test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When Did The Time Come To Buy Zen

bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
I'm looking at this weekend Zen discount and wondering if now is the time to buy. I'm running into an issue where I feel like my 9.8 60th lvl CW is running flat on upgrades, all my refinements needs wards to keep things from disappearing going from 5th lvl to 6th. Plus some companion upgrades look to me in order.

So I was wondering for those who have bought Zen in the past what drove you to do so AND at what point where you with your character that you felt the need to bite the bullet.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Well, it is on sale for Xbox right now, 15% off. So I would say that now is a GREAT time to buy Zen. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Well, it is on sale for Xbox right now, 15% off. So I would say that now is a GREAT time to buy Zen. :D

Yes, I know! :smiley: . I was wondering when players, if any, came the point where the best option to move on was to start dropping some cash on Zen.

• rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    First character around 8-10k for first loun stone
  • advertic1advertic1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    You need our opinion on if you should buy Zen? I spent 45$ on Zen before it came on sale. It's on sale now so why not buy it?
  • bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    advertic1 wrote: »
    You need our opinion on if you should buy Zen? I spent 45$ on Zen before it came on sale. It's on sale now so why not buy it?

I guess what I was looking for if there was a point in a people character development where in game grinding was just no longer doing it that it came to the point to buy some Zen.
  • xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    If you want what Zen buys and you don't have the AD to get it (or the other way around) then it's time to buy and/or exchange. Just remember it's not just the Zen on sale, the keys for lockbox loot (which essentially changes the AD prices in the AH as well) are on sale too. However, there's no matching special event (moving the crafting focus and crafting item mix around) or double rp/enchantdrop going on. And everyone's dealing with the random 25 people tiamat thing and the wod grinding and such. All things to consider.
  • tgsmoothtgsmooth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I would buy as much Zen as you can afford and hang onto it once it goes back up to around 220-250 to make even more AD off of it. Right now the AH is a buyers market, you can buy all T2's cheaply now if you don't have them. It is the fastest and easiest way to get AD now seeming as how theres nothing really worth selling right now besides greater marks, cloaks, and artifacts. Your choice though, lockboxes will grant you stuff you can use to refine artifacts, rank 6 enchants, etc. but just easier to sell zen for AD and buying all this instead of chancing it.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I bought Zen the first time when I was around level 30 and so tired of having the really slow horse. So I bought Zen and bought an Epic mount.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png