test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway Adventures, on epic quests for companions, why it is so hard to get Lightfoot thief?

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
nearly 2 weeks, that companion are still elusive, some times i failed when i have 1 health bar left, cost 10 "vital" points for each try, sometimes i cleared first,2nd and often if lucky i cleared 3rd floors, and not finding it.
i did once skip other encounters just to reach 4th floor and cleared.
what is the trick of finding the Lightfoot Thief?

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I hear your chance goes up if you sacrifice a bucket of KFC to RNGesus (he prefers extra crispy).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I hear your chance goes up if you sacrifice a bucket of KFC to RNGesus (he prefers extra crispy).

...you forgot to add your street address - how shall the believers know where to offer their sacrifice, huh?
  • Options
    peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I've completed and cleared the epic maps well over 100 times, in fact I'm probably close to 2-300 at this point (I stopped counting a while ago). RNGsus is the arbiter of rewards in NW and he is a miserly god, so don't expect to "find" the thief.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    It took me about 300 or so tries to get it. I have seen some people report needing 600 tries to get it.

If you want it, plan to spend a LONG time running the epic dungeons in TotSC. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    wow, 300 times? KFC sound good, lol, but what if it wants tacos?
    just my opiniom, Gateway need to add few "random" companion tokens to make your companions way better, only time i get from lockbox, but that is very rare for tokens.

then why it is blue rather than purple grade?
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    wylonus wrote: »
    wow, 300 times? KFC sound good, lol, but what if it wants tacos?
    just my opiniom, Gateway need to add few "random" companion tokens to make your companions way better, only time i get from lockbox, but that is very rare for tokens.

then why it is blue rather than purple grade?

It is blue so you will spend a load of AD to upgrade it. Game economics. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Yeah... ummm.... I am over 250 complete rounds and nothing. I have yet to find out if he drops from a chest or from a specific encounter. ​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I've done perhaps 50-100 epic SCA runs so far, three blue and one purple companion, and don't have difficulty finishing it usually. Haven't seen a Lightfoot Thief yet so not sure where they drop. All I know though, are that the chests are worthwhile doing as they can drop the purple Loyal jewellry.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Yeah... ummm.... I am over 250 complete rounds and nothing. I have yet to find out if he drops from a chest or from a specific encounter. ​​

End boss only.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »

End boss only.
    Useful piece of information there. Thankyou. I have lost count of the number of SCA epic dungeons I have completed without finding a companion but it's definitely several hundred. Fortunately, I find them much more fun than playing the game these days :)

• Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    I've always wondered if it is end boss only, so thanks for the share. I stopped counting long ago; I did at least 200 completions before the blue companions had any of the epic die, and continue now usually doing at least 2 a day.

So - 2 weeks, I feel your pain, but I've been trying for about a year now and have never gotten a drop. :(
  • Options
    qexotic wrote: »
    Useful piece of information there. Thankyou. I have lost count of the number of SCA epic dungeons I have completed without finding a companion but it's definitely several hundred. Fortunately, I find them much more fun than playing the game these days :)

It's funny cause it's true.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    was it a possibilty might have on a perfect roll of 20 if he might be up somewhere? i got a bad roll of 1 today, all i get mostly cash and 2-3 items, plus items from chests.
  • Options
    I wonder if that is a possibility. I have seen better drops on a day with higher rolls... especially a 20.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Funny thing, I've been doing the Festival Dungeon for the last couple of weeks. The 'prize chest' in the top left, as opposed to the final 'Boss' chest over on the right hand side, can be quite variable and has included several encounters from the Epic Dungeon which can be a bit challenging when I am playing with my alt's set of companions. The funny part is that while I still haven't hit a Lightfoot Thief in an Epic dungeon, I was pretty surprised to hit a Damaran Sheperd companion in an Epic chest in the Festival Dungeon. I should probably have opted to just do Epic Dungeons that day but still, I didn't expect to find any kind of campanion appearing in the Festival Dungeon.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    qexotic wrote: »
    I was pretty surprised to hit a Damaran Sheperd companion in an Epic chest in the Festival Dungeon. I should probably have opted to just do Epic Dungeons that day but still, I didn't expect to find any kind of campanion appearing in the Festival Dungeon.

Yeah.. that sounds like a bug, tbh.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Meh...it's not surprising. The one thing they seem to do well in this game is dangle the carrot right in front of you, then corner you with excessive price gouging in the store.

Isn't it sad that a mini side game they developed is almost more fun then the actual game itself? im more interested in developing my companions right now then actually leveling to 70. It at least feels rewarding...

On a side note, I have played (and are currently playing) many different MMO's that are f2p with cash shops. And this one is the worst for making me feel like they are nickle and dime-ing me to death, and putting up walls to progress rather then giving us opportunities.
    Post edited by temjiu on