test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you want a Perfect, stop being cheap.

spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PvE Discussion
I see a lot of people complaining about the price of Perfect Vorpal and Lightning enchantments and when someone lists a certain trade value range, people say they're overpricing them.

Let me break this down for you.

With the current prices of rank 6 runestones (the cheapest way to level up an enchantment), they're around 2500-3000 AD each.

I say that's the cheapest because the shards are insanely overpriced, aside from the odd one you find under 5k.

So, it takes 622,080 RP to level up to a perfect. Let's go at the low end of current market prices and that's around 750k AD in RP, which is what most people do.

Let's cut costs here and, obviously, the most cost effective way of making a perfect is by buying the lesser off the trade house. The current price of a lesser lightning is around 120k. You need 8 of those, so that's roughly 960k AD.

Upgrading 8 of the lessers to normal, requires 4 Greater Marks of Potency. That's 400k.

Upgrading the 4 normal to greater requires another 4 marks, so there's another 400k.

Upgrading 2 greaters to perfect is another 2 marks, so another 200k.

If you actually had to buy the coalescent wards to upgrade everything beyond the lessers, you would need 7 in total, which are 220k each on the ZEN Market, based on the current exchange rate, so there's another 1.5 million AD.

Most people, like myself, use their trade bars for the wards, but that generally costs MORE (in AD spent on keys) than just buying them directly off the ZEN Market.

So, assuming coalescent wards aren't even factored in (which is ridiculous), it costs around 2.7 million AD to make a perfect. With the cost of wards included, it's 4.2 million.

So, in short, if you want a perfect, either save up and buy one at a fair price, or simply shut up. Nobody should have to take a loss because of someone's unwillingness to pay fair market value. And don't give me the "you can farm all the refinement points" bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The people that actually do that (myself included), are in a huge minority. 622k RP is NOT easy to farm. Even using the Spellplague spawning pits with 10% drop rate, it's not easy for me. Without double RP, that's 1,244 Peridots. Granted you'll likely exceed that amount in time with Aquamarines, Sapphines and Black Opals, you still have to factor in the "wasted" RP (for this purpose) of White Pearls, Minor Resonance Stones and Lesser Resonance Stones. I'm not equipped to do the math on that, but is well over 15 hours of non-stop farming, going all-out. Realistically, it's closer to 24-30+ hours for most people. So....yeah! If you want a perfect and see one on the Trade House for under 3m, that's a bargain, since you MUST factor in that person's time invested. If not, just make your own and see what it REALLY costs you ;).
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• DaesynDaesyn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Nobody should have to take a loss because of someone's unwillingness to pay fair market value.

Nobody is being forced to sell at a loss. If you don't like the going rate, don't sell at it.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I see a lot of people complaining about the price of Perfect Vorpal and Lightning enchantments and when someone lists a certain trade value range, people say they're overpricing them.

Let me break this down for you.

With the current prices of rank 6 runestones (the cheapest way to level up an enchantment), they're around 2500-3000 AD each.

I say that's the cheapest because the shards are insanely overpriced, aside from the odd one you find under 5k.

So, it takes 622,080 RP to level up to a perfect. Let's go at the low end of current market prices and that's around 750k AD in RP, which is what most people do.

Let's cut costs here and, obviously, the most cost effective way of making a perfect is by buying the lesser off the trade house. The current price of a lesser lightning is around 120k. You need 8 of those, so that's roughly 960k AD.

Upgrading 8 of the lessers to normal, requires 4 Greater Marks of Potency. That's 400k.

Upgrading the 4 normal to greater requires another 4 marks, so there's another 400k.

Upgrading 2 greaters to perfect is another 2 marks, so another 200k.

If you actually had to buy the coalescent wards to upgrade everything beyond the lessers, you would need 7 in total, which are 220k each on the ZEN Market, based on the current exchange rate, so there's another 1.5 million AD.

Most people, like myself, use their trade bars for the wards, but that generally costs MORE (in AD spent on keys) than just buying them directly off the ZEN Market.

So, assuming coalescent wards aren't even factored in (which is ridiculous), it costs around 2.7 million AD to make a perfect. With the cost of wards included, it's 4.2 million.

So, in short, if you want a perfect, either save up and buy one at a fair price, or simply shut up. Nobody should have to take a loss because of someone's unwillingness to pay fair market value. And don't give me the "you can farm all the refinement points" bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The people that actually do that (myself included), are in a huge minority. 622k RP is NOT easy to farm. Even using the Spellplague spawning pits with 10% drop rate, it's not easy for me. Without double RP, that's 1,244 Peridots. Granted you'll likely exceed that amount in time with Aquamarines, Sapphines and Black Opals, you still have to factor in the "wasted" RP (for this purpose) of White Pearls, Minor Resonance Stones and Lesser Resonance Stones. I'm not equipped to do the math on that, but is well over 15 hours of non-stop farming, going all-out. Realistically, it's closer to 24-30+ hours for most people. So....yeah! If you want a perfect and see one on the Trade House for under 3m, that's a bargain, since you MUST factor in that person's time invested. If not, just make your own and see what it REALLY costs you ;).

While I do agree that it is very costly to make a perfect enchantment, that doesn't really justify the price.

I could spend $100,000 on tractors and employees to make a huge mound of dirt. It doesn't make the dirt worth more just because time and money was put into it.

The price of an item is only worth what the majority is willing to pay for it regardless of how difficult or how easy it is to acquire said item. If people are asking to buy something for lower than what it's valued at by the community then they will suffer longer wait times and potentially not finding someone who will sell them one at all.

Everything on the market comes down to supply and demand. It doesn't matter how much you spent acquiring the item. If there's not a high enough demand for it then it will drop in price. This item can also be bought and traded multiple times as it doesn't bind. That makes the used item just as valuable as it was the second it was created. This also means the price will go down more because there is more of a supply than a demand.

There is evidence in this by looking at most of the other enchantments. Some perfect enchantments don't even cover the cost of the wards much less the shards and RP. This is because there is no demand for the product. Even though it's just as costly to make as a Vorpal or a Lightning, its much cheaper because there isn't a demand for the items.

You can say that due to the cost of making it that it should retain a higher price tag but economics don't work that way. It's the exact reason companies hire R&D teams and engineers to come up with more efficient and cost effective ways of making product.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I think you should blame other sellers. This goes for everything in the market. Just look at basic salvageable equipment. I always check going rates on trade house before salvaging and it's shocking to me how often equipment is selling for cheaper than you can get by salvaging it. Why?

Anyway, your competitors are setting the prices for the most part and your customers are wealth or lack of are setting the prices to a degree as well. For example, if I had 4 mil AD I'd happily throw down and buy a perfect Vorpal from you but I don't have it yet lol. Are you actually getting complaints from people or just having a hard time selling?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Oh how little you know about economics. An item is worth only what one is willing to pay for said item. Everything you mentioned trying to justify value is meaningless my friend.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    soonergm wrote: »
    I think you should blame other sellers. This goes for everything in the market. Just look at basic salvageable equipment. I always check going rates on trade house before salvaging and it's shocking to me how often equipment is selling for cheaper than you can get by salvaging it. Why?

Anyway, your competitors are setting the prices for the most part and your customers are wealth or lack of are setting the prices to a degree as well. For example, if I had 4 mil AD I'd happily throw down and buy a perfect Vorpal from you but I don't have it yet lol. Are you actually getting complaints from people or just having a hard time selling?

I was inspired to make the thread because I was trying to trade a perfect lightning for something of similar (in terms of cost and rarity) value and 3 people messaged me saying I was over-valuing it by almost a million AD LOL. One guy even resorted to spamming me, calling me a scammer repeatedly when I declined his offer of an Imperial Rage Drake. Another guy offered me 1,185 Dragon Hoard Coffers, which is only 1.6 million AD. I get everyone's looking for the best deal, but when I'm offering a trade (at a 2.7m valuation, which is low anyways), I don't expect to get low-balled. The TH is fair game, but I no longer need AD, so I'm looking for appealing trades.
  • zenghenzenghen Member Posts: 20 Arc User

Rough Astral Diamonds with a max per day conversion vs. Actual Astral Diamonds?
  • nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Just like real life. If I tried to build a car or individual parts, it would cost more than a whole new car.
    zenghen wrote: »

Rough Astral Diamonds with a max per day conversion vs. Actual Astral Diamonds?

I thought about that when I posted, but personally I don't make 24k rough per day. Yes there are days when I make more but I average out to less. Are most people getting rough astral at a rate greater than 24k?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    I usually get 24k+ a day on 5 or more of my characters daily when I'm farming. I also stock up on hundreds of epic items to turn in on double astral days which usually nets me 500k+ rough on all my accounts.
  • TomidiusTomidius Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I usually get 24k+ a day on 5 or more of my characters daily when I'm farming. I also stock up on hundreds of epic items to turn in on double astral days which usually nets me 500k+ rough on all my accounts.

You would have to win every loot in a t2 dungeon, factoring in rings and belts in at least 7 dungeons for this to happen. If you have a static group and you factor in 1/5th of the loot thats 35 dungeons which could be adjusted slightly down if you are getting double drops off of some bosses. If every dungeon took 20 minutes, with no down time for eating or taking a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, that would be 11.6 hours of farming. Some dungeons take longer than 20 minutes, I don't care who is in the group. Now I respect your statement, but either you have a LOT of time on your hands or you are lying.

Now if you went on to say.. Yeah I buy items for 6-7k that salvage for 8k and hit my 24k cap on all of my characters each day and supplement it with drops from dungeon farming, that would be believable. You had the foresight or logged in at a good time to pre-purchase purples before double astrals? Kudos... that doesnt mean you net 120k rough astrals in purples per day doing dungeons. Why try to talk the guy down?

If I am wrong, I'd like to watch you play while I am at work, because you clearly dont work. Do you have twitch?

edited July 2015

Wow l feel like a failure, lol.

Well I don't get to play quite that much. During the week I usually have enough time to do harper quests, well of dragons quests, maybe run and hit up the 2 dragons that reward sigils. After that I might run a dungeon or b2b skirmishes or farm encounters in well of dragons.

Still, using you as an example, you save your artifacts for double astral days as opposed to selling them for half salvageable value. I'd rather do that than undercut everyone including myself.

Edit: btw I didn't take your reply as insulting or anything like that because I've read many of your posts and you are one of the more helpful members on the forums, imo
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Tomidius wrote: »

You would have to win every loot in a t2 dungeon, factoring in rings and belts in at least 7 dungeons for this to happen. If you have a static group and you factor in 1/5th of the loot thats 35 dungeons which could be adjusted slightly down if you are getting double drops off of some bosses. If every dungeon took 20 minutes, with no down time for eating or taking a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, that would be 11.6 hours of farming. Some dungeons take longer than 20 minutes, I don't care who is in the group. Now I respect your statement, but either you have a LOT of time on your hands or you are lying.

Now if you went on to say.. Yeah I buy items for 6-7k that salvage for 8k and hit my 24k cap on all of my characters each day and supplement it with drops from dungeon farming, that would be believable. You had the foresight or logged in at a good time to pre-purchase purples before double astrals? Kudos... that doesnt mean you net 120k rough astrals in purples per day doing dungeons. Why try to talk the guy down?

If I am wrong, I'd like to watch you play while I am at work, because you clearly dont work. Do you have twitch?

I run with a group of 5 and at 16k gs I'm the lowest. Our PK runs take no where near 20 minutes. We run from one boss to the next and take out all the enemies at once. Essentially most of our time in the dungeon is just what it takes for us to run through it.

Even still it does take quite a while. if I'm just goofing off and farming a few dungeons then I'll get no where near that. But I wouldn't call it farming unless I was being serious about it so I posted what I get on my good farming days. Of course I don't get that daily because it's mind numbing to farm that dungeon all the time. But, it is quite easy to acquire that much loot in about 7-8 hours if you have a great group like I do.

I put that I only get that when I'm farming but I think I worded it a little too loosely by saying daily. I implied that I do this every day which definitely isn't true so that one is my bad.
  • spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User

I run with a group of 5 and at 16k gs I'm the lowest. Our PK runs take no where near 20 minutes. We run from one boss to the next and take out all the enemies at once. Essentially most of our time in the dungeon is just what it takes for us to run through it.

Even still it does take quite a while. if I'm just goofing off and farming a few dungeons then I'll get no where near that. But I wouldn't call it farming unless I was being serious about it so I posted what I get on my good farming days. Of course I don't get that daily because it's mind numbing to farm that dungeon all the time. But, it is quite easy to acquire that much loot in about 7-8 hours if you have a great group like I do.

I put that I only get that when I'm farming but I think I worded it a little too loosely by saying daily. I implied that I do this every day which definitely isn't true so that one is my bad.

Are you factoring in the horrible game crashes that have plagued that dungeon since the game came out? Not always, but sometimes, most of the groups I go in there with completely crash at least once. The most I've seen was 2-3 of my group members crashing 5 times on one run. Haha.
    I prefer Spider Dungeon as it can drop a set armor piece, crashes less and takes only slightly longer than PK. If im solo I slum it in PK as it is somewhat less likely to be booted..
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User

You forgot the dragon seals. We use seals to buy rings for 6k salvage as well..

Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • spyd3r85spyd3r85 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Some classes (that have actual weapons for off hands) can get those with the seals and get a 10k / 60 ratio out of it rather than the 6k / 40 (I think) u get with rings. Just throwing that out there = ).
    Hmm 10k for 60 does seem slightly better... 166.67 per seal to 1.5 per seal...

I did 3 hours of farming PK,, did 10 runs. We netted 270k of purples, I GMoPot and GMoU .. so the 5 of us made 100k~ in loot + seals + chest loot which is -5k each but generally come out even or ahead when calculating seals. or when you get a vorpal. I wonder how rare the Marks are.. It definitely shoots profitability up when you get those.

It was profitable for sure.. and a bit mind numbing.

We then timed Spider and can do that under 20 minutes with less crashes which was cool... The BP's do sell for more than offhand tradables so think we may stick to that, or switch it up.

Do GMoPower drop in Pirate?