test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

feedback on dailies and action point generation

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
so if i see what we are getting:

a new mount which gives 25% ap upon daily usage.

an artifact set with a chance to refill 25% ap upon encounter usage.

these are going in the list of the already ap recharging (and quite gamebreaking) items we have:
AP necklaces
cleric artifact
potions
bonus action point stat.

DAILIES ARE A PROBLEM.
they are gamebreaking. A dc is already able to allow a party to spam them indefinitely and we are introducing stuffs to spam them even more... mind you dailies will be more spammable that encounters which is not a problem on class like hr but paladins, dc, gwf, tr, cw ?? come on.

PLEASE consider to introduce a hard AP DEPRESSION IN PVP.
not something like 50% slower ap generation but even more high like 75% or so.
its time already.

i know pretty much everyone would be ok with it so please keep this bumped and as loud as possible.

thanks
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    Infinite AP is not harder to balance than an AP depression. Just saying...
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Would you explain?
    how would you fix this problem other than limiting the ap gain rate?
    introducing a cooldown for each daily? yea it can work but no they wont do it because every daily has its weight and so they would need different cooldowns
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    i already run run LoL with a cleric that allowed me to keep DP up permanently, imho ap gain should be reduced to 10~20% of what its now
    Paladin Master Race
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I'm not a DND buff by any stretch, but being a daily, I would assume these were intended to be rare 1 time shots, not slightly more powerful and less used encounters. These should be game changers, surprise abilities used maybe a time or two a match...

Seems to me that idea has been lost some place.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    At the same time, having significant uptime on dailies is one of the things keeping solo PvE manageable, in my opinion. The SW build I've been running completely falls apart without gobs of AP gain, as a dramatic example.

I know the original proposal is to suppress AP gain only in PvP, but if a more blanket change were made, then that's another area where the game needs to be completely re-tuned.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Hrmm.. my DC can't "able to allow a party to spam them indefinitely"..

Then again, I'm not exploiting anything.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    edited July 2015
    Pvp only of course i couldnt care less about pve balancing until stuffs get cleared anyways and everyone can put its weight effectively
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Prevent any AP gain for 15 secs after the usage of daily just like DC's 2 big daily?
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Prevent any AP gain for 15 secs after the usage of daily just like DC's 2 big daily?

that would generally be okay but would break many items and hr dailies
  • chroococcichroococci Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Give all dailies a cooldown. Problem solved. HR has it already and it works fine.
    edited July 2015
    chroococci wrote: »
    Give all dailies a cooldown. Problem solved. HR has it already and it works fine.
    A cooldown based on what exactly? thats the problem... but ye either a cooldown or a simple ap depression
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    In a word: no. No more changes to accommodate PvP. It has always - ALWAYS - broken PvE.
    juleadream wrote: »
    In a word: no. No more changes to accommodate PvP. It has always - ALWAYS - broken PvE.
    PVE people should be able to read...
    "pvp only".

do practice mod 7 is full of text
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    "pvp only".

I was reading at a post-graduate level in the 7th grade. You?

And you didn't read the part where I said - pretty clearly - that attempts to balance PvP have ALWAYS broken PvE. ALWAYS. They do not seem to be capable of instituting a change that only works in PvP.
  • chroococcichroococci Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    A cooldown based on what exactly? thats the problem... but ye either a cooldown or a simple ap depression

Maybe nothing? Just a short duration, like 30 seconds, and thats all.

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    Hrmm.. my DC can't "able to allow a party to spam them indefinitely"..

Then again, I'm not exploiting anything.

it was pug cleric, so i dont know what he was using, but DP was up permanently, i refreshed it like every 10~15 sec(20 sec full duration) though i do have some AP boosts - epic neck and 7.2% from stat. still i havent noticed that with guilds cleric
    "pvp only".

I was reading at a post-graduate level in the 7th grade. You?

And you didn't read the part where I said - pretty clearly - that attempts to balance PvP have ALWAYS broken PvE. ALWAYS. They do not seem to be capable of instituting a change that only works in PvP.

even in pve AP gain is too damn high, Daily powers should take a lot longer to charge up, flat 80% reduction of all ap gain(including DC artifact and equip necks) should be fine
    Paladin Master Race
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Playing GWF, I can get away with using dailies very rarely. The added damage source is nice but not necessary.

Playing TR or CW, I use them nearly as much as possible for control effects and to clear stuff faster. Not having them available means longer fights which means more time for things to go wrong.

Playing DC, I mostly use Flame Strike for extra damage on big targets while soloing. (I've never slotted Hastening Light.)

Playing SW, Immolation Spirits *has to be* available with as close to 100% uptime as possible, because at least that means not dying horribly all the time. A cooldown would absolutely kill that.

HRs have a cooldown on their dailies that don't consume 100% of AP, not their dailies that consume 100% of AP. A trapper hitting lots of targets might actually be able to get Seismic Shot off more often than they could use Forest Ghost.

Existing AP gain suppression is applied to buffing dailies with a duration, not ones that deal damage directly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    You realize how ridiculous this is, right?

"You keep adding stuff to make it easier to use dailies and that's a problem!....So....NERF DAILIES!"

Maybe you should be asking for them to nerf existing AP generation boosts and/or stop adding more instead?

Cause if they nerf dailies they nerf EVERYONE, including those who AREN'T able to spam them.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • ZooidinZooidin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I would like to see a 120 second hard cooldown (can't be reduced) in those overpowered dailies such as: Shocking execution, Oppressive force and Divine Protector. These skills are much more powerfull than other dailies and with the new slug mount they will be spammed faster than encounters.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Do you have some other solution? Or if gwfs had similar ap gain would you be cool with ap generation being toned down in general. Or do you think daily spam is fine. No judgement just kind of curious.

For what its worth I don't the game is balanced for dailies being used as frequently as they are and are going to be but at the same time I think it should be faster than every 2 minutes or so. I'm not a game developer so I can't articulate it better.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    It seems strange to me when my TR can use dailies (especially SE) more often than some encounters (such as LB). I feel like they should rename dailies as "all the timeies"