example, i have seen 16k gs SW running around with 500 ArP.. You have to have 24% resistance ignored to do anything for one. Tell me what good is that SW gonna be with a 16k gs in a T2 run? Zero. Some players with 15k gs bought their gs. So if you set a cap at 13k your still gonna get people who arent set up correctly. cause they will buy whatever to fluff their gs. What matters is how the character is set up. I will be glad when gs goes away in Mod 6.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

• Options

Regardless people who aren't contributing but riding people who do, they need to step back and get there stats/ builds up. Learn the method.

Anyone can throw stats on their character and get a high gs.. its a matter of correct placement to get the right build. Anyone can get a 18k gs, but the question is, is it built correctly and will it do any good in game.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

• Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    That fact is that all that grinding to get armor and afford belts has gone down the drain.

The amount of times I've been loot booted at the end of a dungeon trying to get my t2's.

what a joke.

• Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Anyone can throw stats on their character and get a high gs.. its a matter of correct placement to get the right build. Anyone can get a 18k gs, but the question is, is it built correctly and will it do any good in game.

my 7k char can out do most 10k why can't they lower the level. have you got anything against that..
  • Options
    sponsahmesponsahme Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    you guys talk about 10ks who know how to build their class right. what makes you think those 10ks have a more likely chance to know to build their class right than a 16k lols

use your brain for logic pls.
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I think his point is anyone can plonk down real world money and be an instant 16k, and that the 10k guy you see running around can be the alt of a two year PC veteran who knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Blah, doesn't upset me and I think I'd be considered a "bread and butter" player as you say. What ruins the game is the players that relied heavily on kicking players to grab loot and keep lower level teamless players from being able to get high gear scores unless they helped themselves by buying it. Now however, I'm sure your mad you cannot kick people left and right to make money off thrm. Thats too bad I'm feeling sorry, really..... the economy is fine, haven't had a problem making AD
  • Options
    mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Although I had to do dungeons and buy my gear (for 200-500K a piece...) I think the current prices are great. It will help to bring up the players quicker for the current content (tiamat, shores, ELOL) and help me to furnish my alts quicker. It does hurt the drive to run the T2 dungeons (save perhaps CN) but I was only running those for fun for quite a while anyways :)

The new changes to the votekick will be awesome as well. Can't wait for icewind dale to come out with more heroic encounters and new goodies :)
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    the game is enjoyable because people have had to pay extortionate AD costs for gear because they got excluded from dungeons by elitist L&Bs? Hmmmm....

The very thought that all people want in this game is gear shows how exceedingly narrow minded you are. Has it ever occurred to you that some people want to actually do the dungeons, but have been unable to do so due to jerks kicking them as soon as they entered the dungeon with "GS lol lol kick" chat text.

The folk who are crying over the economy are the ones who have enjoyed fleecing the (not so forum vocal) majority of players with hugely inflated prices.
  • Options
    mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Little correction - the vault of piety chest has a chance at a *bound* coalescent ward not unbound.
    bluedood wrote: »
    fatpob wrote: »
    You also can buy a box each week in the vault of piety that has a chance for an unbound one.
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    so the economy is ruined because you can't sell T2 gear for as much anymore?
    Dungeons aren't ruined at all lol, your chance of getting other gear items to use for artifact gear is higher dungeons and skirmishes. the only thing that i would say ruined the economy (as far as PC goes) was the decision to have the Coalescent wards BOP (the ones from the vault of piety chest). but that then became a norm, and all moved on
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I was just answering your question because you made it seem impossible to ever get these things without spending real money. You made it seem like you thought it was now impossible to do, and I just shared a way it could be done. If it were easy, the prices would be much lower.

Fwiw, people are saying t2 gear in tiamat as the cause for price drops, I would like to point out that players can look in the journal and see what the chest reward is. This has reduced the selling price more than the extra supply added because the demand for t2 is now low. It makes no sense to pay 200k ad for a t2 cap when you can go into sp with a group and get your reward by completing once.

Change in the game will happen. How you react and adapt is up to you.
  • Options
    bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    mikeyflies wrote: »
    Little correction - the vault of piety chest has a chance at a *bound* coalescent ward not unbound.
    bluedood wrote: »
    fatpob wrote: »
    You also can buy a box each week in the vault of piety that has a chance for an unbound one.

I know the trade bar is bound, was under the impresion the box is unbound.