test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting the rug pulled out from under

2»

Comments

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    karakla1 wrote: »
    The ZAX backlog is down to 900K. Yesterday it was at 3 million and still slowly growing. The illegal generated wealth must be huge.

Maybe, but the change was only just implemented hours ago. The ZAX took a nosedive BEFORE the patch arrived. This is purely people dumping their zen and hoarding their AD because they anticipate the zen price to nosedive. Botters gonna bot in game now, the ZAX probably won't dip very far before it recovers and goes back into backlog.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    It is baffling this desire to get BiS, and the only way to do so is to get AD, in order to purchase items (greater marks of potencies, preservation wards, coalescent wards) all of which are essentially fixed in price by Cryptic. While there are elements to enjoy in this game without having the best gear (occasional dungeon runs, hanging out with friends, questing in the foundry) when you're playing with others in an MMO, you are ultimately going to compare yourself and be compared to others.

I suppose this is part and parcel with being in an MMO. The grind to achieve BiS, is the 'hook' which keeps some of us in this game, sadly. It is a sad state of affairs where the ultimate goal is to make AD, as reiwulf stated. But that is end-game content of an MMO, the grind, in order to make us work towards something (I know not what), and to keep up with others.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    The current game design actively encourages a fixation on AD generation.

That is truth!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    macjae wrote: »
    Saying it's "pretty much as fast" is more than a bit ridiculous. It sounds like someone that's never really compared the two, or that's being apologetic about this.

Oh give me a break. I've been managing Leadership alts for over two years now :neutral:

It takes me 30-45 seconds per toon on the Gateway, and about 45-60 seconds in game, but that also includes the benefit of being able to pray and get the autorefinement to trigger.

You guys are acting like it went from taking minutes to hours. And it's ridiculous. But hey, play the way you want to play.

All I'm saying is the cards are dealt. Play the hand. Or fold.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • horofoxhorofox Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The point about alchemy is somewhat strange, it sounds like it's cryptics fault that the price for unified elements dropped XD
    It must have dropped, considering ultracheap alchemy assets, continious supply and one-time demand for unified elements.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It takes me 30-45 seconds per toon on the Gateway, and about 45-60 seconds in game, but that also includes the benefit of being able to pray and get the autorefinement to trigger.
    That sounds about right. Maybe a bit more of a difference if you get good at using Search and the browser's Back button. The main issue for me isn't speed, it's accessibility.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    The main issue for me isn't speed, it's accessibility.

Which is a bummer. And a legitimate complaint. But at this point, what can you do about it? I mean besides complain. We can always do that.

But otherwise for the time being, people need to suck it up a bit and adapt.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User

Which is a bummer. And a legitimate complaint. But at this point, what can you do about it? I mean besides complain. We can always do that.

If it's a legitimate complaint then it must be legitimate to complain about it. B)

There is an alternative response - simply stop playing. At the moment it's the option I'm exercising although it was the XP nerf that tipped me over the edge rather than this. I'm now in a holding pattern waiting to see what Mod 7 and 8 bring but additional annoyances like this do mount up.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    maybe, but so far I haven't seen any complaining to change anything cryptic does, and people have been complaining about stuff for 2 years already. I don't think it really serves anything.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    horofox wrote: »
    The point about alchemy is somewhat strange, it sounds like it's cryptics fault that the price for unified elements dropped XD
    It must have dropped, considering ultracheap alchemy assets, continious supply and one-time demand for unified elements.

The demand for UE is more or less constant now, and has been for a good while. Possibly mod 7 will spike demand, I don't know.

The reason their value plummeted is simple, once it became common knowledge that crafting UEs could net you 60k AD (a rate of 5k AD/slot with WHITE quality workers which is about the same as the fastest leadership tasks using 2 EPIC quality workers, and the AD from UEs isn't rough AD nor are you restricted to only 3 of the task) everyone, including botters, jumped into the market. Hence, oversupply, bottom falls out of the market.

For awhile there it got nuts to the point that you could make tons of AD selling aqua regias and the high-end level 60 potions to all the people trying to get their alchemy to 25, but that actually was more of a one-time demand market.

By the way, alchemy is still quite viable for making AD. You can sell eldritch crystals for around ~1k each, while the costs to transmute them are less than 1/4 of that and it takes about an hour to do so with even the slowest workers. That's ~750 AD/hr./slot, or 18k AD/day/slot. But of course it's extremely tedious to do so even on gateway, unless bot software were used...
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Everyone's known for sometime that leadership was the easy way to make AD. They've been doing small nerfs from time to time for a while. This change shouldn't be so surprising. The surprise is that they award AD at all. I expect we'll see a removal of AD from leadership entirely at some point in the future.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I open up my Neverwinter in windows mode, open up my anime on the other half of the screen. Log on to my alts to pray and do craps while watching the anime. Once the animes finishes, my craps are done, I logon to my main and smasshhhhhh! its simple! :smiley:
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    what about not taking things for granted and demand for things you dont own in the first place...? Unless of cus.. you have the capability of bearing the responsibility of hundreds of thousands' loss for the company....? Suggestions are good, but critism on how people run their business is not gonna help, this is the reality.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I have the feeling the only people raging about the shut down of leadership from the gateway are the one that had botted.

If thats really what you're feeling are as clueless as a platypus

The platypus species is at least 100,000 years old - nearly as old as modern humans. It must be doing something right and can't be as clueless as Karakla1.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    I have the feeling the only people raging about the shut down of leadership from the gateway are the one that had botted.

If thats really what you're feeling are as clueless as a platypus

You get it ;)

plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    macjae wrote: »
    Saying it's "pretty much as fast" is more than a bit ridiculous. It sounds like someone that's never really compared the two, or that's being apologetic about this.

Oh give me a break. I've been managing Leadership alts for over two years now :neutral:

You guys are acting like it went from taking minutes to hours. And it's ridiculous. But hey, play the way you want to play.

All I'm saying is the cards are dealt. Play the hand. Or fold.

As I stated before, it does not work for my current situation, which is not likely to change anytime soon. I can't "adapt" because I have little or no time to run professions on my PC at home.

I choose FOLD! Time to move on, I guess. :(
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."